So here's the thing. My Keyone screen fell out - got replaced. Second one fell out - got repaired. Falling out again. The timing of the screen coming off THIS time has also coincided with the battery life DYING....down to 50% after an hour....and it having the worst lagging possible. Was a little spooky as the timing also coincided more or less with the launch of the new Key2 variants! Bad batter and lagging is NOT good for me as the phone is my business phone as well as personal phone and it's the way my clients reach me. It is literally falling apart in every way - time lag, battery, phone not ringing - so it has to be kicked to the curb. I'm stuck between whether to go Key2 or Key2 LE.

What's crucial for me is:

Great speed
    Great battery life
    Great keyboard

I don't use heaps of apps but the apps I do use (probably 5 or 6) are crucial for my work so need to be responsive! My calendar on my phone is also how I organize my life!

A dual sim would be perfect (for when I travel outside the US to visit family) but I can live without it.

I've never been keen on the weight of the KEyone as I have arthritis and find it a pain weight-wise.

I'm not happy to invest a heap in the Key2 if it's only going to fall apart like the Keyone after a year of use when I don't abuse my phones, but if it's a better machine then I might go for it. Also - I'm concerned if the Key 2 LE is cutting corners in order to get to a lower price point.

Have any of you tried both of them and, given my circumstances - what would you recommend?
    Put simply - if you recommend a non PKB phone I may as well commit harakiri now as I am PKB all the way.........
    10-08-18 09:09 PM
    So here's the thing. My Keyone screen fell out - got replaced. Second one fell out - got repaired. Falling out again. The timing of the screen coming off THIS time has also coincided with the battery life DYING....down to 50% after an hour....and it having the worst lagging possible. Was a little spooky as the timing also coincided more or less with the launch of the new Key2 variants! Bad batter and lagging is NOT good for me as the phone is my business phone as well as personal phone and it's the way my clients reach me. It is literally falling apart in every way - time lag, battery, phone not ringing - so it has to be kicked to the curb. I'm stuck between whether to go Key2 or Key2 LE.

Great speed
    Great battery life
    Great keyboard

I don't use heaps of apps but the apps I do use (probably 5 or 6) are crucial for my work so need to be responsive! My calendar on my phone is also how I organize my life!

A dual sim would be perfect (for when I travel outside the US to visit family) but I can live without it.

I've never been keen on the weight of the KEyone as I have arthritis and find it a pain weight-wise.

I'm not happy to invest a heap in the Key2 if it's only going to fall apart like the Keyone after a year of use when I don't abuse my phones, but if it's a better machine then I might go for it. Also - I'm concerned if the Key 2 LE is cutting corners in order to get to a lower price point.

Have any of you tried both of them and, given my circumstances - what would you recommend?
    Put simply - if you recommend a non PKB phone I may as well commit harakiri now as I am PKB all the way.........
    Yes
    10-08-18 10:26 PM

Great speed
    Great battery life
    Great keyboard

Yes
    10-08-18 10:26 PM
    I'm also experiencing some lag on my KeyOne, however I have 225+ apps installed. I am using the BE variant with 4/64, so that helps LOTS. I couldn't live with the base KeyOne. I'll be getting the Dual-SIM 128gb edition and hoping that this time around both SIM's will with on T-Mobile with both the VoLTE & WiFi Calling features enabled. the LE won't cut it for me as to the low-end specs.
    10-08-18 10:33 PM
    If you want a PKB then you're better with KEY². The LE variant will be more or less like KeyOne, except for a little better performance.
    The keyboard will not have gestures, so if you're used to it then you know what you want.

As for non-PKB devices, it all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay. There are options like One Plus if you want great performance with lesser price or bite the bullet and get Samsung flagship. You will be OK to even get last year's S8 or Note 8
    10-08-18 11:08 PM
    Ok,

Keyboard wise, if you can live without the capacitive keyboard functions like scrolling and swiping to autocomplete, go for the LE.
    The LE's keys are basically the same shape as the KEYone but 10% bigger (and 10% smaller than KEY2) and with a matte finish and the speed key.
    So it's a nice mix of the KEYone/2 in that regards.

Battery wise, it does have 500mAh less than the KEY2, but compensates a bit by having a more efficient processor. Let's say the KEY2 has around a 13%-15% advantage. Your mileage will obviously vary.

The LE (156g) is a whopping 24g lighter than the KEYone (180g), and the KEY2 is right in between them at 168g.
    If you love light phones, the LE wins this round.

Hope this helps
    asiayeah and mdbd like this.
    10-09-18 03:51 AM

Great speed
    Great battery life
    Great keyboard

If you can afford it, go for the KEY²
    It has a much better processor and more RAM - more speed
    It has a larger battery - better battery life
    It has a bigger keyboard and capacitative functions - better keyboard experience.
    mdbd likes this.
    10-09-18 04:06 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    10-10-18 08:04 AM