I have found the microphone of the KeyOne to be terrible...I've never had so many people say they can;t hear me or my calls sound mushy since before the days of Sprint's "pin drop".

Very frustrating, and this is after 5-6 replacement devices with no improvement on the audio quality front. Of course, many others have the same complain/experience.

I have also found the speakers to be lacking, especially when playing streaming movies from sites like Netflix, although I can live with .

Have these areas been improved with the Key2?
    06-29-18 11:42 AM
    Both have been 'improved' but it depends on your definition of improvement I guess. Calls are noticeably improved and while the speaker is louder for watching movies, listening to music, it's still not stereo and doesn't provide much bass. It's just shallow sounding. Still an improvement though overall.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    06-29-18 12:20 PM
    I have found the microphone of the KeyOne to be terrible...I've never had so many people say they can;t hear me or my calls sound mushy since before the days of Sprint's "pin drop".

Very frustrating, and this is after 5-6 replacement devices with no improvement on the audio quality front. Of course, many others have the same complain/experience.

I have also found the speakers to be lacking, especially when playing streaming movies from sites like Netflix, although I can live with .

Have these areas been improved with the Key2?
    my experience is quite the opposite.. I have a US launch day unlocked KEYone on T-Mobile and folks have said i sound crystal clear even in noisy environments and my downfiring speaker is much louder than my S8

I even did an experiment calling another one of my phones and listening to myself comparing the sound and i have to say that the KEYone sounds excellent!

If the KEY2 sounds even better than that'll be great!
    06-29-18 12:30 PM
    just one of the reasons I sold my Keyome, awful reception, key2 is as good as Passport .
    which means it's very good
    06-29-18 12:33 PM
    I’ve never cared for the quality of speaker as long as I can hear the phone ring. However, signal strength and and audio quality in headphones have not been k1 strong points at all. I really home they fixed weak signal in k2.
    06-29-18 12:33 PM
    Both have been 'improved' but it depends on your definition of improvement I guess. Calls are noticeably improved and while the speaker is louder for watching movies, listening to music, it's still not stereo and doesn't provide much bass. It's just shallow sounding. Still an improvement though overall.
    I really primary care about the microphone. It's just awful, although for some reason the mike on the top of the phone for use when in speaker phone mode is acceptable, while the mike at the bottom which is utilized for normal calls is a disaster.
    07-02-18 11:02 AM
    The key 2 has a weak second Mike it's wasted 24hrs of my life so far
    07-08-18 02:27 PM
    I use Field Recorder to capture stereo audio, it's a beautiful application and the mics in the Key2 do a decent enough job, they don't seem quite equally matched. The old PlayBook mics blew me away and these swipe ones come pretty close
    11-21-18 04:53 PM