I have no issue with the Samsung Software... and I'm three generations behind on hardware.

Did wish I could remove their apps that were duplicate to HUB+... but in the end theirs are pretty solid .
    07-11-19 08:08 AM
    I can get the Samsung to be stock Android? Listening....

Sounds like rooting is nearby...
    There are countless tutorials online. Search "remove Samsung Experience".
    07-11-19 08:14 AM
    10/4
    07-11-19 08:18 AM
    But for the most part it does require rooting... which breaks other things I need. And seems to be lots of issues with doing this for my varriant.

There are a few apps that can be disabled without root, but not the apps that HUB+ duplicates. Nor the overall UI. Can, like any Android install another Launcher so it looks none Samsung.
    07-11-19 08:31 AM
    This thread (along with many, many more on CB) is a downer!

I just found out that the KEY2 Red Edition that I bought in APRIL is FINALLY shipping at the end of July! Which means I will soon be unboxing a shiny, new BlackBerry!

Also means that there's a new batch of units (BBF100-6) coming out so someone must still be feeding that hamster powering the manufacturing line!
    bb9900user2018 and RWIndiana like this.
    07-11-19 08:59 AM

I just found out that the KEY2 Red Edition that I bought in APRIL is FINALLY shipping at the end of July! Which means I will soon be unboxing a shiny, new BlackBerry!

Also means that there's a new batch of units (BBF100-6) coming out so someone must still be feeding that hamster powering the manufacturing line!
    Where did you find that out?

Would be awesome if new (and improved) batches are still going to come out to NA eventually
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-11-19 09:35 AM

Verizon's also showing their KEY2 LE's as on back order... so they to are expecting a new shipment.

As far as I know the Red Edition BBF100-6 (International) hasn't "run out" - is strange you ordered that in April and it's took this long. What country are you in?
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-11-19 at 10:31 AM.
    07-11-19 09:48 AM
    Is there some probability that all USA inventory of Key2 and Key2 LE has been tightened almost to zero to push sales to VZW since most non-VZW prospects have already purchased something BBMo or not by now? Almost like an VZW exclusivity deal on the back end.
    07-11-19 01:38 PM
    Is there some probability that all USA inventory of Key2 and Key2 LE has been tightened almost to zero to push sales to VZW since most non-VZW prospects have already purchased something BBMo or not by now? Almost like an VZW exclusivity deal on the back end.
    Only VZW doesn't seem to have stock either now, based on a couple of accounts here. It's a month backorder....
    the_boon likes this.
    07-11-19 01:47 PM
    Only VZW doesn't seem to have stock either now, based on a couple of accounts here. It's a month backorder....
    Correct, but did that happen in part to sales being pushed their direction along with six month wait from announcement?
    07-11-19 01:53 PM
    Why doesn't Verizon just sell the damn thing to consumers also?

I kind of doubt BBMo will halt the entire US supply of KEY2 and LE just so VZW can sell the Slate LE to businesses only lol
    John Albert likes this.
    07-11-19 02:11 PM
    Correct, but did that happen in part to sales being pushed their direction along with six month wait from announcement?
    I'd think BBMo would be better off selling them unlocked to for use on all three networks and any consumers or small business, than hidden within the VZW Corporate sale.

But too be honest about it... I really don't have a clue what BBMo, VZW or BlackBerry Ltd. is going right now with BlackBerry smartphones. Well actually there are a lot of clues....
    the_boon likes this.
    07-11-19 02:14 PM
    I wonder just how horrible new device sales from Samsung, Apple, Pixel, etc will be this year in NA. For most users (Not us forum folk) there is little if any reason to upgrade. The only reason I upgraded my very good S7 to S9 was because I paid 200 cash from a BOGO buyer for my S7 a year or so prior and Samsung offered me 360 to trade it in. If you take out BOGO or trade in offers from NA carriers the market for new cellular smart phones would be but a fraction of present sales. This is a testament to the hardware and software. It's been that good. BlackBerry PKB being a niche market I think it is good outside the box thinking to go to a 2 year cycle. I bought a March 18 release date BE KeyOne this January '19. Excellent device overall and will work perfectly fine for several years to come. Of course not beneficial for hardware sales but with the market as is its not beneficial for anyone outside of Apple and Samsung. And most upgrading users are NOT paying full price for one of their devices that do the same thing as their devices 2-3 generations back.
    07-11-19 03:03 PM
    I wonder just how horrible new device sales from Samsung, Apple, Pixel, etc will be this year in NA. For most users (Not us forum folk) there is little if any reason to upgrade. The only reason I upgraded my very good S7 to S9 was because I paid 200 cash from a BOGO buyer for my S7 a year or so prior and Samsung offered me 360 to trade it in. If you take out BOGO or trade in offers from NA carriers the market for new cellular smart phones would be but a fraction of present sales. This is a testament to the hardware and software. It's been that good. BlackBerry PKB being a niche market I think it is good outside the box thinking to go to a 2 year cycle. I bought a March 18 release date BE KeyOne this January '19. Excellent device overall and will work perfectly fine for several years to come. Of course not beneficial for hardware sales but with the market as is its not beneficial for anyone outside of Apple and Samsung. And most upgrading users are NOT paying full price for one of their devices that do the same thing as their devices 2-3 generations back.
    No doubt that globally smartphone sales are down...

I know a number of people looking to upgrade their iPhone 6 or 7 this fall.
    07-11-19 03:19 PM
    Me too. If there is no buzz regarding a K3 by October, iOS here I come.
    07-11-19 05:11 PM
    I may go Pixel 4 just for the new BB10 like gestures if I don't hear anything about K3 or Android Q OS update.
    Last edited by pgg101; 07-11-19 at 07:30 PM.
    07-11-19 05:29 PM
    Verizon's also showing their KEY2 LE's as on back order... so they to are expecting a new shipment.

As far as I know the Red Edition BBF100-6 (International) hasn't "run out" - is strange you ordered that in April and it's took this long. What country are you in?
    I'm in Canada but can't live without the dual SIM so have been getting all the BBMo international variants (except for the KEY2 LE Atomic Red which was dual SIM for NoAM - wish that was the norm).

I purchased from PDA Plaza who import them into Canada on demand. The device was supposed to come in May but they told me BBMo had "inventory issues" . They've since said that they'll start receiving their orders at the end of July.
    07-11-19 05:40 PM
    Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...m_source=share
    07-11-19 06:19 PM
    Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...m_source=share
    What is going on??? It gets more bizarre by the Day in BlackBerry land!
    RK_BB and the_boon like this.
    07-11-19 07:22 PM
    What is going on??? It gets more bizarre by the Day in BlackBerry land!
    Hey, why does China get all the new batches!?
    07-11-19 09:13 PM
    Hey, why does China get all the new batches!?
    Right!?! WTFudge!
    the_boon likes this.
    07-11-19 09:15 PM
    Me too. If there is no buzz regarding a K3 by October, iOS here I come.
    I may go Pixel 4 just for the new BB10 like gestures if I don't hear anything about K3 or Android Q OS update.

What are you using now?
    07-11-19 09:18 PM
    What are you using now?
    I am still a BlackBerry diehard, K2! However, if no K3 announcement, iPhone's latest Flagship it is! Sad, but true!
    07-11-19 09:27 PM
    What are you using now?
    K2
    07-11-19 09:40 PM
    I am still a BlackBerry diehard, K2! However, if no K3 announcement, iPhone's latest Flagship it is! Sad, but true!
    K2
    So you're both using KEY2's and you'll both immediately jump to another phone if no KEY3 is announced by fall?

You do know that your KEY2's will (most likely) still function just fine anyway lol
    07-11-19 10:18 PM
92 1234