So you're both using KEY2's and you'll both immediately jump to another phone if no KEY3 is announced by fall?

You do know that your KEY2's will (most likely) still function just fine anyway lol
    If the Android Q gestures are close to BB10, then I likely would. K2 is only going to get Pie. Resale value will only get worse the longer I wait.
    07-11-19 10:22 PM
    So you're both using KEY2's and you'll both immediately jump to another phone if no KEY3 is announced by fall?

You do know that your KEY2's will (most likely) still function just fine anyway lol
    Without guaranteed security updates after July 2020, it just won't work for me. If an "Enterprise" 3rd year happens, value goes up. I will sell the K2 while it is still worth something to off-set the new purchase. I do everything on my phone including banking. So it is a non starter with a phone that will be nearing EOL. Just the way it is.

PS - I am not looking forward to tapping on glass, been there, done that! However, no K3 announcement by Sept/Oct will leave me no choice.
    I'm sure this is not difficult to understand, is it?
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-11-19 at 10:42 PM.
    07-11-19 10:24 PM
    K2 is only going to get Pie.
    Doubtful IMO
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-11-19 10:30 PM
    Doubtful IMO
    Agreed! I just find it funny that the "Most secure Device on the planet" , self promoted of course. And we have members that are now touting that a near EOL device is going to be secure enough for some time to come! It's totally laughable! These are the times we live in! Unreal!
    07-11-19 10:36 PM
    Without guaranteed security updates after July 2020, it just won't work for me. If an "Enterprise" 3rd year happens, value goes up. I will sell the K2 while it is still worth something to off-set the new purchase. I do everything on my phone including banking. So it is a non starter with a phone that will be nearing EOL. Just the way it is.

PS - I am not looking forward to tapping on glass, been there, done that! However, no K3 announcement by Sept/Oct will leave me no choice.
    I'm sure this is not difficult to understand, is it?
    I don't understand how if you hate typing on glass, you're still gonna do it because of the value loss in an nearing-EOL device??

Just use what you enjoy and don't overthink it!!
    07-11-19 10:49 PM
    I don't understand how if you hate typing on glass, you're still gonna do it because of the value loss in an nearing-EOL device??

Just use what you enjoy and don't overthink it!!
    Hahaha, no over thinking at all. Just sound economic sense. I am a BlackBerry enthusiast but not a shill or fanboy. I see things the way they are presented, not imagined. You must agree that if there is no factual and verifiable buzz for a K3 by Sept/Oct, then it's over! You must at least acknowledge what is self evident? No? I have always found you to be an enthusiast and not a fanboy. Please don't prove me wrong, or do.
    07-11-19 11:02 PM
    Hahaha, no over thinking at all. Just sound economic sense. I am a BlackBerry enthusiast but not a shill or fanboy. I see things the way they are presented, not imagined. You must agree that if there is no factual and verifiable buzz for a K3 by Sept/Oct, then it's over! You must at least acknowledge what is self evident? No? I have always found you to be an enthusiast and not a fanboy. Please don't prove me wrong, or do.
    That's your opinion and period. All opinions are valid. Positive or Negative. This is not about "fanboys" or "haters" . Just simple opinions ....but they ARE valid.
    07-12-19 12:11 AM
    That's your opinion and period. All opinions are valid. Positive or Negative. This is not about "fanboys" or "haters" . Just simple opinions ....but they ARE valid.
    I have never discounted a fellow enthusiasts opinion (except one) and respect all, even yours! And yes, it is my opinion! So what exactly do you have to add? Shall we shill together? I find it humorous that you would feel the need to add comment without substance. Do you have any substance to add? Am I incorrect in my speculation of past and current events? If so, why? Please enlighten us! Timeline is incorrect perhaps? Eagerly awaiting your response in order to restore and bolster my affection and enthusiasm for the brand! Cheers,
    07-12-19 12:35 AM
    The absence of a KEY3 announcement by fall won't make my KEY2 not function anymore, and it won't make me enjoy the device less than I do now.

So I would keep using it until the keys fall off, and maybe eventually down the road I would dual carry it full time with some slab like a Pixel or something, until another compelling PKB device appears, from any manufacturer.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    07-12-19 12:55 AM
    The absence of a KEY3 announcement by fall won't make my KEY2 not function anymore, and it won't make me enjoy the device less than I do now.

So I would keep using it until the keys fall off, and maybe eventually down the road I would dual carry it full time with some slab like a Pixel or something, until another compelling PKB device appears, from any manufacturer.
    Ok, that's great! Cheers,
    07-12-19 12:56 AM
    Stay calm.
    Key3 is coming but not very soon.
    07-12-19 12:57 AM
    Stay calm.
    Key3 is coming but not very soon.
    And how do you know that? Any news on Pie for the K2?
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-12-19 01:06 AM
    So I would keep using it until the keys fall of
    The screen, you mean?
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    07-12-19 01:07 AM
    The screen, you mean?
    More likely the space bar; -)
    07-12-19 02:00 AM
    If the Android Q gestures are close to BB10, then I likely would. K2 is only going to get Pie. Resale value will only get worse the longer I wait.
    One can only hope the Q gestures are worth the wait. I run a Nokia 6.1 with Pie and the Pie gestures are clunky at best.

Recent reviews of Q beta version's indicate that 3rd party launchers are having difficulties with rue gestures. This includes Nova. Hopefully this will get sorted before the public launch.
    07-12-19 04:24 AM
    I am still a BlackBerry diehard, K2! However, if no K3 announcement, iPhone's latest Flagship it is! Sad, but true!
    Save the money and get the midtier XR since the battery life and price deals are both amazing..

Of course if no Key3 happens
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    07-12-19 03:43 PM
    Save the money and get the midtier XR since the battery life and price deals are both amazing..

Of course if no Key3 happens
    Yes, good advise. And yes absolutely, only if there is no K3!
    07-12-19 03:53 PM
92 ... 234