I'm leaning towards the key2 unfortunately the only one I can actually see before buying is the le because that's the only one that best buy has in store.. I like everything about the phone but I want the camera to be somewhat decent..ive had a bunch of different phones a lot of blackberries, apple, and samsungs (lol sounds like a fruit basket) ..

the thing is from what I am seeing in the pictures of comparisons between the key 2 and le is that that keys are just shifted upwards rather than actually bigger (unlike what other ppl are saying)..as in if you notice where the key row starts its a little higher on the key2 and that almost might be because there is a bigger gap between the letter rows instead of those frets.

So MWC 2019 is at the end of the month..do you guys think that a key 3 will be announced.. I mean we did get a key one then a key2 the following year which means they are releasing phones yearly now again rather than the really long wait times we used to have to wait when TCL wasn't making the phones...also the price has decreased a little bit since release now down to 579.99 instead of the 650. Thanks for all the replies.
    02-16-19 10:53 AM
    of course get the k2 why settle?
    02-16-19 10:55 AM
    I'm leaning towards the key2 unfortunately the only one I can actually see before buying is the le because that's the only one that best buy has in store.. I like everything about the phone but I want the camera to be somewhat decent..ive had a bunch of different phones a lot of blackberries, apple, and samsungs (lol sounds like a fruit basket) ..

the thing is from what I am seeing in the pictures of comparisons between the key 2 and le is that that keys are just shifted upwards rather than actually bigger (unlike what other ppl are saying)..as in if you notice where the key row starts its a little higher on the key2 and that almost might be because there is a bigger gap between the letter rows instead of those frets.

So MWC 2019 is at the end of the month..do you guys think that a key 3 will be announced.. I mean we did get a key one then a key2 the following year which means they are releasing phones yearly now again rather than the really long wait times we used to have to wait when TCL wasn't making the phones...also the price has decreased a little bit since release now down to 579.99 instead of the 650. Thanks for all the replies.
    Have you decided yet? I chose the key2. Of course width the currently yet to be solved imperfection of the PKB (sensitivity and swiping - see other threads on that subject) I can understand you have some doubts.

in general I think they used better materials to produce the key2. If that's not important to you and you don't use your PKB to scroll or swipe there is not enough difference IMHO for the price difference.

The LE also works fine. It's a bit of a money dilemma more than anything else. If you can spare the extra cash go for the key2.
    02-23-19 07:18 AM

Compared to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, the KEY² LE keyboard has 10% larger keys, and the KEY² has 20% larger keys.

The extra 2GB of ram and the faster processor in the KEY² will help with future-proofing.

That said, the LE is still a great device. You can't really go wrong.
    02-23-19 09:03 AM
    I ended up trying both the LE in store and the key 2 I bought from amazon and tried it out. Ultimately I decided to return the device. To be honest if you need a physical keyboard definitely go with they key2 not neccesarily because of the build materials etc...but the keyboard is so much better as that little 10-20% size increase as well as the spacing makes a lot of difference in typing if you have big hands. In regards to the weight, the device is light either one you go with will be great. Camera..is a different story. I kind of ignored all the reviews and went ahead and got it so that I can see for myself. The camera is fine in really good lighting conditions. I am not the type that downloads the pictures onto my computer screen and zooms in 1000% percent to see if its blurry or not. But in low light condition and I mean not even low light more like less than a LOT of light conditions it becomes more difficult to take a picture. The selfie camera was odd...so when you use the selfie camera before taking the picture the picture the camera looks great on the screen but its like when you press the button to take the picture the processing of the picture will always make it blurry as a front facing camera. I have no idea why this is the case...if it's a software issue they should address it.

Next...the keyboard I did get a wobbly space bar which is not as a big deal as everyone is making it out to be but it was there.

The screen size is fine I don't think it was small I mean even with watching youtube videos etc its not a big deal and the loud speaker is great. Obviously battery life is excellent.

In the end. I returned the device because it feels like a $400 device and to be honest if you wait a bit and go on ebay for example you can randomly find a $400 key 2 on sale. I know I know a lot of ppl are going to say they think they key 2 Is a productivity device etc.. but honestly its just an android with a physical keyboard..i wanted something different and unique.

If you're buying a new device now I would not buy this for 550+ right now...a lot of new technology is coming this year as shown by Samsung recent s10s and foldable devices etc..a lot of companies are making foldable devices and with these foldable devices will come bigger keyboards...imagine blackberry made a foldable device ...Im on an iPhone now but may switch to s10+ because of they incredible deal they are doing right now or wait to see what the one plus 7 is like..or I may just stay with my 8 plus as really that's all I need . Thanks for reading my long post..let me know If you have any questions
    02-23-19 09:56 AM
    I know I know a lot of ppl are going to say they think they key 2 Is a productivity device etc.. but honestly its just an android with a physical keyboard..i wanted something different and unique.
    To be fair, that's what makes it a productivity device - the 52 keyboard shortcuts.

Once you get set up and used to them, it is amazing how much faster things can get done.
    02-23-19 10:03 AM
    I'm waiting for MWC. if nothing is announced I'll get the LE and wait for KEY3
    02-23-19 05:12 PM
    I'm waiting for MWC. if nothing is announced I'll get the LE and wait for KEY3
    Pretty obvious now it will be the red Key2.
    02-23-19 05:56 PM