With the news this week.... can we expect any updates to the Key2? Will we be getting a newer version of android?
    02-09-20 11:25 PM
    With the news this week.... can we expect any updates to the Key2? Will we be getting a newer version of android?
    Nothing has changed.

No new Android version. Patches likely to continue until May or June.

But I do leave some room open that patches have already stopped.
    yybenedb and Guch_pee12345 like this.
    02-09-20 11:27 PM
    What a pitiful end for the brand...
    02-10-20 12:27 AM
    Even the monthly security patch for January did not happen yet. I don't remember such a delay spreading into the next month since the K2 launch. Looks like we're stuck with ACI448 for the rest of our lives...
    02-10-20 07:47 AM
    Even the monthly security patch for January did not happen yet. I don't remember such a delay spreading into the next month since the K2 launch. Looks like we're stuck with ACI448 for the rest of our lives...
    TCL is in complete virus lockdown. Activity for all of their products have come to a standstill.

So it's hard to come to any conclusions at the moment.
    02-10-20 07:54 AM
    I thought TCL would have been using a good anti virus ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-10-20 08:57 AM
    TCL is in complete virus lockdown. Activity for all of their products have come to a standstill.

So it's hard to come to any conclusions at the moment.
    TCL never provided consistent updates. Don't pretend the virus has anything to do with it.
    elfabio80 and cyberdoggie like this.
    02-10-20 10:58 AM
    TCL never provided consistent updates. Don't pretend the virus has anything to do with it.
    This is very different. Their servers for all products are down to 10% of their normal activity.

85% of BBMo devices, on average, received patches within 60 days.
    02-10-20 11:15 AM
    This is very different. Their servers for all products are down to 10% of their normal activity.

85% of BBMo devices, on average, received patches within 60 days.
    0% of BBMo devices, on average, received the monthly security patches that were promised.
    02-10-20 11:17 AM
    0% of BBMo devices, on average, received the monthly security patches that were promised.
    Huh?

Btw, you have us all at a disadvantage. Who were you prior to June of last year?
    02-10-20 11:19 AM
    Huh?

Btw, you have us all at a disadvantage. Who were you prior to June of last year?
    A lurker.

TCL promised monthly security updates and did not deliver them. Too bad trial lawyers are using iPhones because they could make a fortune on a class action.
    02-10-20 11:43 AM
    I thought TCL would have been using a good anti virus ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Coronavirus the big pharma induced psychosis. For which Vaccines cannot possibly work.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-20 11:46 AM
    A lurker.

TCL promised monthly security updates and did not deliver them. Too bad trial lawyers are using iPhones because they could make a fortune on a class action.
    They promised "best in class" monthly updates, and they delivered. Only Google and Android One devices did better, on average, overall.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-10-20 11:48 AM
    They promised "best in class" monthly updates, and they delivered. Only Google and Android One devices did better, on average, overall.
    What does the word monthly mean?
    02-10-20 11:53 AM
    What does the word monthly mean?
    "Monthly updates", not "monthly updates monthly".

In any event, it was better than any other non-Android One device (apart from Rubin's own Essential). You're nit-picking.
    Last edited by conite; 02-10-20 at 12:10 PM.
    jafobabe and TheGraduate like this.
    02-10-20 11:58 AM
    "Monthly updates", not "monthly update monthly".

In any event, it was better than any other non-Android One device (apart from Rubin's own Essential). You're nit-picking.
    Did any BBMobile device receive a security patch in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December?

It's not nitpicking. They broke their promises and you are still making excuses for them even though they're leaving the game.
    anon(5597702) and cyberdoggie like this.
    02-10-20 12:07 PM
    Did any BBMobile device receive a security patch in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December?

It's not nitpicking. They broke their promises and you are still making excuses for them even though they're leaving the game.
    Things weren't perfect, but I will give them credit for patches.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    02-10-20 12:10 PM
    Things weren't perfect, but I will give them credit for patches.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    Of course you will give them credit. Shock of the century.

They still failed.
    02-10-20 12:12 PM
    They still failed.
    They sure did. But it was a solid effort, and I'm very thankful they extended things by a few years. The KEY² is the best BlackBerry-branded device I've ever owned, and I've owned most of them going back to 2007.
    02-10-20 12:16 PM
    Why cant they just release android pie or whatever for key1 and key2 devices at this point? I know they want to make them secure and blablabla..... but if they are dumping support... is it not better to just open it up so we can put whatever on our device?
    PowderJockey likes this.
    02-10-20 12:24 PM
    Why cant they just release android pie or whatever for key1 and key2 devices at this point? I know they want to make them secure and blablabla..... but if they are dumping support... is it not better to just open it up so we can put whatever on our device?
    Pardon my ignorance. What does pie have that oreo doesn't? Asking seriously. Is it that big of an upgrade over what we have now?
    02-10-20 12:26 PM
    They sure did. But it was a solid effort, and I'm very thankful they extended things by a few years. The KEY² is the best BlackBerry-branded device I've ever owned, and I've owned most of them going back to 2007.
    They failed to keep their promise to provide monthly security updates. They've been sued over it.
    02-10-20 12:30 PM
    They failed to keep their promise to provide monthly security updates. They've been sued over it.
    They have? Do you have a link?
    02-10-20 12:39 PM
    They have? Do you have a link?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...8#post13421508
    02-10-20 12:42 PM
    But you didn't provide the information there either. You just made an unsubstantiated claim.
    Rando3000 and TheGraduate like this.
    02-10-20 12:44 PM
186 123 ...