Has Blackberry Mobile released sales numbers for the Blackberry Key 2 and/or Key2 LE? If sales show substantial growth since the KeyOne and Motion, it would likely provide rationale for continued investment and by extension, a Key3 or other Blackberry Android device.
    07-09-19 06:30 PM
    07-09-19 10:31 PM
    NO and they never will! Just the way it is in the modern era of our beloved BlackBerry's!
    elfabio80, RK_BB and Byrese like this.
    07-09-19 10:42 PM
    NO and they never will! Just the way it is in the modern era of our beloved BlackBerry's!
    Who actually does release sales numbers?
    07-09-19 11:58 PM
    Who actually does release sales numbers?
    Now a days? NOBODY! Well, except the big boys, which we use to be! Sadness and lament,
    07-10-19 12:03 AM
    Now a days? NOBODY! Well, except the big boys, which we use to be! Sadness and lament,
    Apple no longer does. Are they a "big boy"?
    07-10-19 12:58 AM
    Apple stopped releasing numbers when they would have had to report their first major decline in sales. As if the world can't figure out what is going on.
    07-10-19 02:44 AM
    Has Blackberry Mobile released sales numbers for the Blackberry Key 2 and/or Key2 LE? If sales show substantial growth since the KeyOne and Motion, it would likely provide rationale for continued investment and by extension, a Key3 or other Blackberry Android device.
    If there was substantial growth...

Do you think they'd have taken 2019 off?
    Do you think they'd basically start running out of something to sell (at least in the US) with no new product even on the horizon?
    Do you think we'd still be wondering if PIE was even coming?

I don't think the program in place is viable for BlackBerry, nor for TCL. Hopefully they can streamline things so that "something" can still be offered. But I think the current Android Secure and BBMo are history.
    07-10-19 08:09 AM
    Apple no longer does. Are they a "big boy"?
    2018 sales. What am I missing?

https://fortune.com › 2019/02/21

Web results

Apple iPhone Sales Declined Significantly in 2018: Gartner | Fortune

Feb. 21, 2019 · During the fourth quarter of 2018, global iPhone sales hit 64.5 million units, earning Apple 15.8% market share during the period. That was down from 73.2 million unit sales and 17.9% market share during the fourth quarter of 2017, according to Gartner. Apple’s drop was the ...
    07-10-19 10:03 AM
    2018 sales. What am I missing?

https://fortune.com › 2019/02/21

Web results

Apple iPhone Sales Declined Significantly in 2018: Gartner | Fortune

Feb. 21, 2019 · During the fourth quarter of 2018, global iPhone sales hit 64.5 million units, earning Apple 15.8% market share during the period. That was down from 73.2 million unit sales and 17.9% market share during the fourth quarter of 2017, according to Gartner. Apple’s drop was the ...
    Unit sales are analyst conjecture.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-10-19 10:42 AM
    Have not seen any analyst conjecture to this detailed depth for our BlackBerry's. Does Apple not post earnings per division (including EBITDA) per quarter for public and shareholder consumption?
    07-10-19 11:00 AM
    Have not seen any analyst conjecture to this detailed depth for our BlackBerry's. Does Apple not post earnings per division (including EBITDA) per quarter for public and shareholder consumption?
    BBMo isn't publicly traded and I doubt there's much transparency with it's parent company TCT or it's parent company TCL regarding sales breakdown especially to brand level.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-10-19 11:18 AM
    Apple doesn't break things out enough to know what "products" are dong what. http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net...c78e3944e9.pdf

BBMo is a tiny division of a unlisted sub-company of TCL, who lives by Chinese reporting laws... Few of the people that worked at BlackBerry or BBMo when they launched the KEY2 are still there, so even finding someone to talk with that might have that info would be tough at this point. Digging into to component suppliers, like for the display might lead you somewhere... But at what cost and why do it?
    07-10-19 11:38 AM
    BBMo isn't publicly traded and I doubt there's much transparency with it's parent company TCT or it's parent company TCL regarding sales breakdown especially to brand level.
    I'm not even sure BBMo is even a division anymore... several of the US people have left. And just learned that Alain Lejeune who President of BlackBerry Mobile Division and had been with TCL Communications forever (started with Alcatel back in 1999 and came to TCL back in 2004) ... left last month.

I'm sure someone will say that happens all the time... but usually there are replacements. And if you look at all the people that have left BlackBerry's Mobility Division and TCL BBMo Division... it's seems to be happening a lot within this group and none of them have been replaced.

If there is another MWC BlackBerry Event or KEY3 launch... it will be a brand new group.
    Vistaus, John Albert and skilas like this.
    07-10-19 11:47 AM
    I'm not even sure BBMo is even a division anymore... several of the US people have left. And just learned that Alain Lejeune who President of BlackBerry Mobile Division and had been with TCL Communications forever (started with Alcatel back in 1999 and came to TCL back in 2004) ... left last month.
    That's... a lot of people leaving lol
    Vistaus and joshualebowitz like this.
    07-10-19 11:50 AM
    Apple doesn't break things out enough to know what "products" are dong what. http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net...c78e3944e9.pdf

BBMo is a tiny division of a unlisted sub-company of TCL, who lives by Chinese reporting laws... Few of the people that worked at BlackBerry or BBMo when they launched the KEY2 are still there, so even finding someone to talk with that might have that info would be tough at this point. Digging into to component suppliers, like for the display might lead you somewhere... But at what cost and why do it?
    Agreed. An inconvenient truth, but a truth none the less.
    07-10-19 11:51 AM

I'm sure someone will say that happens all the time... but usually there are replacements. And if you look at all the people that have left BlackBerry's Mobility Division and TCL BBMo Division... it's seems to be happening a lot within this group and none of them have been replaced.

If there is another MWC BlackBerry Event or KEY3 launch... it will be a brand new group.
    Wow good information... Thanks
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    07-10-19 01:07 PM
    But at what cost and why do it?
    Sanity..insanity.
    07-10-19 01:22 PM
    Sanity..insanity.
    Speaking of people that ought to know higher ups in BBMo..... you and Kevin still got some active contacts from all your meet and greets?

I know that can't say what's going on or coming up.... but just knowing there are still some executives or managers working for BBMo (and not TCL/Alcatel at this point).
    07-10-19 02:16 PM
    Speaking of people that ought to know higher ups in BBMo..... you and Kevin still got some active contacts from all your meet and greets?
    Lots of folks still active. Not as many as before but that's already been well established. Some moved on, some got shifted to different parts of TCL/Alcatel/Palm, etc.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Bbnivende like this.
    07-10-19 02:55 PM
    Lots of folks still active. Not as many as before but that's already been well established. Some moved on, some got shifted to different parts of TCL/Alcatel/Palm, etc.
    Ah....how fondly I remember the days of Kevin having interviews with Thor and others. Seemed like CB had a real connection to the inside and things could be shared and discussed.

Now we all sit inside the forums like children wondering if Santa will ever come again...
    07-10-19 03:41 PM
    Ah....how fondly I remember the days of Kevin having interviews with Thor and others. Seemed like CB had a real connection to the inside and things could be shared and discussed.

Now we all sit inside the forums like children wondering if Santa will ever come again...
    Ha! I've officially been around long to remember when BlackBerry hated us and wanted nothing to do with us. Most folks forget those days.
    07-10-19 03:57 PM
    Ha! I've officially been around long to remember when BlackBerry hated us and wanted nothing to do with us. Most folks forget those days.
    True. But, they changed their ways once market share began eroding and they realized the CB community were their actual customers. Then, they couldn't wait to tell anyone who would listen what they were working on. Especially around BB10 time....
    Bla1ze and John Albert like this.
    07-10-19 04:02 PM
    I would be very surprised if we see another blackberry released seems like an era is coming to an end!! RIP Blackberry.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-10-19 04:08 PM
    True. But, they changed their ways once market share began eroding and they realized the CB community were their actual customers. Then, they couldn't wait to tell anyone who would listen what they were working on. Especially around BB10 time....
    By then it didn’t matter anymore...
    07-10-19 04:09 PM
92 123 ...