But TCL doesn’t need the devices to sell right now other than be available for sale. It’s like a sitcom television set just for appearances only.
    They leave money on the table then
    01-27-20 09:06 PM
    They're still some of the only devices with keyboards, so they got that going for themselves.
    We all know the keyboard won't just justify the price. If it does, it's not gonna be sitting there unsold until now.
    01-27-20 09:12 PM
    They leave money on the table then
    How so if the objective is to avoid early termination penalties? I’m sure with all the internal data and confidential numbers, TCL is able to predict least cost scenario.
    01-27-20 09:22 PM
    We all know the keyboard won't just justify the price. If it does, it's not gonna be sitting there unsold until now.
    I do agree that they should knock off about $150 for each model that's for sale.

I don't think there's any OEM that's listing a phone on their own website for the same exact price over 1.5 years later as they did at launch.
    01-28-20 06:02 AM
    I do agree that they should knock off about $150 for each model that's for sale.

I don't think there's any OEM that's listing a phone on their own website for the same exact price over 1.5 years later as they did at launch.
    For what purpose? That’s counterproductive.
    01-28-20 07:01 AM

Why? If they feel they will eventually sell out at full price, what would this strategy bring other than reduced revenue?
    01-28-20 08:15 AM

They're selling it for more, actually. The launch price was $649 and the only available "official retailer" in the US, the eternally sketchy GoTalk, has it for $679.
    01-28-20 08:37 AM
    They're selling it for more, actually. The launch price was $649 and the only available "official retailer" in the US, the eternally sketchy GoTalk, has it for $679.
    Ridiculous GoTalk pricing aside, I was referring to the BB EU store.

But like conite said, they're comfortable/confident that they'll sell them all like hot cakes before the end of the licensing agreement
    01-28-20 09:40 AM
    Ridiculous GoTalk pricing aside, I was referring to the BB EU store.

But like conite said, they're comfortable/confident that they'll sell them all like hot cakes before the end of the licensing agreement
    No one said "hot cakes". They simply have to eventually sell, and they are obviously confident that they will.

Clearly they can choose to liquidate any time they wish.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-28-20 09:42 AM
    No one said "hot cakes". They simply have to eventually sell, and they are obviously confident that they will.

Clearly they can choose to liquidate any time they wish.
    Must not be that many units then. Nothing close to the amount of Z10's that BBL had to offload back then.

When did they stop selling the KEYone at the BB EU Store?
    01-28-20 11:09 AM
    Must not be that many units then. Nothing close to the amount of Z10's that BBL had to offload back then.
    That was many millions.
    01-28-20 11:11 AM

BB produced around 5M Z10s, and distributors worldwide only ordered about 1.5M of them initially, and months later they still hadn't sold through to end-users. That was panic time.

TCL seems to have produced around 150,000 K2s and about the same number of K2LEs. Between the two, there are probably 10k or fewer left, but they're only selling about 1k devices a month right now, worldwide. At that rate, the'll be sold out before the end of the year, and given there's no new phone as an alternative, and no competition from any other company for PKB phones (not counting Kickstarters), there's no reason for them to discount, as they'll sell every last phone at full price eventually.
    John Albert and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-28-20 12:47 PM
    BB produced around 5M Z10s, and distributors worldwide only ordered about 1.5M of them initially, and months later they still hadn't sold through to end-users. That was panic time.

TCL seems to have produced around 150,000 K2s and about the same number of K2LEs. Between the two, there are probably 10k or fewer left, but they're only selling about 1k devices a month right now, worldwide. At that rate, the'll be sold out before the end of the year, and given there's no new phone as an alternative, and no competition from any other company for PKB phones (not counting Kickstarters), there's no reason for them to discount, as they'll sell every last phone at full price eventually.
    And when they do get rid of all that remaining KEY2/LE stock, how do we know they would have lost money on it after all?
    01-28-20 01:34 PM
    And when they do get rid of all that remaining KEY2/LE stock, how do we know they would have lost money on it after all?
    Because their business plan called for sales in the millions, not thousands.
    01-28-20 03:05 PM
    I saw a Black Edition new for a little less than $300, $284, on www.electronicsforce.com. Listed as a BBB100-1.

I'm still using mine. Works great!
    01-29-20 12:05 PM
    silver key2 with slight screen marks I bought for £249 ,screen protector on and marks cannot be seen
    01-29-20 02:14 PM
    I saw a Black Edition new for a little less than $300, $284, on www.electronicsforce.com. Listed as a BBB100-1.

I'm still using mine. Works great!
    I ordered one. It's not new. I returned it.
    01-30-20 08:28 PM
    I think that something to keep an eye on is when the Canadian carriers stop offering the Key2... as of right now the major carriers still stock the Key2. When the carriers stop offering It could mean one of 2 things, either stock has depleted or more stock will become available on GoTalk.

01-30-20 09:08 PM
    I ordered one. It's not new. I returned it.
    I've been browsing electrocnicsforce and always wondered what the conditions of the phones were since it's not listed in the product description. Every BlackBerry device from my wish list is on there but the prices seem too good to be true so I've never pulled the trigger.

Have you ever bought any other devices from them?
    01-31-20 06:36 AM
    I think that something to keep an eye on is when the Canadian carriers stop offering the Key2... as of right now the major carriers still stock the Key2. When the carriers stop offering It could mean one of 2 things, either stock has depleted or more stock will become available on GoTalk.
    It would be nice if there was SOME way of having a 2019 built Black KEY2 in the US, without having to pay Red KEY2 prices
    01-31-20 10:11 AM
    Rogers has stopped carrying the Key2 as of Dec. 31.
    01-31-20 10:31 AM
    Rogers has stopped carrying the Key2 as of Dec. 31.
    It's a slow death...
    01-31-20 10:50 AM
    It's a slow death...
    It sure is.

I have been trying to get one for a while now...soo many problems. I ordered a Red Key2 in November but it didn't ship. Ordered another one somewhere else. Didn't ship either. Another one...same issue.
    Finally I ordered one from the UK and got it in two days. October build date.
    01-31-20 11:11 AM
    It sure is.

I have been trying to get one for a while now...soo many problems. I ordered a Red Key2 in November but it didn't ship. Ordered another one somewhere else. Didn't ship either. Another one...same issue.
    Finally I ordered one from the UK and got it in two days. October build date.
    That's awesome, a Red KEY2 with October 2019 build date should have a more than perfect spacebar lol
    01-31-20 11:27 AM
    It would be nice if there was SOME way of having a 2019 built Black KEY2 in the US, without having to pay Red KEY2 prices
    I don't think there was a single manufactured device in 2019 - of any colour.

Only rejigged units.
    01-31-20 01:26 PM
52 123