Bought a Key2 from Seattle's NGP via Newegg. It's a Chinese unit, replete with a U.S. incompatible EU charging cord and Chinese charactered manual. Tried to activate via Mint Mobile, but was told that it's locked. My screen caption says "unlock for all features and data," to boot. It's usable for nothing other than the legislatively mandated ability to make 911 calls.
    The Mint guy said that it is a Chinese phone and should never have been shipped to me. He also stated that Asian market intended phones are locked. NGP says no, that all of their Blackberrys are unlocked, and too bad. Let us know if you get it figured out. All I know is what I'm told and see operationally.
    Any thoughts out there?
    John
    05-05-21 05:24 PM
    Bought a Key2 from Seattle's NGP via Newegg. It's a Chinese unit, replete with a U.S. incompatible EU charging cord and Chinese charactered manual. Tried to activate via Mint Mobile, but was told that it's locked. My screen caption says "unlock for all features and data," to boot. It's usable for nothing other than the legislatively mandated ability to make 911 calls.
    The Mint guy said that it is a Chinese phone and should never have been shipped to me. He also stated that Asian market intended phones are locked. NGP says no, that all of their Blackberrys are unlocked, and too bad. Let us know if you get it figured out. All I know is what I'm told and see operationally.
    Any thoughts out there?
    John
    All KEY² devices are factory-unlocked.

Mint uses LTE bands 2, 4, 12, 66, and 71. Your device only supports the first 3.

With respect to your issue, all Chinese variants have a BlackBerry Mobile account login and password that needs to be entered to bypass anti-theft.
    05-05-21 10:05 PM
    Re the kind reply about Blackberry's Chinese units having a "Mobile account login and password...," any idea how to access? It's essentially impossible to contact Blackberry directly. Any given page routes to a scroll down of FAQs which might or might not address an issue.
    05-06-21 05:42 AM
    Re the kind reply about Blackberry's Chinese units having a "Mobile account login and password...," any idea how to access? It's essentially impossible to contact Blackberry directly. Any given page routes to a scroll down of FAQs which might or might not address an issue.
    BlackBerry has nothing to do with the KEY devices... you need BBMo, who no longer exists. TCL is still offering support... but you bought out of market, so who knows if you'll get support. But it's TCL you have to contact.

Was this phone brand new or used? When you got it, was their a setup and activation phase where you created a BB Mobile Account instead of a Google one?

Might try a Factory Reset....

In the end many MVNO and US Carrier's will block IMEI of devices from other markets....
    05-06-21 07:33 AM
    Any thoughts out there?
    John
    Return for a refund if you still can!!
    05-06-21 10:35 AM