In the past few days I've been getting a message pop up saying that the 6GB memory is low. I've resolved it by closing active apps and the message goes away. I've now restarted the phone to see if the message persists (haven't had it yet). I also looked to see which apps are consuming the most memory space, but really, it wasn't all that much - about 2GB (over-estimating) is my best guess.

Any idea of how much the OS takes up for the RAM?
    Anyone else have this issue?
    09-01-18 02:25 PM
    In the past few days I've been getting a message pop up saying that the 6GB memory is low. I've resolved it by closing active apps and the message goes away. I've now restarted the phone to see if the message persists (haven't had it yet). I also looked to see which apps are consuming the most memory space, but really, it wasn't all that much - about 2GB (over-estimating) is my best guess.

Any idea of how much the OS takes up for the RAM?
    Haven't heard of this issue before. Do you have any sort of memory clearing or cache clearing apps installed (if so delete them immediately)? I'm assuming it's an app that so you'll have to figure out which one.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-01-18 02:35 PM
    yes here too
    09-01-18 04:10 PM
    You need to let the OS manage memory. Don’t mess it up with any memory managing app or rebooting the phone daily.
    09-01-18 07:23 PM
    it is BlackBerry ram management program, I started to receive that notification few days ago. so I restarted the phone, and it is all good again now.

not like key1, I didn't have to restart my life phone to reset cache for lag issue since it has no lag at all.

I guess key2 is trying to be proactive, and I don't care about it since I had to restart my phone first time almost two weeks after the aug update. key1 had to be restarted everyday(se) or every other says (be). I wouldn't mind to restart a phone once or twice a month .

besides camera , key2 is my dream berry. but I might move back to note series next year if key3 doesn't upgrade camera seriously next year.
    09-01-18 08:03 PM
    You need to let the OS manage memory. Don’t mess it up with any memory managing app or rebooting the phone daily.
    You're joking right? Any electronic devise that uses memory or cache must be rebooted from time to time to refresh it! No exceptions my friend! Cheers,
    09-01-18 10:23 PM
    You're joking right? Any electronic devise that uses memory or cache must be rebooted from time to time to refresh it! No exceptions my friend! Cheers,
    Huh? I haven’t rebooted my iPhone for two months now... and the only reason it was rebooted was because of a OS update. And it’s buttery smooth.
    manddgroup2 likes this.
    09-01-18 10:39 PM
    My last iPhone was the 6. I can assure you I rebooted it every 2 days.
    09-01-18 10:42 PM
    Huh? I haven’t rebooted my iPhone for two months now... and the only reason it was rebooted was because of a OS update. And it’s buttery smooth.
    I thought “buttery smooth” was only to be used with BB devices. Please cease and desist this blasphemy.... LOL
    09-01-18 10:43 PM
    My last iPhone was the 6. I can assure you I rebooted it every 2 days.
    I don’t know what you did with your phone but I use mine extensively for work and never ever have to reboot it except for OS updates.

But yeah Apple had issues with when iOS 11 came out... it was very buggy. But they solved it.

Any OS can be stable enough to prevent reboots, as long as the coding is good. Memory leaks are results of bad coding
    09-01-18 10:52 PM
    Since the last few day been having the low memory notification as well. No slowdowns though.
    09-02-18 02:21 PM
    It's just BlackBerry Power Center being overly agrressive. Adjust the settings in regards to warnings and such and it'll stop.
    09-02-18 08:06 PM
    Same with my KeyOne, I don't recall the last time it was rebooted but I don't recall it being for memory issues.
    09-03-18 02:42 AM
    I completely turn off my key2 every night and turn it on next morning. Is that bad?
    09-03-18 07:45 AM
    I completely turn off my key2 every night and turn it on next morning. Is that bad?
    If you want the KEY2's alarm clock to wake you up, then yeah it's bad
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    09-03-18 08:34 AM
    Any BADLY DESIGNED electronic device with MEMORY LEAKS require reboot. Android phones are fine. I don't remember when I rebooted my Motion last time. My wife did not reboot her Moto G5 Plus last few months as well, other family mobiles are also very solid w/o any reboots. Different makes, different models. This reboot theory is no longer accurate...
    bobshine likes this.
    09-03-18 08:45 AM
    Same with my KeyOne, I don't recall the last time it was rebooted but I don't recall it being for memory issues.
    Lucky you, I had to reboot KEYᵒⁿᵉ almost everyday due to memory issue, and it was first time with any android phones...

Luckily with key2, I dont have to reboot it due to memory issue at all. (So far so good). I rebooted my key2 when I got the same notification as OP got since I was paranoid from key1 experience... but honestly, key2 was performing fine even with that ram notification ... :P
    09-03-18 09:00 AM
    Why do you do that? Old habits or there’s a reason behind it?

Most modern device will take advantage of the downtime at night to update or to sync with the cloud certain information.

Furthermore, but shutting down, you are just making your device run slower since it kills your most used apps which usually would be in your RAM.
    melhiore and IvanTheTolerable like this.
    09-03-18 09:31 AM
    Lucky you, I had to reboot KEYᵒⁿᵉ almost everyday due to memory issue, and it was first time with any android phones...

Luckily with key2, I dont have to reboot it due to memory issue at all. (So far so good). I rebooted my key2 when I got the same notification as OP got since I was paranoid from key1 experience... but honestly, key2 was performing fine even with that ram notification ... :P
    Perhaps it was an app on your phone since not all KeyOne's had this problem.
    09-05-18 01:58 PM
    Perhaps it was an app on your phone since not all KeyOne's had this problem.
    It was not 'an app' causing it, but simply key1 could not handle many apps (200+) and accounts(5 gmail, calendars, 3 messenger apps) synced .

My priv and key2 both did not have this memory issue. With almost identical setup. I even did factory reset, and it didn't help.

I think it is the key1's too low spec + poor optimization was not ready for 2017 power users since many many power users reported the same problem as me.

I have used androids from g1, and used almost all blackberries (no storm, dtek, and motion though...) since 2002. And key1 was the only one that had required me to reboot the phone on daily basis to use it without lag.
    09-05-18 02:08 PM
    It was not 'an app' causing it, but simply key1 could not handle many apps (200+) and accounts(5 gmail, calendars, 3 messenger apps) synced .

My priv and key2 both did not have this memory issue. With almost identical setup. I even did factory reset, and it didn't help.

I think it is the key1's too low spec + poor optimization was not ready for 2017 power users since many many power users reported the same problem as me.

I have used androids from g1, and used almost all blackberries (no storm, dtek, and motion though...) since 2002. And key1 was the only one that had required me to reboot the phone on daily basis to use it without lag.
    I'm no expert, but memory usage isn't really determined by the hardware, it's the software that directs the hardware. The hardware should do as it's told...??? Even if the hardware were to hold something it was told to release it's no big deal, that information will be overwritten since the OS doesn't think it's there. Memory is static not permanent and is controlled by the OS... All the hardware does is remembers what it's told to remember.
    Last edited by Soapm; 09-06-18 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
    09-05-18 05:48 PM
    I'm a serial rebooter, on my note8 and my Key2. I'll even reboot family members phones if I know they never do it. you wont life under my roof with a phone that hasn't been rebooted!
    Soapm likes this.
    09-05-18 06:18 PM
    It's just BlackBerry Power Center being overly agrressive. Adjust the settings in regards to warnings and such and it'll stop.
    I somehow doubt that, Bla1ze, as it's consistent about the high memory usage. Had it again today, shut down all the apps and the message disappeared. I'm not sure which app is the culprit, but certainly one of them is causing the problem.
    09-05-18 09:37 PM
    this started happening to me for the first time as of yesterday. its pretty consistent and not much has changed at all in my usage since week 1
    09-05-18 09:51 PM
    I somehow doubt that, Bla1ze, as it's consistent about the high memory usage. Had it again today, shut down all the apps and the message disappeared. I'm not sure which app is the culprit, but certainly one of them is causing the problem.
    You're welcome to doubt it all you want but I told you which app it is. - https://crackberry.com/how-adjust-bl...-notifications
    09-05-18 10:05 PM
35 12