Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just wondering how many of you Key2 enthusiasts are using the Optiemus Indian variant, and still stuck with the Dec-18 security patch (ABN088)!

By using our device, do you think we are at high risk of intrusion and viruses? A shame for a company like Blackberry...
    09-11-19 01:29 PM
    Just wondering how many of you Key2 enthusiasts are using the Optiemus Indian variant, and still stuck with the Dec-18 security patch (ABN088)!

By using our device, do you think we are at high risk of intrusion and viruses? A shame for a company like Blackberry...
    You’re always theoretically at risk. Use common sense, don’t click links and download only reputable apps from official Google store. You should be fine.

It’s a shame that Optiemus didn’t pay it’s bills.
    09-11-19 02:04 PM
    You’re always theoretically at risk. Use common sense, don’t click links and download only reputable apps from official Google store. You should be fine.

Indeed I am being very prudent in using my device: only safe links and apps!

But do you think their is a chance the Indian variant will get any security update in the future? (Or Android Pie if launched at some time...)
    09-11-19 02:16 PM
    Indeed I am very prudent in using my device: only safe links and apps!

But do you think there is a chance the Indian variant will get any security patch update in the future? (or Android Pie if launched at some time...)
    09-11-19 02:18 PM
    look up "Qualpwn" and beware of public Wi-Fi. turn off Wi-Fi radio when you're not using it.
    09-11-19 02:27 PM
    You mean, "couldn't sell enough phones to come anywhere close to breaking even." I'm sure that they are out millions already, and that's before paying their outstanding bill to BB.
    09-11-19 02:29 PM
    You mean, "couldn't sell enough phones to come anywhere close to breaking even." I'm sure that they are out millions already, and that's before paying their outstanding bill to BB.
    I was going for the middle road. It seems mean to say that your phone isn’t updated because only handful of people there bought them....
    09-11-19 02:39 PM
    I have a keyone and allready get a warning my device is not protected at the moment and dtek plead to do an security update. what update ?

Epic failure if your security app DTEK warns you that your device is not secure
    09-11-19 03:38 PM
    I have a keyone and allready get a warning my device is not protected at the moment and dtek plead to do an security update. what update ?

Epic failure if your security app DTEK warns you that your device is not secure
    All you have to do is check for update and clear event then DTEK resets itself. That happens on my BE KEYone and it clears the warning.
    09-11-19 03:41 PM
    I used this to update to April i believe
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Indian variant: how many of you are stuck with Dec-18 security patch? And are we at risk?-capture-_2019-09-11-18-22-18.jpg  
    09-11-19 05:24 PM
    I used this to update to April i believe
    That's great news!

Were you able to update your Key2 without formatting data using this autoloader?

What is you device and hardware version? Mine is BBF100-6, PRD-63828-031.
    09-11-19 11:49 PM
    That's great news!

Were you able to update your Key2 without formatting data using this autoloader?

What is you device and hardware version? Mine is BBF100-6, PRD-63828-031.
    I think I have the same... the optiemus build
    09-12-19 06:44 AM
    Sorry I didn't see the other question...

I did a full wipe autoloader because I just got the phone and didn't have anything to try to save
    09-12-19 08:11 AM
    Sorry I didn't see the other question...

I did a full wipe autoloader because I just got the phone and didn't have anything to try to save
    Ok noted! I will try to autoload without full wipe(if the option is available), hoping it will save and update my device... :S
    09-12-19 08:18 AM
    I was about to buy the BBF100-6 in the UK online via a reputable company.

Now I've read your posts, i'm having second thoughts if no security patches since Dec 2018!

The retailer must be aware of this??
    09-17-19 05:02 AM
    I was about to buy the BBF100-6 in the UK online via a reputable company.

Now I've read your posts, i'm having second thoughts if no security patches since Dec 2018!

The retailer must be aware of this??
    Re-read this thread... I got mine to april
    Yesterday 02:39 PM