Hi,

Is it possible to use both devices simultaneously sharing the same Blackberry ID and syncing with the same email account (which is Hotmail / oultlook)?

The key2 will be out of the box soon and the plan is to have it on the same credentials as the currently functioning keyone (I can do the initial setup of key2 on a gmail account as I did for the keyone when it was new but my primary account is on Hotmail where all the contacts / calendar entries / notes are syncing to).

Is it ok / safe to do so? will there be any syncing clash or conflict between these devices and the Hotmail server?

For some reason the keyone needs to be in operation for sometime before it can be completely switched off for a handover.

your thoughts and advices will be much appreciated.

Regards
    06-12-20 08:31 AM
    Hi,

Is it possible to use both devices simultaneously sharing the same Blackberry ID and syncing with the same email account (which is Hotmail / oultlook)?

The key2 will be out of the box soon and the plan is to have it on the same credentials as the currently functioning keyone (I can do the initial setup of key2 on a gmail account as I did for the keyone when it was new but my primary account is on Hotmail where all the contacts / calendar entries / notes are syncing to).

Is it ok / safe to do so? will there be any syncing clash or conflict between these devices and the Hotmail server?

For some reason the keyone needs to be in operation for sometime before it can be completely switched off for a handover.

Regards
    BlackBerry Android does not use BBID.

But you can put them both on the same Google account.
    06-12-20 08:51 AM
    Thanks for your quick response, Conite,

"But you can put them both on the same Google account."

And then add the same Hotmail account to the key2 where my keyone presently syncs to?

Will I get back my contacts and calendar entries on the key2 (I mean by sync)? I've checked my Hotmail account thru the PC - all my contacts, calendar records are preserved there and the mobile device setting shows my keyone as the syncing device. I just hope this will be safe.

Worst case, I can copy / transfer contacts and other things thru some app available on play store.
    06-12-20 09:09 AM
    Thanks for your quick response, Conite,

"But you can put them both on the same Google account."

And then add the same Hotmail account to the key2 where my keyone presently syncs to?

Will I get back my contacts and calendar entries on the key2 (I mean by sync)? I've checked my Hotmail account thru the PC - all my contacts, calendar records are preserved there and the mobile device setting shows my keyone as the syncing device. I just hope this will be safe.

Worst case, I can copy / transfer contacts and other things thru some app available on play store.
    Yes you can use it on both... and it will sync the Gmail and the Hotmail accounts.
    06-12-20 09:16 AM
    Hi,

Regards
    You can add email accounts on as many devices you want, and on as many platforms you want.
    06-12-20 09:19 AM
    "Yes you can use it on both... and it will sync the Gmail and the Hotmail accounts."

Thanks Dunt.

I logged in to the forum after a long time. I have been thru the legacy BB10 devices and then the keyone android which I'm presently using. I understand I'm reaching to the end of the blackberry line with the key2 silver edition (apparently , since no new bb device has been announced or likely to come out, unless I'm missing any breaking news). Sort of a bad feeling.
    I took the key2 after a lot of opposition from the near and dear ones - they claimed I could get a better specced phone in the same budget which could well be correct and I'm aware of it to some extent ........ but the "nostalgia" of Blackberries and their PKBs forced me to stay with it for one last time. I believe I won't get any further than this - the blackberry key2. I don't see the key3 coming as speculations were high on this forum. Such a sorry state of affairs and such a shame blackberry discontinued making devices which were second to none. I won't be able to fight / convince my friends & relatives on my next device. It may not be a blackberry.

Regards
    06-12-20 09:33 AM
    "You can add email accounts on as many devices you want, and on as many platforms you want."

Thanks again, Conite.

Just saw your reply while I was posting for Dunt.

As usual many thanks for your quick response.
    06-12-20 09:34 AM
    "Yes you can use it on both... and it will sync the Gmail and the Hotmail accounts."

Thanks Dunt.

I logged in to the forum after a long time. I have been thru the legacy BB10 devices and then the keyone android which I'm presently using. I understand I'm reaching to the end of the blackberry line with the key2 silver edition (apparently , since no new bb device has been announced or likely to come out, unless I'm missing any breaking news). Sort of a bad feeling.
    I took the key2 after a lot of opposition from the near and dear ones - they claimed I could get a better specced phone in the same budget which could well be correct and I'm aware of it to some extent ........ but the "nostalgia" of Blackberries and their PKBs forced me to stay with it for one last time. I believe I won't get any further than this - the blackberry key2. I don't see the key3 coming as speculations were high on this forum. Such a sorry state of affairs and such a shame blackberry discontinued making devices which were second to none. I won't be able to fight / convince my friends & relatives on my next device. It may not be a blackberry.

Regards
    Your friends were right... but in the end if you want a PKB, the KEY2 is the best option out there today.
    06-12-20 10:04 AM
    I do exactly that… Passport Priv Key¹ KEY² Titan all on same accounts…
    06-12-20 11:08 AM