I'm planning another trip to Greece/Italy for spring of 2022. In 2020 I bought an Orange SIM card at the airport in France and used it with my Key2LE in Italy without issues.

I now have a Key2 Red and plan on making the same trip. Will I run into a situation similar to AT&T where unapproved devices are banned from the network or should I be fine?

What's the best choice these days for EU SIM cards?
    10-27-21 07:04 AM
    You should have no issues. Same as with your LE.

Vodafone has good plans and good coverage but if Orange works for you also fine.
    10-27-21 08:13 AM
    I'm planning another trip to Greece/Italy for spring of 2022. In 2020 I bought an Orange SIM card at the airport in France and used it with my Key2LE in Italy without issues.

I now have a Key2 Red and plan on making the same trip. Will I run into a situation similar to AT&T where unapproved devices are banned from the network or should I be fine?

What's the best choice these days for EU SIM cards?
    Carriers in EU doesn't ask to approved devices.

You should check bands from your KEY variants and bands used by the different EU carriers to avoid incompatibility.
    10-27-21 09:21 AM
    in Italy, you won't have issues with your key2
    10-27-21 11:52 AM
    You should have no issues. Same as with your LE.

Vodafone has good plans and good coverage but if Orange works for you also fine.
    For Orange an T-Mobile read EE Everything Everywhere.
    10-28-21 10:26 AM
    Carriers in EU doesn't ask to approved devices.

You should check bands from your KEY variants and bands used by the different EU carriers to avoid incompatibility.
    Meaning that the "white lists" of North American carriers are actually just a way to make money from phone providers by forcing their clients to use certain devices and not others? Shurley not!?
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    10-28-21 06:06 PM
    Meaning that the "white lists" of North American carriers are actually just a way to make money from phone providers by forcing their clients to use certain devices and not others? Shurley not!?
    A handful of people sure.
    10-28-21 06:12 PM
    They're more of a way NOT to have to tie up their support staff on long, pointless support calls trying to get things to work that just aren't going to. The potential to sell a new device is really just a bonus.
    10-28-21 08:29 PM
    Assuming the specific model you are using is BBF100-2 (Americas). The bands that it supports in 4G are
    4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
    3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
    2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

This info came from GSMArena.com so I trust the info to be accurate. I would imagine what company you are using has 4G bands and you can match up what the phone supports to what the carrier frequencies are. Every time I went overseas I never bothered to check but I suppose it might be important to some.
    11-25-21 12:01 PM
    Also I'm not too familiar with the ATT ban. Sounds like a way for ATT to sell more phones. I have ATT service and was receiving text messages saying that my phone was not going to work after a certain point. I called up customer service right away and explained I was not going to switch and wanted the text messages to stop. ATT even sent me a crappy ATT branded phone they say will work. The customer service rep did something to prevent the system from switching over to the new SIM for this crappy phone. That has been my only experience with it.
    11-25-21 12:04 PM
    Also I'm not too familiar with the ATT ban. Sounds like a way for ATT to sell more phones. I have ATT service and was receiving text messages saying that my phone was not going to work after a certain point. I called up customer service right away and explained I was not going to switch and wanted the text messages to stop. ATT even sent me a crappy ATT branded phone they say will work. The customer service rep did something to prevent the system from switching over to the new SIM for this crappy phone. That has been my only experience with it.
    AT&T only allows whitelisted devices to use VoLTE. The KEY² is not among them. It will stop working the moment 3G is shut down.
    11-25-21 12:50 PM
    I live in Europe. In my country, Motorola's are supported for VoLTE only on 1 carrier out of 3 and Pixel are not supported at all (we are not one of the 4 or so countries where the Pixel is sold). Even in Europe it may happen that some carriers are not supporting VoLTE for every device existing on planet Earth. And not necessarily it happens because of business decision, sometimes because of sh*tty network equipment on the carrier's end (unlike the US, Huawei and ZTE network equipment was widely used here among carriers as it was cheaper - sometimes you get what you pay for. )
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-25-21 01:20 PM
    still using my Key2 in Greece without any problem
    11-27-21 06:57 AM