After months and months of research and hesitation, I have finally decided to purchase a Key2. I am coming from a Sony Xperia,and before that a Passport. Only problem is, the key2 is sold out on both sites where Blackberry sends you to buy the device. I did notice that the stock on Amazon was getting lower and lower each day, and I contacted them and they aren't sure when the next stock will come in (if it even will.) and Best Buy stopped selling it months ago.

I do not want an LE and I would prefer not having to buy a used key2. I monitor Swappa everyday but it's almost impossible that a brand new key2 pops up on there anymore. Does anybody know where I can purchase the BBF100-2 model? or should I just give up on owning the key2 altogether and wait for what might hopefully be the Key3 next year?
    07-25-19 11:35 AM
    Your best bet is to just keep checking Amazon. Stock comes in and out.
    07-25-19 11:57 AM
    There is no new stock in the US. For now it seems @BlackBerry Mobile stopped operating / supporting the US market. Could be related to the trade war.

Either purchase from 3rd party while bearing all the risks involved or start looking at other products.

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/best-buy-will-stop-selling-blackberry-key-devices-soon-1173869/
    07-25-19 11:57 AM
    Thanks for the thread. lots of useful information.
    07-25-19 01:01 PM
    ^ Pretty much what he said.

If you want it brand new and from an authorized source, wait till Amazon gets some more stock
    07-25-19 01:01 PM
    Could always take a trip to Canada...
    07-25-19 01:14 PM
    After months and months of research and hesitation, I have finally decided to purchase a Key2. I am coming from a Sony Xperia,and before that a Passport. Only problem is, the key2 is sold out on both sites where Blackberry sends you to buy the device. I did notice that the stock on Amazon was getting lower and lower each day, and I contacted them and they aren't sure when the next stock will come in (if it even will.) and Best Buy stopped selling it months ago.

I do not want an LE and I would prefer not having to buy a used key2. I monitor Swappa everyday but it's almost impossible that a brand new key2 pops up on there anymore. Does anybody know where I can purchase the BBF100-2 model? or should I just give up on owning the key2 altogether and wait for what might hopefully be the Key3 next year?
    The Canadian carriers (TELUS, ROGERS at least) still have them available. Some even have units in-store instead of just online. I don't know if that helps at all.
    07-25-19 01:20 PM
    Even third parties on Amazon are now selling the Key2 with crazy prices.

Axle Nutrition is selling the Key2 North America version for $780.
    They might lower the price. Keep watching that!
    07-25-19 02:19 PM
    Even third parties on Amazon are now selling the Key2 with crazy prices.
    Supply and demand. When they go from selling 2 a month to suddenly 10 in a couple of days, I'm sure they investigate why (all authorized sellers are out of stock) and adjust prices accordingly.

They likely don't have much stock either, but if they can get an extra $200 on the last ones, why wouldn't they?

Niche products with small, fanatical fan bases are easy to exploit. That's always been true (check out the car industry, for example, with people buying 60s cars for >$200,000 that you could buy for $500 in the 80s).
    07-25-19 03:57 PM
    Could always take a trip to Canada...
    For what exactly? We have the smallest Key2 stock in the world. Probably Congo has more Key2 allocated than Canada.

You know Canada, per capita Blackberry's most loyal market.
    RK_BB and John Albert like this.
    07-26-19 10:06 AM
    Amazon.ca still has them. The best deal is on the Oeptimus made international dual-SIM version for $575 Cad. Regular North American models are C$750 and up.
    07-26-19 04:41 PM
    Amazon.ca still has them. The best deal is on the Oeptimus made international dual-SIM version for $575 Cad. Regular North American models are C$750 and up.

I doubt the Optiemus phones get PIE or any other updates - nor any warranty support, so not sure "deal" is what I'd call it.
    07-29-19 08:46 AM
    For what exactly? We have the smallest Key2 stock in the world. Probably Congo has more Key2 allocated than Canada.

You know Canada, per capita Blackberry's most loyal market.
    You can buy them outright from any carrier.
    07-29-19 08:49 AM
    I doubt the Optiemus phones get PIE or any other updates - nor any warranty support, so not sure "deal" is what I'd call it.
    Moot point. That deal no longer shows up. But I'm sure that other international phones have similar limitations, although for more $ now. New phones are now listed for $1200 and up. Right now the Telus price of $870 split into 24 payments at 0% interest is looking good.
    07-29-19 10:39 AM
    same as official in accessories! not one store in all of Winnipeg had a Blackberry case for sale. I had to order it online from a 3rd party. This pretty much confirms how Blackberry phones are soon to be extinct, which is unfortunate
    07-29-19 04:47 PM
    Its questionable that the TCL devices will even get Pie.
    07-29-19 05:04 PM
    Its questionable that the TCL devices will even get Pie.
    KEYone most definitely not... KEY2 getting PIE is 50-50 at best in my opinion. If we do get PIE on the KEY2 I will definitely be surprised.

Bob
    07-29-19 05:38 PM
    It is looking rather bleak for any K2 getting PIE! Me thinks!
    07-29-19 07:02 PM
    KEYone most definitely not... KEY2 getting PIE is 50-50 at best in my opinion. If we do get PIE on the KEY2 I will definitely be surprised.

Bob
    I think the KEY2 will probably get it... probably

Now for the LE, I really don't know. Working on the update for one of those devices would already be completing 90% of the work for the other wouldn't it?
    07-29-19 07:07 PM
    I think the KEY2 will probably get it... probably

Now for the LE, I really don't know. Working on the update for one of those devices would already be completing 90% of the work for the other wouldn't it?
    99%.
    07-29-19 07:25 PM
    99%.
    If that's true, and the KEY2 is getting Pie, then the LE will also if there's almost no difference in development time and costs
    07-29-19 08:34 PM
    Ugh I want the regular Key2 as well. Sometimes I wish BlackBerry would license their keyboard tech out to Samsung or Sony.
    07-30-19 01:57 AM
    Ugh I want the regular Key2 as well. Sometimes I wish BlackBerry would license their keyboard tech out to Samsung or Sony.
    Neither needs it... as they both have plenty of their own keyboard tech and patents.
    07-30-19 07:01 AM
    Neither needs it... as they both have plenty of their own keyboard tech and patents.
    But let's be honest, BB style frets and key shape would bring far more (nostalgic) interest than generic rounded keys like those on the Samsung keyboard covers
    07-30-19 04:12 PM