I guess the manufacturers are a little behind, would the keyone's belt clip/holster sleeper magnet position work with the keytwo also, and has anyone tried it? Is it in the same physical place, or different?

I'm not jumping on the key2 right away, however I am curious when and if holsters/belt clips are going to be made for it. They are a requirement because missing your pocket is a horrible thing (especially if on a bike, you don't want to drop it and have to stop, walk back and pick it up).

Anyone else waiting for them too?

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-11-18 01:47 PM
    Well there where a few after market accessories for the KEYone, so i'm sure there will be the same for the K2.
    06-11-18 09:59 PM
    I currently use a Seidio Surface Case with belt clip for my KEYᵒⁿᵉ so I reached out to them about the KEY².

Their response was they currently have no plans for any KEY² accessories.
    06-12-18 06:00 AM
    Within a few months someone will sell something on Amazon that will fit your needs.
    06-12-18 07:47 AM
    I bought the Leap belt clip holster for my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It works, however the magnet closure doesn't turn the screen off. No biggie for me, I just press the off key before putting the phone in the case. I'll probably use it for the Key² if I get it and if it fits.
    06-12-18 08:29 AM
    This is the case I hope they modify for the Key 2 as I use it on my priv and would have used it on the Key one but now I am going from the Priv to the Key 2.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Na...UvbUpU13209153

I like it better than the sedio cuz the sedio seems like I will catch the top latch on my chair when I sit down.
    06-12-18 03:33 PM
    This will probably be my "starter" holster while I wait for better to come out. It specifically says Key 2 but I would suspect it will have sloppy fit but better than nothing while I wait for the fitted cases to come out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DP38T6X...UvbUpU13209156
    06-12-18 03:37 PM
    As soon as I got my K1 last year I tried it in my PRIV BB OEM leather swivel holster and it fit with a little room to spare. I then got a Ringke Fusion case for it for a little protection and with that on the K1 it still went in the PRIV Case, albeit a little snug. Once it loosened up it worked great.

Looking at the dimensional specs between the K1 and K2, the K2 is just under 0.10" taller but narrower and thinner than the K1 so the PRIV holster should work. worth a try if you want a naked phone in a leather swivel holster. The sleep magnet may even work.
    06-17-18 09:58 PM
    As soon as I got my K1 last year I tried it in my PRIV BB OEM leather swivel holster and it fit with a little room to spare. I then got a Ringke Fusion case for it for a little protection and with that on the K1 it still went in the PRIV Case, albeit a little snug. Once it loosened up it worked great.

Looking at the dimensional specs between the K1 and K2, the K2 is just under 0.10" taller but narrower and thinner than the K1 so the PRIV holster should work. worth a try if you want a naked phone in a leather swivel holster. The sleep magnet may even work.
    Has to work in my case, I don't want it dialing any number or settings being changed. I need that sleeper magnet function for sure.
    06-17-18 10:09 PM
    It works on my K1 but then I have a habit of always hitting the power button before I holster it. It's so instinctive needing to do that at work when I'm using the phone pouch on my work pants that now I don't even realize I'm doing it.
    06-17-18 10:13 PM
    Correction to the above post. I was confusing my BB OEM PRIV holster with my Seidio holster. The PRIV holster magnet doesn't work with the K1. The magnet is in the upper corner whereas on the K1 the sleep sensor is mid point right side when facing the screen. I don't know where it is on the K2 but it's easy enough to locate by taking a small magnet and moving it along the back until it goes into sleep mode.
    06-17-18 10:29 PM
    I ordered this one to hold me off until BlackBerry releases the official case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13213248
    06-17-18 11:16 PM
    I ordered this one to hold me off until BlackBerry releases the official case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13213249
    Looks like a possible contender.
    06-17-18 11:20 PM
    Looks like a possible contender.
    The best I've seen until now. I just want anything to protect my phone before I drop it/scratch it until the official cases are out. Learned my lesson from the KeyOne, it was very slippery and fell off my hand from day one and the rear panel came off and would never go back flush perfectly again
    06-18-18 09:05 AM
    I bought the Leap belt clip holster for my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It works, however the magnet closure doesn't turn the screen off. No biggie for me, I just press the off key before putting the phone in the case. I'll probably use it for the Key² if I get it and if it fits.
    The reason is that Blackberry did not offer a belt holster with clip for the Keyone. The one that fits is really for the Priv. That is why the magnet will not turnoff your screen. I have the same situation. Happy with the Priv's holster, but screen will not turn off.
    Cheers
    06-18-18 09:07 AM
    The reason is that Blackberry did not offer a belt holster with clip for the Keyone. The one that fits is really for the Priv. That is why the magnet will not turnoff your screen. I have the same situation. Happy with the Priv's holster, but screen will not turn off.
    Cheers
    Ya know, it could have been the one for the Priv. It was a year ago. I do think is was for the Leap. I would have to go back in my orders from Amazon to be sure.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 06-18-18 at 12:00 PM.
    06-18-18 10:36 AM
    Leap holster works well but we're not as well made as the older ones, priv seemed too big, even z30 holsters work after a little break-in. I don't believe any of these would like make the device sleep. I don't think the z30 will work for the K2 as it is even a little short with the k1.
    06-21-18 08:25 AM
    I think the holster in this image is pretty decent. If I am not mistaken, this was given out free at the Key2 launch event in China.

KEY2 holster or belt clips?-001.jpg
    06-22-18 03:19 AM
    Looks like a sleeve not a holster. Does it have a belt clip on the other side? I am still hoping to keep it dorky and wear it on my belt. Even when it's in my suit pocket i reach for my right hip.... 25 years of habit.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    07-15-18 11:14 PM
    I guess we could use an existing large device belt clip (priv, leap?) and use a discovery method to find the sleeper chip's position using a magnet, and do a bit of surgery to manually add the sleeper magnet (neodymium). I did so to make a bold 9700 belt clip work with the 9900, so it can't be that hard for the key2 or keyone.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    07-15-18 11:48 PM
    Currently use a Priv holster, fits pretty well. Could mod it to add magnets but device doesn't have a Magnetometer.

Will look into Leap holster fitment.
    07-16-18 12:07 AM
    Currently use a Priv holster, fits pretty well. Could mod it to add magnets but device doesn't have a Magnetometer.

Will look into Leap holster fitment.
    So the key2 doesn't have a sleeper magnet chip? That sucks.

07-16-18 12:19 AM
    So the key2 doesn't have a sleeper magnet chip? That sucks.

Unfortunately not, and same for the keyone.
    07-16-18 12:24 AM

I use the PRIV OEM holster for my K1, magnet does not work to turn it off, but better than nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 holster or belt clips?-img_20180511_1846003.jpg  
    anon(3950127) likes this.
    07-16-18 12:55 AM
    I use the PRIV OEM holster for my K1, magnet does not work to turn it off, but better than nothing.
    Will try it with my K2 when it arrives.
    07-16-18 12:59 AM
69 123