I've looked through the forum and seen similar issues as mine but not come across a solution for it.

I can sync my key2 to my ford Explorer via Bluetooth with no issue, the problem comes that I can't sync my phone book or call history. If I'm playing music via Bluetooth the song information does not display, among other things. So I can't use the cars voice commands at all

Is there a security setting for syncing items I'm missing? This is my first blackberry so it could be something simple I'm missing
    12-12-18 05:40 PM
    I've looked through the forum and seen similar issues as mine but not come across a solution for it.

I can sync my key2 to my ford Explorer via Bluetooth with no issue, the problem comes that I can't sync my phone book or call history. If I'm playing music via Bluetooth the song information does not display, among other things. So I can't use the cars voice commands at all

Is there a security setting for syncing items I'm missing? This is my first blackberry so it could be something simple I'm missing
    Does your car support Android Auto - if so this should work, but you will have to connect the phone to the car with a USB cable.

This only worked on a friend's car after the dealership did a software update for her car for the Ford Sync functionality (I'm guessing you can do this update yourself, but the dealership should definitely do it for you if you ask them when you next have a service).
    12-13-18 11:30 AM
    I have actually solved the contacts issue, this key2 is different to my old phone for bluetooth connections and I actually missed a tick box to allow access to my call history and contacts, a very rookie error.

the audio display I am still working on so I'll give the sync update a go. Thank you
    1in8twst likes this.
    12-13-18 11:34 AM
    I have actually solved the contacts issue, this key2 is different to my old phone for bluetooth connections and I actually missed a tick box to allow access to my call history and contacts, a very rookie error.

the audio display I am still working on so I'll give the sync update a go. Thank you
    Let us know if it works (and what you did to get it to work) - may be of use to another Ford owner on here. Good luck!
    12-15-18 09:12 AM
    Will do. At the moment I'm looking at replacing the stereo unit with a tesla style 12 inch screen but that is the absolute last resort.
    12-15-18 04:35 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the Key2 and my Explorer. Where did you find the tick box to allow access to your contacts and call history? Thanks!
    12-24-18 12:47 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the Key2 and my Explorer. Where did you find the tick box to allow access to your contacts and call history? Thanks!
    When you first pair the phone to the car and the car lady says "make sure the pin codes match" on the phone just underneath the pin code there is some small writing and a tick box. It's that tick box that grants access to contacts, call history etc.

Sometimes I have to have a couple of attempts for it to work but it does work and allows voice command calls to work
    1in8twst likes this.
    12-24-18 12:53 PM

That worked perfectly Richard...thank you.
    12-24-18 01:04 PM