Here you can see the same app Version of Spotify and the storage section is available on my S9+

Yep having same issue but only in specific apps like Google Play Music, Google news and now Spotify.

Everything else is detecting the SD card with no issues. Spotify did yesterday let me save to sd card but not today. I ve only had the phone 24 hours to be honest
    07-14-18 01:05 PM
    I called the BlackBerry Hotline and reported this issue
    someone on Reddit said this support line was for actual BlackBerry and not BlackBerry Mobile, and said to tag @LiamQ
    07-14-18 02:30 PM
    Well.. I don't quite understand why would you contact BlackBerry for this kind of issue.

If this is happening on certain third party apps only, and taking into consideration the KEY2 has Android Oreo, the issue is happening due to the way the apps are designed (they most likely haven't been patched to work properly with Oreo).
    Neither the device itself nor BlackBerry would be at fault, and thus chances are they won't be able to do anything about it (although if they literally said "This is a new phone, I don't know what's causing it" rather than explaining the above to you... Well... It certainly is disappointing)

I would advise you contact the App Developer, since they are the only ones who can possibly fix the issue.
    If you see above, I posted pictures of my Samsung S9+, which also has Oreo, and it functions just fine. If it was just one app, I could see the need to contact that specific app developer, but it happens with a wide variety of apps, but only on the KEY2

for reference I have a Moto Z2 Force on Oreo, a Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Oreo, and a LG V20 on Nougat. I am very familiar with how Android works, and how to download various components of apps

I can set my camera to go to the MicroSD and it works fine, i can navigate to it from Settings to Storage to SD card and and find those pics, everything is good there.

i cannot do things like download a playlist in Google Play Music, Spotify, or YouTube Music. I cannot download an offline map on Google Maps to the sd card. I cannot download podcasts from PocketCasts, etc.

all of them will work if you do not choose external storage, but it does not work with external storage on the KEY2. Works fine on the other phones I referenced on the various versions of Android
    07-14-18 03:32 PM
    If you see above, I posted pictures of my Samsung S9+, which also has Oreo, and it functions just fine. If it was just one app, I could see the need to contact that specific app developer, but it happens with a wide variety of apps, but only on the KEY2
    Bla bla bla
    For a person who claims to be well-versed on this subject, you are completely overlooking multiple obvious facts that prove your logic flawed:
    A) Android is an open-source software stack
    B) They KEY2 has a physical component that most devices don't.
    C) Based on the aforementioned there must have been additions or modifications to one or multiple sections of the code in order for the keyboard, along with all of its functions, to work as intended.
    D) All of the above taken into consideration, regardless of how many devices you have and what OS they run, the main idea of my last comment remains true: If a function from a third party app doesn't work properly on any device, but the same function works properly with built-in apps, the device works fine. The apps have to be adapted to work with that device in particular. Regardless of how many apps it is.

Can you imagine if every manufacturer had to physically change a device, or re-think the whole framework of the OS every time any app feature wasn't compatible with it? Pffft, you really lack common sense.

Now, I'm not trying to defend BlackBerry here. Sure, partially it is their dev's fault for A) Not having tested such a frequently used feature on such a popular app, B) Not having thought that by modifying said pieces of code certain features would cease to work
    Or C) Perhaps they, being developers and understanding the way this whole thing works, they knew it's not un-common practice, and that all that would have to be done would be a patch from the app devs, which is their job anyway.

It really comes down to how soon you contact the App devs, and how much they care for whatever cluster of users have gotten the KEY2 so far.

Now that I'm done with an explanation written from an account which was created with the sole purpose of disproving your initial claim on this particular thread (I'm just tired of people expecting manufacturers to fix their entire lifes. Specially people who refuse to contact the correct entity and remain stubborn on claiming a product is faulty after said entity has been pointed out already), feel free to think what you will & keep expecting a solution by contacting BlackBerry. But well... Chances are it won't happen.
    If you build a complex contraption and purchase an add-on which doesn't quite fit, do you build the contraption from 0 again, or swap/adapt the add-on?
    07-14-18 06:59 PM
    BlackBerry called me and sent an email about this issue:

SD Card

We have been receiving reports about this same issue, we have noticed that the issue is occurring with the class 10 SD cards, they had a meeting earlier today and they have determined its a coding issue the phone is having with Oreo, it will work with other classes.

The issue has been reported and it will be worked on, when the issue is solved there will be a software update released that will fix the issue
    bdpatt likes this.
    07-16-18 07:34 PM
    Let's hope this is the case, I ordered a new UHS (U3) SD card from Amazon yesterday and will report if it makes a difference. After upgrading from a KeyOne to the Key2, I was very disappointed to discover this issue - as I'm sure others are.
    07-17-18 11:02 AM
    Let's hope this is the case, I ordered a new UHS (U3) SD card from Amazon yesterday and will report if it makes a difference. After upgrading from a KeyOne to the Key2, I was very disappointed to discover this issue - as I'm sure others are.
    Yep, looks like it's wait and see for a software fix. I'm using a U3 card and only option is to format as portable at the moment. Looking forward to an encryption option.
    07-17-18 01:14 PM
    Yep, looks like it's wait and see for a software fix. I'm using a U3 card and only option is to format as portable at the moment. Looking forward to an encryption option.
    Thanks for your comment, I decided to call the BB Hotline, and they confirmed that anything but a Class 4 device would have the same problem (that means 32GB max as far as I can tell). I still can't believe they released the Key2 with this issue. I hope the wait for the fix isn't very long.
    07-17-18 04:26 PM

SD Card

We have been receiving reports about this same issue, we have noticed that the issue is occurring with the class 10 SD cards, they had a meeting earlier today and they have determined its a coding issue the phone is having with Oreo, it will work with other classes.

The issue has been reported and it will be worked on, when the issue is solved there will be a software update released that will fix the issue
    This is fixed!

I just got update ABC432, and now I can set Spotify to download to my SD card again.

Nice work BlackBerry!
    07-18-18 07:32 AM
    This is fixed!

I just got update ABC432, and now I can set Spotify to download to my SD card again.

Nice work BlackBerry!
    Yes, Awesome! I got the update and confirmed the fix with many Apps (Spotify, Amazon Music, Netflix, Vudu, Stitcher).. Way to go BlackBerry!
    07-18-18 07:59 PM
    I'm in the UK and still on the ABA082 release, why does this happen? it's annoying I believe the releases are held back from UK carriers grrrr
    07-20-18 04:19 PM
    For a person who claims to be well-versed on this subject, you are completely overlooking multiple obvious facts that prove your logic flawed:
    A) Android is an open-source software stack
    B) They KEY2 has a physical component that most devices don't.
    C) Based on the aforementioned there must have been additions or modifications to one or multiple sections of the code in order for the keyboard, along with all of its functions, to work as intended.
    D) All of the above taken into consideration, regardless of how many devices you have and what OS they run, the main idea of my last comment remains true: If a function from a third party app doesn't work properly on any device, but the same function works properly with built-in apps, the device works fine. The apps have to be adapted to work with that device in particular. Regardless of how many apps it is.

Can you imagine if every manufacturer had to physically change a device, or re-think the whole framework of the OS every time any app feature wasn't compatible with it? Pffft, you really lack common sense.

Now, I'm not trying to defend BlackBerry here. Sure, partially it is their dev's fault for A) Not having tested such a frequently used feature on such a popular app, B) Not having thought that by modifying said pieces of code certain features would cease to work
    Or C) Perhaps they, being developers and understanding the way this whole thing works, they knew it's not un-common practice, and that all that would have to be done would be a patch from the app devs, which is their job anyway.

It really comes down to how soon you contact the App devs, and how much they care for whatever cluster of users have gotten the KEY2 so far.

Now that I'm done with an explanation written from an account which was created with the sole purpose of disproving your initial claim on this particular thread (I'm just tired of people expecting manufacturers to fix their entire lifes. Specially people who refuse to contact the correct entity and remain stubborn on claiming a product is faulty after said entity has been pointed out already), feel free to think what you will & keep expecting a solution by contacting BlackBerry. But well... Chances are it won't happen.
    If you build a complex contraption and purchase an add-on which doesn't quite fit, do you build the contraption from 0 again, or swap/adapt the add-on?
    Ow drats, there you went on typing your angry fanboy rant and now blackberry released a patch. It's a good thing they are actually susceptible to user feedback and patched it quickly. Now just need this fix in the UK. For the record my Sony xz1/xz2 compacts both running 8.x don't have this issue either. My keytwo does.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    07-20-18 07:17 PM
    What update? I'm having this issue as well. I cannot download from Google Play Music or move any apps to sd card, nor is there even an option to move it to the SD card

This is very disappointing considering this phone has only 64gb of storage.

Photos and videos are saving fine and can be accessed via the SD card though, just nothing else

My software is showing ABA044
    07-21-18 10:59 AM
    I'm still on ABA044, and have trouble saving podcasts to SD card, even set storage permission to on for Pocket Casts. Every other function with the SD card is fine. I hope an update comes soon cause I want to make use of extra storage space with a ton of podcasts ready to download!

> Silver k2 pre-ordered from Amazon and on T-Mobile
    07-23-18 05:11 PM
    I'm still on ABA044, and have trouble saving podcasts to SD card, even set storage permission to on for Pocket Casts. Every other function with the SD card is fine. I hope an update comes soon cause I want to make use of extra storage space with a ton of podcasts ready to download!

*Silver k2 pre-ordered from Amazon*
    Not released here yet either, wonder how the blackberry roadmap on updates actually works for global releases. With Sony the gradual roll-outs were weird as well. In Europe German firmware phone always receive updates straight away. Other regions in Europe (e.g. the UK) had to wait slightly longer (sometimes up to two months). With my Sony XZ1 compact I just flashed a German firmware (all languages are present anyway) and got updates as soon as they were released.

Would be great if phone manufacturers would provide more clarity on their updates policies.
    07-23-18 05:15 PM

SD Card

Would anyone who received the update and is using a U3 microSD card reply with its operational status? Couldn't find it right now in the user guide and it might have been the FAQ at the support page, but I recall reading USH1(U1) as the latest speed class to be supported. Set to purchase a media card on this info, but if USH3 cards work the bump in performance would be preferable. Thanks.
    07-23-18 07:29 PM
    I just got the July update and it did indeed solve my SD Card issue in regards to downloading music to the SD

Im still not able to transfer apps to the SD though. There is no option under storage to move them over
    Last edited by jd3232; 07-24-18 at 02:00 AM.
    07-24-18 01:39 AM
    ABC432 update done today confirm can now download music to SD.
    Still unable to transfer apps to SD as previous forum members have stated there is no option under storage to move them over to external storage.
    07-24-18 01:34 PM
    Are you saying the Key2 doesn't allow adoptable storage?
    Adoptable storage removed by BlackBerry on the BB K2, I had the same issue and this has since been confirmed to me by BlackBerry UK. I have since returned my K2 for a refund from CPW. After 11 years, I'm now moving away from BB. So sad.
    07-27-18 12:27 PM
    This is fixed!

Nice work BlackBerry!
    Can we please get this update for the UK? Where are those "frequent updates" that Blackberry Mobile is claiming?
    08-02-18 08:56 PM
    Hi, all. I'm in the US and having the same problem. I did update to ABC432, and I cannot backup my apps to the SD card on my Key2, though I could on my KEYone. Any other ideas? In the meantime, BlackBerry, it's not completely fixed.
    08-05-18 05:00 PM
    I have read on a phone retailer's site that some phones do NOT allow installation of Apps directly to the SD card but I'm not sure about music files from Spotify/Napster etc. I tried using an aincient 2gb Sandisk card to download music from Napster to and it seemed to work fine for me with my Key2 (Only bought phone and tried this yesterday!). I hope it works with Samsung 64gb cards because thats the one I bought to transfer stuff from the 2gb Sandisk one as an upgrade.
    11-26-18 03:05 PM
47 12