If I am reading some of the posts on here right,about the 3g being gone,it means my intermittent loss of connectivity on AT&T is going to become a permanent loss?
    03-05-21 05:18 PM
    If I am reading some of the posts on here right,about the 3g being gone,it means my intermittent loss of connectivity on AT&T is going to become a permanent loss?
    Eventually, yes.....
    03-05-21 05:31 PM
    so will any of our blackberry phones be able to work?
    03-06-21 10:31 AM
    so will any of our blackberry phones be able to work?

The only VoLTE officially supported BlackBerry devices are the AT&T sold and supported carrier locked PRIV and KEYone which are six (6) and four (4) years old respectfully. Both are only 3/32 devices with the PRIV on Android Marshmallow and the KEYone on Android Oreo so I wouldn't consider those limitations as solutions.
    03-06-21 11:19 AM
    The only VoLTE officially supported BlackBerry devices are the AT&T sold and supported carrier locked PRIV and KEYone which are six (6) and four (4) years old respectfully. Both are only 3/32 devices with the PRIV on Android Marshmallow and the KEYone on Android Oreo so I wouldn't consider those limitations as solutions.
    Yeah after doing more research that is what I found out too! It has to be a AT&T branded phone not the unlocked versions! Makes me mad because there's a lot of good phones out there going to become paper weights! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
    03-06-21 03:49 PM
    For general information, I have VoLTE with Bell Canada for my KEY2. Believe other Canadian major carriers also provide VoLTE?
    03-07-21 05:34 PM
    Yeah after doing more research that is what I found out too! It has to be a AT&T branded phone not the unlocked versions! Makes me mad because there's a lot of good phones out there going to become paper weights!
    Time to move on...

...from AT&T!
    03-08-21 06:32 AM
    Time to move on...

...from AT&T!
    I'm finding mixed results from a couple of different factory unlocked phones on both carriers. I'm not sure there's anything conclusive across USA right now.

The factory unlocked device support variables seem to be affected by:

1) T-Mobile/Sprint merger and BYOD policies of that merger regarding various Enhanced Calling Features and Network Prioritization internal rules and external regulations.

2) Specific OEM and further specific device model regarding sales volume or something likewise.
    03-08-21 07:35 AM
    I'm finding mixed results from a couple of different factory unlocked phones on both carriers. I'm not sure there's anything conclusive across USA right now.

The factory unlocked device support variables seem to be affected by:

1) T-Mobile/Sprint merger and BYOD policies of that merger regarding various Enhanced Calling Features and Network Prioritization internal rules and external regulations.

2) Specific OEM and further specific device model regarding sales volume or something likewise.
    You should try out T-Mobile on a post paid, unlimited data for a month or two with your unlocked devices rather than the lessor prepaid option. Not really comparing oranges to oranges (that's for you there in FL) if your comparing AT&T post paid account with T-Mobile prepaid. There is no contract so give it a go and see what you find. Then load up DIGITS on all those on WiFi only and enjoy pretty much everything from SIM'd device @ your house or any secure WiFi location. You would also have WiFi calling native on your unlocked BE like moi.

I even have WiFi calling on my Classic, Passport and Z10 (that was formerly AT&T device- last one from ole Big Blue for me) from T-Mo.
    03-08-21 11:38 AM
    You should try out T-Mobile on a post paid, unlimited data for a month or two with your unlocked devices rather than the lessor prepaid option. Not really comparing oranges to oranges (that's for you there in FL) if your comparing AT&T post paid account with T-Mobile prepaid. There is no contract so give it a go and see what you find. Then load up DIGITS on all those on WiFi only and enjoy pretty much everything from SIM'd device @ your house or any secure WiFi location. You would also have WiFi calling native on your unlocked BE like moi.

I even have WiFi calling on my Classic, Passport and Z10 (that was formerly AT&T device- last one from ole Big Blue for me) from T-Mo.
    LOL - postpaid test was the original plan but TMO service issues alone on two lines has discouraged that. In the neighborhood I live now, there's no band 66 coverage. The savings isn't there for me since I'm on a 15GB AT&T shared plan that is now 45GB for the same price. We're only using 30-40 GB monthly and some customer account status I have allows overages to be comped to meet usage. I'll get bumped to 60GB at 15GB original price if necessary. Since only 4GLTE plan, they're watching my lines to avoid losing me.
    03-08-21 01:41 PM
    LOL - postpaid test was the original plan but TMO service issues alone on two lines has discouraged that. In the neighborhood I live now, there's no band 66 coverage. The savings isn't there for me since I'm on a 15GB AT&T shared plan that is now 45GB for the same price. We're only using 30-40 GB monthly and some customer account status I have allows overages to be comped to meet usage. I'll get bumped to 60GB at 15GB original price if necessary. Since only 4GLTE plan, they're watching my lines to avoid losing me.
    I am confused Chuck so swilling some OJ. Have you tried postpaid T-Mobile or only prepaid? What service issues did you have on the prepaid that prevented trying postpaid? (Honestly I have never had one issue on T-Mobile in the past 5 plus years. Store employees have been great and billing seamless and straightforward)

I was not aware mobile plans were tier level based on 4GLTE or 5G? I don't recall any differences between S9 (former slab) BE KeyOne and A71 5G under my T-Mobile unlimited plan. No changes in rate or anything.
    03-08-21 01:58 PM
    I am confused Chuck so swilling some OJ. Have you tried postpaid T-Mobile or only prepaid? What service issues did you have on the prepaid that prevented trying postpaid? (Honestly I have never had one issue on T-Mobile in the past 5 plus years. Store employees have been great and billing seamless and straightforward)

I was not aware mobile plans were tier level based on 4GLTE or 5G? I don't recall any differences between S9 (former slab) BE KeyOne and A71 5G under my T-Mobile unlimited plan. No changes in rate or anything.
    The old TMO billing system locked my access when a rep tried forcing a postpaid account plan on me. My original TMO prepaid line was from 2015 when I bought a factory unlocked Z30 and found it missing all of the AT&T LTE bands in most of not all of Florida then and now. I kept the account until 2019 and T-Mobile store rep tried forcing to postpaid after I refused offer anyway. Until couple of weeks ago, my identity profile was locked for any prepaid account regarding online access. The new billing system upgrade on prepaid side is the only reason I can now access.

It's AT&T that has tiered 4GLTE plans grandfathered that I'm currently enrolled.
    03-08-21 03:09 PM