So with the keyone , the fingerprint reader 99% registered on first try , but the keyone let you register the same finger more then one time from what i remember, so what i did was to register the same finger 2x from a slightly different angle and that did the trick. Now with the key2 im not always getting the unlock, but you also cant register the same finger 2x. I wonder if this was enabled if it would help?
    07-10-18 03:22 PM
    Just make sure you are getting the corners of your finger when you initially set up your print. Somebody noted that the software no longer asks you to do that. Just make sure that you are.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-10-18 04:55 PM
    Just make sure you are getting the corners of your finger when you initially set up your print. Somebody noted that the software no longer asks you to do that. Just make sure that you are.
    I initially did this trick I knew from the iPhone software in the beginning but this gave me a real bad fingerprint experience registering on first try about 60% of the time. On my KEY 2, it seems to work best to just register it the way you use it (most), now it's working about 95% at first try which isn't bothering me.
    10-15-18 11:45 PM
    I moved my finger around, repositioning the finger with each recording on my phone. This way the phone had several different views and I rarely ever have an issue unlocking my phone... I did that with 3 fingers just in case I cut my finger.
    10-16-18 12:11 AM
    Although the spacebar is wide the reader doesn't cove the full width so make sure you are putting your finger in the middle, also i found that registering the print in the same way i hold the phone most of the time helped also, mine works about 95% of the time now which is fine as my iPad fingerprint reader isnt 100% either.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-16-18 02:04 AM
    my iPad fingerprint reader isnt 100% either.
    You mean to tell me that Apple products aren't perfect and that it's not just TCL products that can have quirks??
    10-16-18 03:54 AM
    shhh don't tell everyone!
    10-16-18 07:48 AM
    You mean to tell me that Apple products aren't perfect and that it's not just TCL products that can have quirks??
    'quirks'? Is that TCL talk for malfunction?
    Last edited by Laramie50; 10-16-18 at 11:56 PM.
    10-16-18 09:51 PM
    'quirks'? Is that TCL talk for malfunction?
    Call it what you want I guess
    10-17-18 12:28 AM
    I"m facing the fingerprint issue too. Reported to support and they advised me to place my finger horizontally for more reliable reading. I can confirm it is much better. Still not as good as on KeyOne but getting better. They mentioned the fingerprint reader is design differently due to different size of spacebar and they will try to fix the issue. At least for now you can try the horizontal trick.
    10-22-18 12:47 PM
    I"m facing the fingerprint issue too. Reported to support and they advised me to place my finger horizontally for more reliable reading. I can confirm it is much better. Still not as good as on KeyOne but getting better. They mentioned the fingerprint reader is design differently due to different size of spacebar and they will try to fix the issue. At least for now you can try the horizontal trick.
    Is it actually bigger or differently shaped than the KEY1's?
    10-22-18 02:53 PM
    Is it actually bigger or differently shaped than the KEY1's?
    I understood that both ones changed.
    10-22-18 04:56 PM
    I believe KEYone's design was used in the KEY2 LE
    10-23-18 05:03 AM
    One both my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Key² I set both of my thumbs prints horizontally as that is just the way my thumbs naturally rest on the space key. No special effort. Fingerprint reader works flawlessly on both phones.
    In fact I set both thumb prints at the same time during the initial fingerprint setup. Using either thumb to unlock works just fine.
    10-23-18 05:26 AM
    The only thing I can really complain about is the fingerprint sensor. It's driving me nuts.

100% a software glitch. Unlocking the phone with the Fps is hit and miss.

When I get in the first try. I am like wow it worked but almost every time I use it to unlock the password keeper it works.

Hopefully their is an update coming.
    10-24-18 07:42 PM
    Mine works 95% of the time on my K2, my K1 was 99%. I do also rotate my thumbs extremely when setting it up. I use the same procedure, which is not explained on the BlackBerry, that I used on my iPhones. It is very important to rotate your thumb, I even set it upside down during procedure.
    10-24-18 07:57 PM
    I don't think so. I have done all of this and more. excluding standing on my head blindfolded. 95% of the time it works for password keeper same fingers same fps.

Sometimes I can touch the Fps and the screen doesn't wake. Then moments later It works every time.
    10-24-18 08:52 PM
    Bottomline, it's way too much work. I tried all of the above and it was always a hit or miss. We/I know what an accurate fingerprint censor is; I had the K1, Xperia XZ1 &2. I have the iPhone 8 today. The KEY2'S is flawed.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 10-27-18 at 11:14 AM.
    10-25-18 09:22 AM
    Holding the Phone in my right hand I try to use my thumb but this seldom works so I also set up to use the index finger of my left hand. This works pretty much all the time and does not slow down my use of the phone.
    10-27-18 10:40 AM
    The only thing I can really complain about is the fingerprint sensor. It's driving me nuts.

100% a software glitch. Unlocking the phone with the Fps is hit and miss.

When I get in the first try. I am like wow it worked but almost every time I use it to unlock the password keeper it works.

Hopefully their is an update coming.
    Try to delete the fingerprint and set it up again. This time rotate your finger in all directions while setting it up
    10-27-18 10:56 AM
    My fingerprint scanner is terrible. I always end up entering my PIN. Ugh. Please fix this. I had zero issues with the scanner on my BE.
    12-01-18 04:07 PM
    I will have to say I was and sometimes still am impressed with how good it works. I also say I have had to redo it a few times but I found I need to use a lower part of my thumb as my prints are very worn off on the ends.

Then there is the times it just hates me. And pin it is.
    12-01-18 06:09 PM
    I returned my K2 due to that for warranty service, one minute it worked, another one my finger wasn't recognized. I run some tests based on instructions from BB Support and they concluded it is probably malfunction. I personally think it is badly designed (it was actually confirmed indirectly by BB Support talking about smaller reader size vs K1) because we all have the same symptoms and I doubt they all are bad. It looks like it depends on humidity, temperature or skin wet. Finger position does not play role. I had K1 before and it worked like a charm. K2 reader is bad from day 1.

To diagnose fingerprint reader: Dialer app > type *#2886# > MANU > FingerPrintEnroll > follow the steps on the screen - you should get consistent scores. In my case it fluctuated from 18 to 70.
    12-02-18 05:12 AM
    finger print sensor is the worst thing about this phone, my only complaint in fact
    12-02-18 07:33 AM
    My Key² finger print sensor has and is working just fine. It has never been a problem. You just might need a replacement.
    12-02-18 07:49 AM
31 12