So, I changed the battery on my Key2 last night. Everything seemingly went perfect. I reattached everything, but when I tried to use my phone it had no service. However, after charging for a bit, the phone had service. However, it went out shortly thereafter and all day today it has gone in and out. More out than in, but it is driving me crazy and I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY KEY2!! Any ideas of what it could be? By the way, I have factory reset the phone and have popped the back off and checked both the blue and white antenna cables. Both are still connected, at least look like they are connected. I pushed on the top very gently to make sure. Still nothing.
    02-21-24 04:53 PM
    Hello,

Do you have all the plugs on correctly? It sounds like there is a loose connection or the new battery has a defect, which has already happened!

Good luck
    02-22-24 05:05 AM
    Only thing you didn't mention was checking the SIM Card..... Do you remove the tray often? When it's not working, does it see the SIM in settings?

Other than that, I think you have done what you can... short stopping in to a "real" repair shop to see if then can work it out.
    02-22-24 06:50 AM
    So, I changed the battery on my Key2 last night. Everything seemingly went perfect. I reattached everything, but when I tried to use my phone it had no service. However, after charging for a bit, the phone had service. However, it went out shortly thereafter and all day today it has gone in and out. More out than in, but it is driving me crazy and I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY KEY2!! Any ideas of what it could be? By the way, I have factory reset the phone and have popped the back off and checked both the blue and white antenna cables. Both are still connected, at least look like they are connected. I pushed on the top very gently to make sure. Still nothing.
    Even still now, 10:55 am Eastern time February 22nd, there are widespread cell phone disruptions going on in the Lower 48 States of the US. AT&T seems to be hit much worse than the others.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...hone-outage-us
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/22/tech/...age/index.html
    02-22-24 09:57 AM
    Hello,

Do you have all the plugs on correctly? It sounds like there is a loose connection or the new battery has a defect, which has already happened!

Good luck
    I did not take any of the plugs off. They stayed connected when I installed the new battery. I agree, it feels like there is something not connected securely or something. So, the battery could be causing this issue? I have power to the phone it is just the cell signal that is intermittent. Thanks for the reply. I am at a loss.
    02-22-24 12:57 PM
    I am not sure how to check the SIM card. I did take the tray out when I installed the new battery. I do not remove the tray often at all. Yes, when it is not working it just says there is no service. The phone sees the SIM card. It does not say, "no SIM detected". I was afraid that would be my next step. Thanks for the reply.
    02-22-24 12:59 PM
    I am on T-Mobile. I know T-Mobile rents towers from AT&T, but it just feels like the problem is more than an outage. Besides, I am the only person in my family that is experiencing this issue and we are all on the same plan. They have iPhones though is the only difference.
    02-22-24 01:04 PM
    Even still now, 10:55 am Eastern time February 22nd, there are widespread cell phone disruptions going on in the Lower 48 States of the US. AT&T seems to be hit much worse than the others.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...hone-outage-us
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/22/tech/...age/index.html
    Well with a KEY2, he isn't on AT&T. But did hear reports of it being an issue with other US Carrier's yesterday... how much of that was a carrier signal issue vs they can't connect users on their network to users on AT&T??
    02-22-24 01:35 PM
    Well with a KEY2, he isn't on AT&T. But did hear reports of it being an issue with other US Carrier's yesterday... how much of that was a carrier signal issue vs they can't connect users on their network to users on AT&T??
    I don't have time this minute to post links but reading about this matter earlier today showed many people blaming it all on sun spots.
    02-22-24 01:42 PM
    UPDATE: So, I figured out the white antenna (signal antenna) was not properly connected. I took the back off the phone once again and I pushed the wire back onto the connector. I have had service since and the phone is working fine. I am hoping there are no more issues, as I honestly could not tell if the wire was simply not snapped into the connector or if the connector had broken off the motherboard. Either way, it is working for now, but I assume if the connector is broken off the board, then it will stop working soon. Thanks for the help everyone!
    02-24-24 01:37 PM