Hi All,
    Have a weird issue that need advice on how to tackle:
    I have an approx 4 yr old BBF100-2 that is intermittently loosing loudspeaker and headset speaker output. It usually happens like this:

• Morning my alarm will go off (indicating loudspeaker is working fine)
    • Around afternoon the loudspeaker and headset speaker will stop working (no output from various apps - If I dial, I hear nothing however upon ending the call will hear a loud beep from the loudspeaker)

Headphone output works fine if I put in my headphones despite no output from the speaker or headset.
    Once I restart my phone, everything works OK.

I'm leaning towards a SW issue because if it was a HW issue it wouldn't resolve upon restart?
    Seems some app is taking over the speaker and not allowing any other app access to it?

Any advice on how to tackle this?

I want to replace my battery so want this fixed before I open it up and potentially mess other things up

Thanks
    05-13-23 09:19 PM
    A hardware fault could arise through overheating. A restart wouldn't solve that so I think you're on the right track ie it's a new software glitch. Depending on your location there may be shops that repair BlackBerrys and maybe they could help. Though if you're into DIY that might not be a solution.
    05-14-23 12:07 PM
    Could always Factory Reset (after doing a full backup).

Set it up without you current Gmail account and test it without any apps installed. If problem exists it's hardware... but being that it's both speakers, I'd lean toward hardware.

At five years old... hard to put new money into old hardware.
    05-15-23 01:10 PM
    A hardware fault could arise through overheating. A restart wouldn't solve that so I think you're on the right track ie it's a new software glitch. Depending on your location there may be shops that repair BlackBerrys and maybe they could help. Though if you're into DIY that might not be a solution.
    I had that once with the headset plug it would not turn off and the speaker back on. I had to spray a fast shot of contact cleaner and the issue went away.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-15-23 03:42 PM