I am with my key2 for slightly more than a year. it is great. Like it too.

However, in the month of august 2019, I suddenly felt my key2 going to turn into the condition like my dtek60 1.5 years ago.

Why? I am feeling strong like my key2 is not going to receive any monthly update for awhile... and suddenly it receive a last update after months past.... I am having a strong feeling of this dejavu.... damn it
    09-04-19 11:49 AM
    "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Please tell me you aren't really surprised about this.
    09-04-19 01:54 PM
    "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Please tell me you aren't really surprised about this.
    In the case of @RK_BB, it's more like "fool me seven times..."
    09-04-19 02:44 PM
    In the case of @RK_BB, it's more like "fool me seven times..."
    Can you imagine? 7 x K2....man, what did I fail to understand by the 3rd? Feel free to add 'fool' to my CrackBerry handle....
    Bob80220 likes this.
    09-04-19 04:56 PM
    Feel free to add 'fool' to my CrackBerry handle....
    Don't ask for want you want... FoolRK_BB has a nice ring to it... 🤣

Bob
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-04-19 05:14 PM
    Can you imagine? 7 x K2....man, what did I fail to understand by the 3rd? Feel free to add 'fool' to my CrackBerry handle....
    You need a special kind of therapy that hasn’t been developed yet.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-04-19 05:41 PM
    No but you can change your username to RK_GP3
    Bob80220 and RK_BB like this.
    09-04-19 07:25 PM
    You need a special kind of therapy that hasn’t been developed yet.
    No need! I am self cured and a proud new parent of a Pixel 3 while the problem child (i.e. K2) was sold to a willing and more capable parent than I could ever be....
    TgeekB and Bob80220 like this.
    09-04-19 08:03 PM
    you guys know that nokia models are receiving September 2019 starting from today?
    09-12-19 02:28 AM
    you guys know that nokia models are receiving September 2019 starting from today?
    Here’s an interesting article from Android Central about Nokia and it’s business.

https://www.androidcentral.com/hmd-g...strategy-nokia
    09-12-19 07:13 AM
    Here’s an interesting article from Android Central about Nokia and it’s business.

Going well in Asia where their main focus is. Selling millions per quarter as per their long term strategy.

I'm quite certain Nokia won't be listening to android central to "refocus their strategy"
    09-12-19 09:03 AM
    yah...actually I am looking forward to replace my key2 with nokia 8.X or nokia 9.X in the future
    09-12-19 09:08 AM
    Going well in Asia where their main focus is. Selling millions per quarter as per their long term strategy.

I'm quite certain Nokia won't be listening to android central to "refocus their strategy"
    The point wasn’t about that. Nokia isn’t achieving success here in USA yet. No real carrier support. It has one prepaid model where even Alcatel or TCL depending on the carrier has several.
    09-12-19 09:12 AM
    The point wasn’t about that. Nokia isn’t achieving success here in USA yet. No real carrier support. It has one prepaid model where even Alcatel or TCL depending on the carrier has several.
    Maybe they don't need your market to be a success. Hundreds of millions in Asia (south and east) purchase phones outright. They want value for money. They want solid hardware with support.

Nokia gives them both in an extremely competitive low-mid spec marketplace.
    SeeBeeEss, Trouveur and elfabio80 like this.
    09-12-19 09:16 AM
    yah...actually I am looking forward to replace my key2 with nokia 8.X or nokia 9.X in the future
    The Nokia 9 is a hell of a phone. The 5 cameras and the development with adobe for specific tailored lightroom for editing is a wonderful concept for photographers.

Nokia admits it was never a phone for the masses. For those who understand photography and like to edit on the run, this is a great option.
    Last edited by Gene Fells; 09-12-19 at 09:45 AM.
    09-12-19 09:18 AM
    Maybe they don't need your market to be a success. Hundreds of millions in Asia (south and east) purchase phones outright. They want value for money. They want solid hardware with support.

Nokia gives them both in an extremely competitive low-mid spec marketplace.
    Everybody needs this market regardless of how successful where they’re at. Look at the mainland companies and then ask why each of them attempts carrier relationships here and the rest of the West for the higher profit margins.

Nokia and every OEM wants to move upstream to where the real margins are. Ironically, the USA mobile carrier market is so intertwined with certain OEMs that it’s where all the profits come from. TCL, HMD and whatever other mainland OEM acronyms want those profits from phones bought on time payments.
    09-12-19 09:25 AM
    Everybody needs this market regardless of how successful where they’re at. Look at the mainland companies and then ask why each of them attempts carrier relationships here and the rest of the West for the higher profit margins.

Nokia and every OEM wants to move upstream to where the real margins are. Ironically, the USA mobile carrier market is so intertwined with certain OEMs that it’s where all the profits come from. TCL, HMD and whatever other mainland OEM acronyms want those profits from phones bought on time payments.
    Why are they intentionally making low-mid specced phones for certain markets and pricing their singular top end device at one plus prices?

Surely you are not going to compare Nokia with TCL? One is succeeding with phones and the later is a trainwreck.

I'm quite certain Nokia understands the markets they are selling in.
    09-12-19 09:32 AM
    OnePlus is another example of a manufacturer doing extremely well without much of a North American market. IMHO, the days of a phone manufacturer needing the North American market appear to be over.
    Gene Fells and Trouveur like this.
    09-12-19 09:37 AM

I know that no one has to have the US Market... but I had hoped that Nokia would make a comeback here.

Just broke my S7, for family reasons I opted to get a XR like you (of course a few days before prices dropped - but work pays for it so... ). Got it yesterday and went ahead and installed iOS 13 (beta) on it. Dark Theme and gestures has taken me back....
    09-12-19 09:39 AM
    I know that no one has to have the US Market... but I had hoped that Nokia would make a comeback here.

Just broke my S7, for family reasons I opted to get a XR like you (of course a few days before prices dropped - but work pays for it so... ). Got it yesterday and went ahead and installed iOS 13 (beta) on it. Dark Theme and gestures has taken me back....
    Same family reasons for me... iMessage and FaceTime are teenage daughters preferred medium to Mom and now Dad since texting is so old people..... LOL
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-12-19 09:43 AM
    Why are they intentionally making low-mid specced phones for certain markets and pricing their singular top end device at one plus prices?

Surely you are not going to compare Nokia with TCL? One is succeeding with phones and the later is a trainwreck.

I'm quite certain Nokia understands the markets they are selling in.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...e-slips-2019-8

Apparently so does TCL or so the data shows
    09-12-19 09:44 AM
    OnePlus is another example of a manufacturer doing extremely well without much of a North American market. IMHO, the days of a phone manufacturer needing the North American market appear to be over.

Then why did they fight to get in bed with T-Mobile here in North America specifically USA market?
    09-12-19 09:48 AM
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...e-slips-2019-8

Apparently so does TCL or so the data shows
    Haha, lots of profits in $45 feature phones with oversized T9 keyboards.
    09-12-19 09:48 AM
    Then why did they fight to get in bed with T-Mobile here in North America specifically USA market?
    I think it might be called "gravy."
    09-12-19 09:54 AM
    Haha, lots of profits in $45 feature phones with oversized T9 keyboards.
    You do realize the bulk of HMD volumes come from the same feature type phones as well.

That’s been my point. Both companies are literally mirroring each other with similar failures and successes.

It’s like a 6 year old calling a 4 year old a little kid...
    09-12-19 09:57 AM
47 12