Hi everyone I'm soon going to be spending two weeks in Australia & 2 weeks in Hong Kong every month. I don't know much about dual sim phones and I'm wondering if that is the way for me to go or because of all the different communication apps I use if I'm just better off with two phones. Looking forward to your feedback . Thanx
    10-09-18 03:10 AM
    Hi everyone I'm soon going to be spending two weeks in Australia & 2 weeks in Hong Kong every month. I don't know much about dual sim phones and I'm wondering if that is the way for me to go or because of all the different communication apps I use if I'm just better off with two phones. Looking forward to your feedback . Thanx
    Depending where you live, it may be a bit more challenging to get warranty repair done if something goes sour if you have a dual Sim device, say in North America.
    10-09-18 03:35 AM
    I've got a dual sim variant here in Australia and it works just fine.
    The variant I have was actually sourced from HKG (BBF100-6, to be precise).
    10-09-18 04:57 AM
    I'll be ordering one from an Ebay reseller and will be getting the Ebay Ins plan for it. I just need to verify that BlackBerry will honor it's warranty if I buy it from an unauthorized reseller.
    10-09-18 02:54 PM
    Thanks TheBond now I have a question as I have never used a dual sim phone My business that I need to communicate with everyone I use many different communication apps Whatsapp Signal WeChat to name a few. I can only use them on one designated number (HK) correct. So if I want to have a whatsapp for the Australia number I will need to download whatsapp a second time & register it with the second number correct. Like I said I have never messed with a dual sim phone before so I'm trying to have clarity on this point.
    10-09-18 11:40 PM
    Thanks TheBond now I have a question as I have never used a dual sim phone My business that I need to communicate with everyone I use many different communication apps Whatsapp Signal WeChat to name a few. I can only use them on one designated number (HK) correct. So if I want to have a whatsapp for the Australia number I will need to download whatsapp a second time & register it with the second number correct. Like I said I have never messed with a dual sim phone before so I'm trying to have clarity on this point.
    Apparently there was a feature advertised by BlackBerry to work "dual app". It's already officially listed for KEY² LE. The rumors are it'll be available for KEY² in future builds.

For now, you will have to use apps like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lel.space.lite to clone the app and use it.

So for one instance, you can have your Australian number while on other you can use HKG.

Another option for Whatsapp is to use Whatsapp Business together with private Whatsapp.
    10-10-18 12:44 AM
    Thanks TheBond this has been a big help. Where in Australia do you live?
    10-10-18 01:05 AM
    I don't have my Key2 yet, but try downloading both the standard WhatsApp App and the Business version. I believe you can install and run each one separately on the same device so long as you login or assign them different phone numbers for each.

For SMS, look for a good Texting app that supports Dual-SIM such as "Pulse".
    10-10-18 08:10 AM
    Thanks TheBond this has been a big help. Where in Australia do you live?
    I'm based in Sydney
    10-11-18 09:07 PM