Hi All,

I have had my Key2 for 3 days now and it's been a mixed bag so far. Build quality not as good as the KeyOne in my opinion, however the keyboard is amazing!!

I am having a right issue with Spotify and the SD card.

I have a ScanDisk UHS-I 128GB SD card. I formatted it and mounted it as the phone directed. It's visible in the storage menu and the file manager can see it. The camera app can access it and save photos and videos to it all fine. I have allowed all the permissions for Spotify to access storage, but the Spotify app will simply not find the SD card.

I have tried reinstalling the Spotify app, modifying file locations, re-formatting the SD card etc, but nothing works. I have even reset the phone twice. It worked fine in my KeyOne.

I have tried 2 brand new SD cards and exactly the same issue.

So I removed Spotify and tried Apple music. The Apple music app recognises the SD card, but when I set it as the default storage option in the music app, it throws up a message saying an error has occurred and it can't access the SD card.

Anyone else had similar issues?? Anyone got any advice on what I am missing??

Thanks in advance... Oh... I registered case with Blackberry Mobile UK support. They are clueless... I simply got told "It's a new phone sir, I have no idea what could be causing it." That made me a little sad...
    AdaBlast and fixit1971 like this.
    06-30-18 10:36 AM
    - settings

- storage

- touch the SD card if it is present and physically installed

- touch the three dots top right hand corner

- storage settings

- format as internal - or - format

Then try restarting and using those apps with the card.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 03:55 AM
    - settings

- storage

- touch the SD card if it is present and physically installed

- touch the three dots top right hand corner

- storage settings

- format as internal - or - format

Then try restarting and using those apps with the card.
    Still won't work.
    Last edited by AdaBlast; 07-01-18 at 02:53 PM.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 02:31 PM
    None of the other methods I've found online (installing that exFAT app, formatting with that tool on PC, formatting on the phone) work. So far I've had problems with every single music app that tries to store stuff on SD card (Apple Music, Amazon Music, Netease Music...), either says it can't switch its storage folder to SD card (Apple Music) or it tries to download and fails (Amazon Music).
    A screenshot here:
    KEY2 Downloading content to SD card - Nightmare! Any ideas please??-screenshot-jul-1-2018-3_29_18-pm-.jpg
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 02:39 PM
    is this the same issue we all had on the priv and keyone to start with? have you downloaded the Microsoft exfat app? i remember something about having to download that before you could access the SD card.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 02:45 PM
    is this the same issue we all had on the priv and keyone to start with? have you downloaded the Microsoft exfat app? i remember something about having to download that before you could access the SD card.
    Tried that, still don't work. The strange thing is that system apps (Files, Camera) can stores stuff in the card, but none of the other downloaded apps can even if I grant them all the permissions.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 02:51 PM
    I've got the same problem. Also with Here We Go navi. Spotify doesn't see SD card at all. Here We Go see it, but when I try to choose SD, I get message it's not possible use external memory.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 03:32 PM
    I can't even format as internal storage. It only gives me the option of formatting as portable storage.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 04:06 PM
    The MicrosoftexFAT app definitely needs to be installed.

I would try formating the card to exFAT in Windows, then install it, make sure you can use it to store files of whatever kind, then delete/install those music apps.

My apologies for not having found you a proper solution to this normally easy to fix problem.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    07-01-18 05:22 PM
    I use a 'SanDisk Extreme V30 XC1 64GB' card and store most of my own music on that card. I have transferred that card between multiple devices.

I do not stream music from any service. I still physically buy music or purchase downloadable music from time to time. I've ripped all my CD's to the card.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    07-01-18 05:32 PM
    My spotify doesn't even show the setting to enable downloading the songs to external storage. Maybe spotify has disabled this function?
    07-01-18 10:42 PM
    My spotify doesn't even show the setting to enable downloading the songs to external storage. Maybe spotify has disabled this function?
    That's what it sounds like to me.

Do you still own a bunch of CD's you like but they're maybe packed away somewhere?

I ask because a fun project I undertook was one that had me bringing out all my favourite music because I have a big collection of music and I ripped each CD to my wireless hard drive.

Then I purchased a 64GB micro SD card and filled it up with all my favourites out of my favourites. Now I have an SD card packed with music I love.

I will either go buy new music at the store that replaced HMV or I download it off of a digital music store like Google Play Music.
    07-04-18 03:41 PM
    I will not subscribe to a music streaming service nor a movie or TV show streaming service. The closest thing I would do to that is maybe borrow somebody's Netflix account to watch Sneaky Pete or something.

However, I don't do that and simply do other things instead of TV. I purchased my favourite movies and ripped them to my wireless hard drive and watch them periodically. Other than that, I like to stream NHL hockey using the CBC app every Saturday of the NHL season. I do that on my Avegant Glyph video headset.

None of what I do matters to anybody, just sharing is all. I like to talk about stuff I enjoy.
    07-04-18 03:43 PM
    I can't even format as internal storage. It only gives me the option of formatting as portable storage.
    Are you saying the Key2 doesn't allow adoptable storage?
    07-05-18 09:36 AM
    I have the same issue! Have given up trying for now.
    07-05-18 09:59 AM
    Are you saying the Key2 doesn't allow adoptable storage?
    Hi there mate. I can't find an option anywhere as it allowed me to do it on my KeyOne I believe . It's formats the micro sd as portable storage. Transferred my whole music collection onto it via drag and drop so it wasnt too big an issue but I can't find the option.
    07-05-18 11:02 AM
    Hi there mate. I can't find an option anywhere as it allowed me to do it on my KeyOne I believe . It's formats the micro sd as portable storage. Transferred my whole music collection onto it via drag and drop so it wasnt too big an issue but I can't find the option.
    Interesting. I have a Motion and formatting as Internal is an option.
    07-05-18 11:31 AM
    So if I buy a key to am I going to have issues with music apps downloading music to the card? I'm confused. Was going to buy but now I'm not sure until I can see this issue is fixed
    07-06-18 01:08 PM
    Sorry, meant "Key2" ... darn speech recognition
    07-06-18 01:09 PM
    Hello, do not forget: The Key2 is powered by Android Oreo. Maybe the Spotify App (or some others) are not able to follow the new security rules coming with Oreo. I would suggest to ask Spotfy.
    07-06-18 01:17 PM
    Yikes. Not loving reading about this.

I can confirm that setting downloads from Spotify to an external SD card currently works with my KeyONE. I'll be getting a Key2 next week, I will report back as to whether this continues to work with the Key2, using the same SD card that I am currently successfully using in my KeyONE.
    07-14-18 07:19 AM
    I was posting about this in another thread, there is definitely a problem with the KEY2 downloading to the MicroSD card

I have a brand new Samsung MicroSD card, I can set it as my storage in the camera and save pictures to it. I can then navigate to the storage, navigate to the MicroSD card and see those pictures.

However no app will download to it, the option is missing entirely in Spotify and it is there on my S9+, which is also on Oreo
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Downloading content to SD card - Nightmare! Any ideas please??-756.jpg  
    bsommerhalder likes this.
    07-14-18 08:09 AM
    I was posting about this in another thread, there is definitely a problem with the KEY2 downloading to the MicroSD card

I have a brand new Samsung MicroSD card, I can set it as my storage in the camera and save pictures to it. I can then navigate to the storage, navigate to the MicroSD card and see those pictures.

However no app will download to it, the option is missing entirely in Spotify and it is there on my S9+, which is also on Oreo
    Here you can see the same app Version of Spotify and the storage section is available on my S9+
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Downloading content to SD card - Nightmare! Any ideas please??-5219.jpg  
    07-14-18 08:12 AM
    I called the BlackBerry Hotline and reported this issue
    burbunny likes this.
    07-14-18 09:03 AM
    Well.. I don't quite understand why would you contact BlackBerry for this kind of issue.

If this is happening on certain third party apps only, and taking into consideration the KEY2 has Android Oreo, the issue is happening due to the way the apps are designed (they most likely haven't been patched to work properly with Oreo).
    Neither the device itself nor BlackBerry would be at fault, and thus chances are they won't be able to do anything about it (although if they literally said "This is a new phone, I don't know what's causing it" rather than explaining the above to you... Well... It certainly is disappointing)

I would advise you contact the App Developer, since they are the only ones who can possibly fix the issue.
    07-14-18 12:36 PM
47 12