Coming from a KEYone I quickly noticed that it started to slow down (lag) to the point it became frustrating. Even with a clean install, it just didn't have the speed it did when it was new.

Moving to a KEY2, I was a little concerned that the same thing would happen, but it hasn't. The KEY2 is just as quick as the day I got it.

Not sure if it's the better processor or the 6GB of RAM, or both, but the KEY2 has held up since launch day and continues to impress in all performance areas.

I think the KEY2 struck the perfect balance of hardware and software and I am impressed.
    Last edited by Matt J; 01-19-19 at 07:21 AM.
    01-19-19 06:05 AM
    Agree, no performance issues at all with key2

Blackberry KEY² Black Edition
    01-19-19 07:05 AM
    My opinion is slow cpu + little RAM. The apps are getting constantly updated and use much more resources as they used to. 3GB seems to be not sufficient.
    As a good example, Facebook app used to have 2MB in 2010, now it's over 60MB.
    01-19-19 07:14 AM
    My opinion is slow cpu + little RAM. The apps are getting constantly updated and use much more resources as they used to. 3GB seems to be not sufficient.
    I assume you are referring to the Keyone SE?
    01-19-19 07:53 AM
    That's been my argument all along yet some here (one in particular) is staunchly opposed to the idea that it is under specd. I'm sure he will chime in soon lol
    01-19-19 07:57 AM
    it's a bit too soon to judge yet imo. give it a full year...

I'm not surprised though, there are other Android handsets out there which stand the test of time. my Sony Xperia Z2 has been going since 2014 and is still used by my kids with no issues at all.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    01-19-19 08:09 AM
    it's a bit too soon to judge yet imo. give it a full year...
    Well, it didn't take the KEYone a year to slow to a crawl.
    01-19-19 08:24 AM
    That's been my argument all along yet some here (one in particular) is staunchly opposed to the idea that it is under specd. I'm sure he will chime in soon lol
    01-19-19 08:38 AM
    Lmao!
    I was waiting...
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-19-19 at 09:56 AM.
    01-19-19 08:55 AM
    I'm using mine since August. Has been pretty solid.
    KEYone for me performed badly in a few weeks. So in my case I didn't have to wait for a year to call it a weak design.
    Quite happy with Key² performing wise
    01-19-19 10:26 AM
    Mine seems as good now after I have installed a bunch of apps as the day I fired it up out of the box. Not one glitch in performance other then it inserts the odd word when I'm not watching closely.
    And I got back in September

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-19-19 11:11 AM
    What the deuce? What KEY2 has 3 GB of RAM??? I believe you're in the wrong forum, dude!
    01-19-19 12:11 PM
    What the deuce? What KEY2 has 3 GB of RAM??? I believe you're in the wrong forum, dude!
    He's responding to another post regarding the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

I wish people used reply instead of post. Grrr.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-19-19 12:13 PM
    I agree. I have issues with the KEY2, but I have to admit that this is the first Android device I owned (I owned a few in the past and 1 tablet from 2016-2018) where the performance is still top notch after months of using it.
    01-19-19 12:13 PM
    I'm sure it has something to do with android oreo.

Nougat required clearing cache frequently. It isn't an option on oreo and I'm convinced there's some kind of "self cleaning" feature.

Someone can probably explain what I'm blathering about more succinctly
    01-19-19 03:48 PM
    I agree too ! ROCK SOLID
    01-19-19 04:06 PM
    Now that is funny stuff right there!!!
    01-19-19 04:08 PM
    I'm sure it has something to do with android oreo.

Nougat required clearing cache frequently. It isn't an option on oreo and I'm convinced there's some kind of "self cleaning" feature.

Someone can probably explain what I'm blathering about more succinctly
    If cleaning cache on Oreo isn't an option, then why am I frequently clearing app caches? Or are you talking about some other cache?
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-19-19 04:20 PM
    If cleaning cache on Oreo isn't an option, then why am I frequently clearing app caches? Or are you talking about some other cache?
    Actually thinking about it I think u can clean individual app caches on oreo there just isn't an option to clean all apps in one go.

Im sure I read somewhere there's no need to clean the app caches on oreo.
    01-19-19 04:27 PM
    Actually thinking about it I think u can clean individual app caches on oreo there just isn't an option to clean all apps in one go.

Im sure I read somewhere there's no need to clean the app caches on oreo.
    I clean individual app caches (on Oreo) because some apps tend to slow down if their cache is too big, like BlackBerry Gallery, Keyboard Browser, Twitter and Tinder, for example.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-19-19 04:40 PM
    Either I have forgotten to put on my rose coloured glasses or my experience is a little different. I have had my K2 for 7 months now, although much smoother than my K1 SE, it is showing subtle signs. For example, now when I reboot, Google play will keep loading for 3-4 seconds, also, when I open Playstore, the screen flicks each and every time now. So, has something changed, most definitely! Has it changed much less than my K1, most definitely. Is it still snappy, most definitely. Bottom line, all OS's slow down and or get glitchy over time, some degrade faster, some slower.

PS - I also have to clear an app cache manually. That's a fact!
    01-19-19 05:33 PM
    I just find it interesting they did away with the option to clear cache for all apps.

Manually clearing cache for a hundred apps in my case is ridiculous if it's something that's considered necessary to maintain the phone.

I don't think it's necessary to clear cache on oreo. The fact that the phone doesn't slow down over time seems to me to be software related ie android oreo doesn't need maintenance, as android has ALWAYS slowed down over time historically and now it doesn't.

A friend of mine who was notorious for having phones that grind to a halt over time due to lack of maintenance has also marvelled at how his oreo device is still silky smooth a year down the line.

I have tried clearing cache for individual apps manually and there is no perceptible difference
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 01-20-19 at 03:53 AM.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-20-19 01:05 AM
    I just find it interesting they did away with the option to clear cache for all apps.

Manually clearing cache for a hundred apps in my case is ridiculous if it's something that's considered necessary to maintain the phone.

I don't think it's necessary to clear cache on oreo. The fact that the phone doesn't slow down over time seems to me to be a software related ie android oreo doesn't need maintenance, as android has ALWAYS slowed down over time historically and now it doesn't.

A friend of mine who was notorious for having phones that grind to a halt over time due to lack of maintenance has also marvelled at how his oreo device is still silky smooth a year down the line.

I have tried clearing cache for individual apps manually and there is no perceptible difference
    Good point.
    01-20-19 02:28 AM
    I am still a user of a KeyOne and I must say that the major diference is the Oreo update. I have had my K1 since May 2018, and it was starting to get uncomfortably slow after few months. Even to the point when I started to question my choice of phone. But then the Oreo update came and from that point it is something entirety different. I even think that it is faster now (never being cleanly reinstalled) than when I had it new with Nougat. I can feel some small hiccup here and there, but it is very usable and for the most time smooth.

I can see that the K2 with better specs must be awesome to use. If K1 came with Oreo (or the update came much sooner) it would (in my opinion) have been better received phone across the user base.
    01-20-19 03:25 AM
    I am still a user of a KeyOne and I must say that the major diference is the Oreo update. I have had my K1 since May 2018, and it was starting to get uncomfortably slow after few months. Even to the point when I started to question my choice of phone. But then the Oreo update came and from that point it is something entirety different. I even think that it is faster now (never being cleanly reinstalled) than when I had it new with Nougat. I can feel some small hiccup here and there, but it is very usable and for the most time smooth.

I can see that the K2 with better specs must be awesome to use. If K1 came with Oreo (or the update came much sooner) it would (in my opinion) have been better received phone across the user base.
    This backs up what im saying about oreo. Oreo is the reason the phone isnt slowing down

Very little maintenance required
    01-20-19 07:34 AM
32 12