Is anyone experiencing issues with FINGERPRINT recognition when unlocking the KEY2? Recently have had limited success unlocking the phone with as many as three (same finger) registered prints. The message to clean a dirty sensor appears, then the numeric code is requested due to too many failed fingerprint attempts.

Sometimes the fingerprint sensor won't even vibrate .... the screen just stays black.

It must be software related because fingerprints work "instantly" to unlock Password Keeper.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot software to determine the troublesome app. I've recently also experienced "no audio notifications" and random reboots.

I thought it might be Blackberry Launcher .... as I've been updating all apps as they appear in Notifications, but not sure how to revert back to an earlier version.

The Key2 has become a "restart several times a day" device.
    09-18-18 10:57 PM
    I'm not sure how to troubleshoot software to determine the troublesome app. I've recently also experienced "no audio notifications" and random reboots.
    Best way is to do a factory reset and build up from there. Keep track of what you're installing and see if it happens again.
    SV_Trinity likes this.
    09-18-18 11:08 PM
    Do Fingerprint sensors get confused ("dirty sensor") and fail due to damaged dry skin from harsh cleaning agents? I was doing a lot of cleaning and my hands took a beating ...

(This doesn't explain why the sensor only fails to Unlock the phone but works with Password Keeper ... Unless the Unlock app is more strict.)
    09-19-18 12:59 AM
    My fingerprint scanner on my KEY2 is working fine, but the one on my mum's KEY2 isn't. She has the same issue as you, OP.
    SV_Trinity likes this.
    09-19-18 03:51 AM
    Oily fingers or a bit tiny bit of water... triggers the finger print reader not to work. (From experience)

It some how confuses it... makes it not vibrate... or retains black screen then asks for the pin code.
    09-20-18 01:49 AM
    I've found that when setting up your fingerprints, physically press the space key when you put your finger down each time with gentle pressure. It seems to help with reliable unlocking for me.
    09-20-18 07:56 AM
    I find it sometimes recognizes my thumb right away and sometime takes multiple attempts.
    09-20-18 08:37 AM
    I've only had mine since Monday. Sometimes it will tell me the sensor is dirty but my next attempt works fine, it's not consistently denied me access. When accessing my phone from being on standby it will often vibrate from detecting my fingerprint on the spacebar but only wakes up after the second or third tap. I now have a habit of tapping the spacebar a couple of times to wake it up.
    09-20-18 10:21 AM
    same issue on my key2... some days fingerprints nearly no working and I have to type security code all the time and some days working smooth. I don't know where is problem, but it drives me crazy.
    09-22-18 04:31 AM
    I just upgraded from a KEYone to KEY2. I had the KEYone since launch day, so I'm fully in tune with its performance standards.

I was worried that all this talk about the fingerprint scanner would manifest itself in my new device. However, my KEY2 fingerprint scanner is WAY faster and more accurate than my KEYone. I've only had the KEY2 for 3 days, but..... it has never missed a fingerprint unlock... ever.

Not sure if this is software related or not. My KEY2 immediately installed the August 5, 2018 security patch.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-22-18 08:43 AM
    I haven't had any issues with the fingerprint sensor since I received my Key2 in July. I have "taught" it four fingers (both thumbs and index fingers. Index fingers so that I can unlock it easily when it is on a desk.)

..Tom
    09-22-18 09:09 AM
    Mine has recently be omelets reliable. Definitely not as reliable as the key1.
    09-22-18 09:42 AM
    No mine is hit and miss too and seems to require a second attempt more when the device has been off for a long period of time.
    09-22-18 10:38 AM
    The scanner is also hit and miss for me as well. Both thumbs and index fingers scanned in 👍 👆
    09-22-18 11:42 AM
    I have more failures on my Key2 than the KeyONE. It gets really annoying.
    09-26-18 11:04 PM
    I haven't had any issues with the fingerprint sensor since I received my Key2 in July. I have "taught" it four fingers (both thumbs and index fingers. Index fingers so that I can unlock it easily when it is on a desk.)

..Tom
    I mapped both thumbs and it works reliably with both. I have other apps which require the fingerprint sensor to open, and these all work very well.
    V-Tom likes this.
    09-27-18 03:43 AM
    I have more failures on my Key2 than the KeyONE. It gets really annoying.
    Same thing happened to me. Having already used phones with fingerprint sensors, the KEY2 strikes me as extremely unreliable. The K1's was great and worked without fail.
    09-27-18 06:04 AM
    Same thing happened to me. Having already used phones with fingerprint sensors, the KEY2 strikes me as extremely unreliable. The K1's was great and worked without fail.
    It's interesting how people can have different experiences with the same phone. I find the KEY2 fingerprint scanner to be WAY faster than the KEYone. The accuracy is about the same, but the KEY2 scanner seems more sensitive. I light tap is all I need.
    09-27-18 06:30 AM
    I had the same problem until I saw a message saying my action was too quick for the scanner. when I do it slowly it has a greater success. As A rule the Key 2 is faster than the previous devices I think we automatically expect the finger print scanner to be quick too. Does it make sense?
    09-28-18 09:13 AM
    I had the same problem until I saw a message saying my action was too quick for the scanner. when I do it slowly it has a greater success. As A rule the Key 2 is faster than the previous devices I think we automatically expect the finger print scanner to be quick too. Does it make sense?
    I'm not too sure... I'm using the same method as I did on the KeyONE but with more failures on the Key2. In fact, I don't recall having any issues on the K1 and it was always quick and almost instant. With the Key2 it got to the point where I had to type in my PIN just to access my phone because it failed too many times.

I will say that the sensor is less forgiving on the Key2. I have to place my finger just right in order for it to read it.
    09-28-18 10:17 AM
    Maybe we do because some have used other devices with fingerprint scanners and we can't help comparing. I had the Sony XZ1 and XZ2 and on both devices you barely had to touch the scanner to unlock the phone. I also remember being impressed by how fast and without fail it worked on the KEY1. The KEY2 scanner was a hit or miss on my device.
    10-01-18 12:31 PM
    My Key1 fingerprint sensor was much better.
    This one takes a lot of time to unlock
    01-30-19 04:30 AM
    My Key1 fingerprint sensor was much better.
    This one takes a lot of time to unlock
    I had an issue with the finger print scanner when I initially bought the key 2 but luckily with my silver key 2 which I purchased several days ago I have no issues with the fingerprint scanner at all
    01-30-19 02:42 PM
    My fingerprint scanner on my KEY2 is working fine, but the one on my mum's KEY2 isn't. She has the same issue as you, OP.
    I see I never updated it, but I too have issues now.
    01-31-19 12:07 PM