There's an article from Android authority with some positive news about the key2 and the key2 le outselling the keyone. The blackberry or TCL officials at CES2019 said that the key2 sold on the same level as the keyone but the le made the difference with lower price and the color options attracting more young and women users.

Though key2 was a mid range priced a Lil high,, I wish the key3 would come with higher end specs priced 699-749 and then the lite edition with lower specs n price. The article also stated how TCL managed to convinced users from across the world that blackberry smartphones are running Android now and not the old bb os or bb10 which had significant lack of apps.. Overall a very positive article for the key series and optimistic about the upcoming key3 or any other device in pipeline along with blackberry's future in smartphone market.

'BlackBerry in 2019- an uphill battle but worth fighting'.
    Eric Morin and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-28-19 06:15 AM
    Fantastic news! Link please
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-28-19 06:53 AM
    https://www.androidauthority.com/?p=946818

Blackberry is still a minor player in the smartphone space. Can it become more? Will it continue to rebuild what was lost? Let's look at Blackberry's prospects for 2019.
    01-28-19 07:01 AM
    nice. amazing what some competent marketing and promotion will do.
    01-28-19 08:42 AM
    That's great they need to make K3 specs compete with other flagships so when the heat picks up customers won't have to compromise to own a blackberry
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    01-28-19 09:00 AM
    There's an article from Android authority with some positive news about the key2 and the key2 le outselling the keyone. The blackberry or TCL officials at CES2019 said that the key2 sold on the same level as the keyone but the le made the difference with lower price and the color options attracting more young and women users.

Though key2 was a mid range priced a Lil high,, I wish the key3 would come with higher end specs priced 699-749 and then the lite edition with lower specs n price. The article also stated how TCL managed to convinced users from across the world that blackberry smartphones are running Android now and not the old bb os or bb10 which had significant lack of apps.. Overall a very positive article for the key series and optimistic about the upcoming key3 or any other device in pipeline along with blackberry's future in smartphone market.

Yeah I saw this article yesterday. Wish they would give actual numbers though.
    01-28-19 09:32 AM

Only thing I would disagree with his that the the majority of the world still does not know blackberry makes phones. I know here in Canada I cannot tell you how many times people are stunned I am using a blackberry and then they are even more stunned blackberry still makes phones. They next comment about the lack of apps. I honestly don't think it would hurt if blackberry mobile started putting out commercials about the fact their phones run android now so more people would become aware.
    Eric Morin and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-28-19 09:55 AM
    Only thing I would disagree with his that the the majority of the world still does not know blackberry makes phones. I know here in Canada I cannot tell you how many times people are stunned I am using a blackberry and then they are even more stunned blackberry still makes phones. They next comment about the lack of apps. I honestly don't think it would hurt if blackberry mobile started putting out commercials about the fact their phones run android now so more people would become aware.
    Blackberry doesn't make phones. TCL aka Blackberry Mobile makes Blackberry branded phones. Big difference in my book.
    falbo and WT44 like this.
    01-28-19 10:21 AM
    Blackberry doesn't make phones. TCL aka Blackberry Mobile makes Blackberry branded phones. Big difference in my book.
    Lol..i know that. But the average person does not care or even know about TLC. Point I was making is the world isn't educated about blackberry
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-28-19 10:23 AM
    Lol..i know that. But the average person does not care or even know about TLC. Point I was making is the world isn't educated about blackberry
    And I'm sure most of the world doesn't care. We do but then again we are not most of the world.
    WT44 and Andrew Poderis like this.
    01-28-19 10:30 AM
    I honestly don't think it would hurt if blackberry mobile started putting out commercials about the fact their phones run android now so more people would become aware.
    Oh they do. Every single advert they put out says "Android 7/8 with millions of apps on the play store" first thing before even going into the keyboard and other specs.
    I don't see any other OEM needing to specify what OS their devices run on lol
    WT44 likes this.
    01-28-19 11:50 AM
    I think we can all agree the ads are much better than those by BlackBerry
    the_boon likes this.
    01-28-19 01:24 PM
    I don't think it matters if BlackBerry is making phones (or licensing out their name). What matters is there is an option in form factor if anyone is interested....

"Levels".... Which levels?
    Vistaus and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-28-19 02:42 PM
    Good news. Based on that it strengthens the likelihood of Key3 happening. I think in terms of sales BB/TCL would benefit from a little more marketing. I hardly saw a single ad for either KeyOne or Key². As many have said most people I meet express surprise there are still BB's around.

In a world of homogeneous slabs it's nice to break the mould and be different - they should tap into that, especially with the younger market.
    WT44, the_boon and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-28-19 03:01 PM
    Advertising is extremely expensive, and so TCL has to be very selective about where, when, and how they advertise. Even Apple and Samsung are advertising less, and between them, they own over 98% of all smartphone profits.

TCL is building slowly as sales allow, and that is smart business given the larger situation (mature market that is beginning to consolidate, industry-wide reduction in advertising spend, and declining volumes).

If TCL doubled their advertising budget, it's very unlikely that they would double their sales, much less their profits, so organic growth makes far more sense. This isn't the late Oughts when there was rapid market growth to justify crazy advertising budgets. This is a "survival of the fittest" time when companies need to show a profit or their boards of directors will pull the plug on smartphones and go in a different direction.
    01-28-19 04:23 PM
    https://www.androidauthority.com/?p=946818

Blackberry is still a minor player in the smartphone space. Can it become more? Will it continue to rebuild what was lost? Let's look at Blackberry's prospects for 2019.
    Unless BlackBerry can recapture a significant portion of the Enterprise part of their business, then the glory days cannot and will not be repeated. Without governments and corporate businesses on board in numbers, I'm afraid it will be a slow grind as we have experienced. I have and will support BlackBerry, but my expectations are based on reality and not nostalgia.
    rarsen, Troy Tiscareno and Vistaus like this.
    01-28-19 04:40 PM
    Good news - I just picked up a Key2 to replace my PRIV where the battery was failing. Initial impressions are very solid! Quite enjoying the little beast, especially since it's light enough to carry in a shirt pocket.

About the only issue is getting used to the "flip up" to select words - the PRIV seemed to work better for me, but it's a small complaint. The screen size and placement works very well for me, I am grateful to have this device.

Interestingly, the sales person who set it up, who has the Huawei P2, was very impressed with the device - it has attracted more attention out in the wild then my PRIV did.
    01-28-19 04:44 PM
    the priv looked like any other slab unless it was opened, which it wasn't in most displays.
    01-29-19 08:17 AM
    very nice article, key1 is the first stepping stone to second success for blackberry after bbos
    01-29-19 10:27 AM
    very nice article, key1 is the first stepping stone to second success for blackberry after bbos
    All depends on how you measure "success".... I don't think you'll ever see sales levels like there was with BBOS when BlackBerry was THE Smartphone.

If TCL is able to call BBMo a "success", it will still be a niche product with a few million in sales - a ghost of what once was. But there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they are profitable and able to keep making PKB phones that bear the BlackBerry name.
    Troy Tiscareno and Crusader03 like this.
    01-29-19 12:30 PM
    All depends on how you measure "success".... I don't think you'll ever see sales levels like there was with BBOS when BlackBerry was THE Smartphone.

If TCL is able to call BBMo a "success", it will still be a niche product with a few million in sales - a ghost of what once was. But there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they are profitable and able to keep making PKB phones that bear the BlackBerry name.
    I know, they can't go back to their old good glory days! But after the downfall, they have taken up their first step in the successful way is very much encouraging news. They will gain more popularity and sales going forward if they keep the momentum going.
    01-30-19 02:10 AM