For a normal person I would argue that 'best-in-class monthly updates' means issuing the monthly Google updates.
    If that's not what they meant to do, then I'd say this was cheeky not to say misleading language.
    Then why bother describing it as "best-in-class" if it was such a binary proposition?
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-21-20 03:40 PM
    Then why bother describing it as "best-in-class" if it was such a binary proposition?
    You'll have to admit that this is rather very cheeky language by all accounts. No way around that.
    02-21-20 03:52 PM
    You'll have to admit that this is rather very cheeky language by all accounts. No way around that.
    Perhaps. On the other hand, after reading that, I never expected to receive every monthly update without exception.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-21-20 03:55 PM
    Phone upgrades have always been the wild west with Android. It's not the iPhone where there's a single manufacturer, or even Nokias Symbian phones where the odds were in your favor. It largely depends on the OEM, and some are really good about it (Samsung, Google, LG) and some seem to ignore upgrades (Motorola, HTC, Kyocera). TCL/BB Mobile seemed to be somewhere in the middle, but it did seem to be a slap in the face to spend $650 dollars on a phone and get no upgrade EVER. Even my GFs Moto G7 power is already on android 9 and it was 1/3rd of the price.
    02-23-20 01:37 AM
    Now it's clear you don't know what you're talking about. It's interstate commerce and would have to be in federal court in the US.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Now it's clear you don't know what you're talking about. Corporations are incorporated in an individual state, not the federal government.
    02-25-20 03:13 AM
    Now it's clear you don't know what you're talking about. Corporations are incorporated in an individual state, not the federal government.
    I give up. You're absolutely right. Enjoy your lawsuit and do let us know how you do!

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-25-20 07:45 AM
    Well that means your case is against TCT Mobile, TCT Mobile (US) Inc, TCT Mobile (US) Holdings, Inc or TCL Communication, Inc and your "friend" lives in the state of Delaware... so that narrows it down.

BlackBerry Mobile doesn't really exist as a legal entity....

I've done forgot what this was all about.
    02-25-20 11:09 AM
    Well that means your case is against TCT Mobile, TCT Mobile (US) Inc, TCT Mobile (US) Holdings, Inc or TCL Communication, Inc and your "friend" lives in the state of Delaware... so that narrows it down.

BlackBerry Mobile doesn't really exist as a legal entity....

I've done forgot what this was all about.
    There's only one meeting that criteria. Claim amount <$5000. Dismissed with prejudice.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-25-20 12:25 PM
    Nothing has changed.

No new Android version. Patches likely to continue until May or June.

But I do leave some room open that patches have already stopped.
    I thought we had support to Aug 2022? What is the security risk with no updates?
    02-28-20 03:28 AM
    I thought we had support to Aug 2022? What is the security risk with no updates?
    Support, yes. Patches, no.

Just play safe.
    SteveNoza and jafobabe like this.
    02-28-20 06:59 AM
    where is Pie ??
    Most local diners will, the Cocoa Diner in Hershey PA has one that tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
    03-22-20 10:45 PM
186 ... 678