Anyone else getting key2 hardware shutdowns? This sort of just started for me. Occasionally full shutdown, sometimes reboot?
    Ive noticed its when im bluetooth connected to my car and get a txt or email that seems to trigger it occasionally.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this?
    06-19-19 01:27 PM
    06-19-19 01:53 PM
    Anyone else getting key2 hardware shutdowns? This sort of just started for me. Occasionally full shutdown, sometimes reboot?
    Ive noticed its when im bluetooth connected to my car and get a txt or email that seems to trigger it occasionally.

I've never had a random reboot. Ever.

Maybe try a factory reset?
    anon(10573286) likes this.
    06-19-19 01:54 PM
    Wow, it really sucks, following my own experience...
    I had this on my keyone, with a progressive increase of this issue over time. After 3 months it was totally unusable. I tried 32 sec reset, factory reset, sd card remove, 3 times back to the after sales service... Finally I got my phone replaced and I bought the key2 with the refund.
    I think it was a hardware issue on the main board, like a short that occurs sometimes somewhere...
    I' really affraid for my key2 as I had the first unscheduled reboot last week. My feeling is that keyone and key2 have more or less the same architecture in terms of electronics and IP protection. Not so sure they are durable for years...

If your phone has the same trouble with a factory reset, naked of any app installed, you're done.

Cheers,

Phil
    06-21-19 12:46 PM

I've had this too

When I turn the Bluetooth on the whole phone freezes and goes blank for like 30 seconds....
    06-21-19 01:23 PM
    hrrrm it doesnt freeze when I toggle bluetooth but it will hard reboot if I have bluetooth connected to my car, listening to a podcast and randomly get a txt or email via the hub. or send one. does seem to only happen with bluetooth. happening more frequently recently but ive also had 2 failed os updated (partially successful otas). im gonna wipe and see if that fixes it. I hope its not the short thing as described above. I did have a hard drop on my naked phone recently too. oof. I have the dual sim 128gb one from the uk so hard to replace
    06-21-19 02:11 PM
    yah my key2 red reboots overnight occasionally -- hoping this never affects alarm clock...
    06-21-19 10:25 PM
    yah my key2 red reboots overnight occasionally -- hoping this never affects alarm clock...
    It shouldn't...
    06-23-19 12:38 AM
    I've had this happen a couple of times on my Passport, but never on my KEY2.
    06-24-19 12:09 PM
    I've had this happen a couple of times on my Passport, but never on my KEY2.
    Wait... you mean... that it's not just TCL/BBMo hardware that can have issues??

I am outraged
    06-24-19 12:18 PM
    It shouldn't...
    I seem to have isolated the cause of the overnight reboots -- keeping the phone overnight on a surface which is somewhat magnetic. I (somewhat sadly) put the official Blackberry case on the key2 red and no reboots have occurred since.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-25-19 09:07 PM
    update on this. I think I had a tiny crack on the top right of my lcd when this started. at some point it turned into a full shatter and I replaced my screen at a local shop. no reboots since then. I think this was oddly related to that screen crack. my space bar has become a little less reponsive, but legitimately I spilled some coke on it before this happened. sigh... I think ive got the space bar back to near 85% responsiveness though
    07-29-19 08:29 PM
    Will factory accept unresponsive key2 for repair? Bought mine on eBay. All factory reset efforts futile. Phone is very sensitive to slightest mechanical distortion. Will not accept charge or charges like an electric hot plate. Totally unpredictable. I have two phones, both key2 silver. One works fine with rare reboots. Guess which one the wife is using? Does anyone build reliable phones anymore?
    10-21-19 05:23 PM
    My Key2 suddenly crashed and I can't seem to reboot it. It has a black screen, with a solid green LED light in the upper corner. Any suggestions?
    11-15-19 12:40 AM