Hello. Long time user here but can't get into my account for some reason so created a new one.

Anyway, I have a key2 with a USB type C to hdmi cable. When I plug it into the tv, my phone screen instantly appears. Lovely stuff. But there is no sound. Not from the device or tv. Any ideas? Tried all sorts of volume / media settings but nothing.

Thanks
    10-17-19 04:53 PM
    Any ideas?
    It could be just about anything really, USB cables aren't exactly known for their fantastic compatibility. I have 2 that don't work right but work fine either stuff and 1 that does work just fine. What type of cable is it? Brand/Model. And have you tried it with other devices to see if it works with them?
    10-17-19 05:21 PM
    just bought the cable from Amazon. Not sure on brand, will check. certainly not BlackBerry specific. can anyone confirm that sound actually works via USB type c to HDMI?
    10-18-19 02:29 AM
    Hello. Long time user here but can't get into my account for some reason so created a new one.

Anyway, I have a key2 with a USB type C to hdmi cable. When I plug it into the tv, my phone screen instantly appears. Lovely stuff. But there is no sound. Not from the device or tv. Any ideas? Tried all sorts of volume / media settings but nothing.

Thanks
    Have you tried playing media on the phone and THEN plugging in the USB C to your TV's HDMI while the file is actively playing?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-18-19 02:16 PM
    Can't comment on sound playback through TV, but I got it working perfectly on a recent flight where the in flight entertainment system had an HDMI input port, and I used Bluetooth headphones for audio.
    10-18-19 02:30 PM
    Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, and apologies for the lack of response! I went away for the weekend (which is why I purchased the cable in the first place). I found that by simply plugging it in, unplugging, plugging back in etc seemed to randomly fix the issue.

So in a nutshell, no sound just meant taking the cable out and putting it back in again.
    10-21-19 05:24 AM