I don't know which group is more annoying, those who attack others who point issues out or those who cry, falsely stating that there is no room for disagreement in the forums.������It is important to keep perspective that we are all passionate about our phones, that's why we are on CrackBerry. Being BlackBerry owners, a lot of us are inherintly used to defending our phones to others in the real world.

To the OP, I am still on my KEYone and have had no double typing issues. That seemed to be really a BlackBerry Classic problem.

Glad so many are enjoying the Key2. I will be picking one up for sure.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    The double typing issue has been around since the PKB has been around. It’s most likely a sensitivity adjustment mixed in with individual users habitual behavior using some previous device either VKB or PKB. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. I’m saying it exists with many things in life when a habitual routine is changed and we deny the problem is user error. LOL
    07-08-18 09:32 AM
    The double typing issue has been around since the PKB has been around. It’s most likely a sensitivity adjustment mixed in with individual users habitual behavior using some previous device either VKB or PKB. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. I’m saying it exists with many things in life when a habitual routine is changed and we deny the problem is user error. LOL
    So it cannot be a hardware fault?
    07-08-18 09:45 AM
    So it cannot be a hardware fault?
    Sure it could. However, the probabilities of a PKB device that was developed with the help of the mobile PKB recognized leader, suggest that software adjustments to fix sensitivity is more likely. I still believe, it’s simply users that are used to different KB, PKB or VKB, subconsciously using Key2 without adjusting to it yet.

The iPhone VKB took all types of user learning to adjust from previous familiar PKB and VKB hardware from various OEMs.
    07-08-18 10:18 AM
    Sure it could. However, the probabilities of a PKB device that was developed with the help of the mobile PKB recognized leader, suggest that software adjustments to fix sensitivity is more likely. I still believe, it’s simply users that are used to different KB, PKB or VKB, subconsciously using Key2 without adjusting to it yet.

The iPhone VKB took all types of user learning to adjust from previous familiar PKB and VKB hardware from various OEMs.
    If a key inputs double typing once every 100 presses or so, doesn't it lean more towards a software issue? I thought if it was hardware related and you press on it with the exact same force every time, then it would double type every time.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-08-18 11:05 AM
    If a key inputs double typing once every 100 presses or so, doesn't it lean more towards a software issue? I thought if it was hardware related and you press on it with the exact same force every time, then it would double type every time.
    I don't think so. The Q10 was intermittent but remedied with a replacement board.
    07-08-18 11:12 AM
    I’m just a user, no IT guy. I’ve experienced some double typing issues with all my BB PKB devices at some point. Some just few times and others, little more. I’ve never swapped out hardware and issues seemed to clear up through software updates or more likely, my pressing on the keys. Even now, on my KEYone, I’ll touch the space bar or something else and end up with some “word” exchanged for my actual word. Same thing happens with iPhone and iPad that I use. That’s what causes me to accept User Error...
    07-08-18 11:15 AM
    I’m just a user, no IT guy. I’ve experienced some double typing issues with all my BB PKB devices at some point. Some just few times and others, little more. I’ve never swapped out hardware and issues seemed to clear up through software updates or more likely, my pressing on the keys. Even now, on my KEYone, I’ll touch the space bar or something else and end up with some “word” exchanged for my actual word. Same thing happens with iPhone and iPad that I use. That’s what causes me to accept User Error...
    Right but if it's one word out of 500 or 1000 it's fine, but if it's every other sentence, it'll be very frustrating to any user
    07-08-18 11:19 AM
    That’s how I felt using the first iPhone and still do on the smaller ones like iPhone 5.
    07-08-18 11:22 AM
    If an issue isn't reliably reproducible, it's most likely based on some intermittent user behavior. Computers don't have good and bad days. They do the same thing in the same situation 99.99999% of the time.

If the behavior changes, that means the circumstances were somehow different.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-08-18 11:49 AM
    When dealing with any kind of hardware button, there is a concept of "switch bounce" that must be adjusted for in software. Often times it is a matter of fine tuning within milliseconds of pressing the button based on user typing habits. So my guess is BlackBerry Mobile will be gathering telemetry on that and fine tuning in a future update.

That being said, there can also be faulty hardware that triggers hundreds or thousands of signals beyond the point that software can remedy, unless you wanted your software to only listen to one key press per second or something extremely slow.

Case in point, the Q10. Almost every unit had some issue of double typing after a few years. Most cases BlackBerry was able to increase the delay in the software over a series of updates; but my keyboard became so trashed after 2 years that it was impossible to type as every key either quadruple typed or didn't type at all. Replaced the keyboard and it completely fixed it.
    07-08-18 12:16 PM
    If an issue isn't reliably reproducible, it's most likely based on some intermittent user behavior. Computers don't have good and bad days. They do the same thing in the same situation 99.99999% of the time.

If the behavior changes, that means the circumstances were somehow different.

It happens every 3-5 words.
    07-08-18 12:18 PM
    That's pretty terrible, all keyboard letters equally affected?
    07-08-18 12:31 PM
    That's pretty terrible, all keyboard letters equally affected?
    Just the spacebar. If I type with no spaces between words there's no issue. Spacebar either fails to register a click and then double up words, or it tries to catch up to my typing and logs muliple spaces and/or letters in a row.

It's unusable. Going in to Rogers store right now for replacement.
    07-08-18 12:33 PM
    That means SOMETHING is different in the instances where you're getting a double space.

Perhaps the spacebar is too sensitive to pressure at certain points, so the natural variability of your typing is what makes the problem intermittent.

in any case, it certainly sounds like a usability issue for you if you can't easily figure out how to make it reliable. It will be interesting to see if the problem resolves itself with a replacement device or if it's a problem you'll experience with the KEY2 generally. Let us know.

07-08-18 01:15 PM
    Really guys, it feels so much better than the KEYone I had for a year. It's so much grippier, the keyboard is not even comparable to the KEYone (matte and 20% taller keys really make a difference!), swiping and scrolling is so much easier without that sticky keyboard of the KEYone.

I really can only recommend it. Don't believe those haters!

And no, there's no double typing (except you press a button twice!).
    Thanks for your feedback. This gives lots of confidence in the device .
    07-09-18 02:27 AM
    can anybody compare the back of keyone/two - is it more grippy and the device itself, does it feel better to hold and type as the keyone?
    i had a Q10, PP and Classic going all naked but the keyone needed a case otherwise it was too slippy for me - no way to go without a case - so whats new in that regards?

tku!
    07-09-18 02:48 PM
    Really guys, it feels so much better than the KEYone I had for a year. It's so much grippier, the keyboard is not even comparable to the KEYone (matte and 20% taller keys really make a difference!), swiping and scrolling is so much easier without that sticky keyboard of the KEYone.

I really can only recommend it. Don't believe those haters!

And no, there's no double typing (except you press a button twice!).
    I agree with your post. My device is amazing and a great upgrade to my KEYOne.
    07-09-18 03:12 PM
    reception and WiFi are also much better than the keyone I find.
    Malduin6 likes this.
    07-09-18 03:20 PM
    can anybody compare the back of keyone/two - is it more grippy and the device itself, does it feel better to hold and type as the keyone?
    i had a Q10, PP and Classic going all naked but the keyone needed a case otherwise it was too slippy for me - no way to go without a case - so whats new in that regards?

tku!
    Phone is not slippery. The back has a nice grip/feel to it, very similar to the keyone I find..

Although I never carried a case on my keyone and didn't find it slipper either
    07-09-18 04:03 PM
    Ok - well to me as said, the keyone is the only one i really need a case with...
    My index fingers just slip out of position too much and often - makes it much easier and faster to type with a case for me!

I wonder which other pkb device will come - as two pkb devices where announced as I can remember.
    07-09-18 04:38 PM
    Ok - well to me as said, the keyone is the only one i really need a case with...
    My index fingers just slip out of position too much and often - makes it much easier and faster to type with a case for me!

I wonder which other pkb device will come - as two pkb devices where announced as I can remember.
    Going to be another keyone spec phone
    07-09-18 04:50 PM
    Going to be another keyone spec phone
    TCL bought Palm, expect a new Palm pkb phone. Maybe Palm will be their flagship premium phones and blackberries will be their mid-range devices.
    07-09-18 05:02 PM
    JIf I type with no spaces between words there's no issue..
    idontseeaproblemwiththatifyouthinkaboutityouwillty peevenfastersinceyouwillhavelesskeyclickswithoutth espacebar
    07-09-18 05:19 PM
    TCL bought Palm, expect a new Palm pkb phone. Maybe Palm will be their flagship premium phones and blackberries will be their mid-range devices.
    So Palm is not gonna rest in peace 😉 but come back into this war against the no-pkb...
    the_boon likes this.
    07-10-18 01:12 AM
    It's like Deja vu when the KeyOne was released a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 01:34 AM
50 12