Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-16-18 11:21 AM
169 1234 ...
tools
    He is clearly going through all the effort, and I'm just pointing out that one small extra step will make it orders of magnitude more useful. I'm not scolding him by any means.

My suggestion is beneficial to all other potential posters as well.
    Perhaps I am doing a poor job explaining my perspective here.

For what it's worth, I agree with your premise and perhaps when you post side by side photos you can go to that extra effort if you wish.

However, my point is that none of us signed up here to be critiqued for our voluntary contributions.

As such, your suggestion came across like if a neighbor brought you a basket of food and you said "where are the plates and utensils? this freely given gift would be so much better if you had provided plates and silverware. after all, you were already in the kitchen why didn't you just do this one small thing to make it even better?"
    xtef likes this.
    09-09-18 02:59 PM
    Perhaps I am doing a poor job explaining my perspective here.

For what it's worth, I agree with your premise and perhaps when you post side by side photos you can go to that extra effort if you wish.

However, my point is that none of us signed up here to be critiqued for our voluntary contributions.

As such, your suggestion came across like if a neighbor brought you a basket of food and you said "where are the plates and utensils? this freely given gift would be so much better if you had provided plates and silverware. after all, you were already in the kitchen why didn't you just do this one small thing to make it even better?"
    This is getting weird.

Look, if he's going to go through the effort, might as well make it useful. He may not have considered that. Others may not know either. This is a technical thread, and we're all trying to help.

As it stands, we don't even have food in the basket - just an empty basket.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-09-18 03:11 PM
    This is getting weird.

Look, if he's going to go through the effort, might as well make it useful. He may not have considered that. Others may not know either. This is a technical thread, and we're all trying to help.

As it stands, we don't even have food in the basket - just an empty basket.
    Hmm, it seems to me that you really, truly do not comprehend that you are complaining about something someone else did for free, of their own good will, for no benefit of their own.

Perhaps one day your eyes will be opened to a whole new level of appreciation for other people's contributions and you will learn to thank them for those contributions rather than complain about their shortcomings. For now, I leave you with good wishes. See you around the forums.
    Fred Wu and xtef like this.
    09-09-18 05:35 PM
    Hmm, it seems to me that you really, truly do not comprehend that you are complaining about something someone else did for free, of their own good will, for no benefit of their own.

Perhaps one day your eyes will be opened to a whole new level of appreciation for other people's contributions and you will learn to thank them for those contributions rather than complain about their shortcomings. For now, I leave you with good wishes. See you around the forums.
    "Effort is appreciated". Is this not clear?

Nor am I complaining. Frankly I couldn't care less. I was simply pointing out how the effort he ALREADY expended could be slightly tweaked to be actually useful to the OP. Win-win.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-09-18 05:55 PM
    It's not about more than adequate. It's about why the camera is still worse than the previous models in 2018. Each generation of a product is supposed to be better than previous generations. Clearly it is not the case in BlackBerry phones.
    Never understood that either. My Motion never came with a PKB which makes me wonder why its camera took a lunge backwards over KEYone?

Miffed as well why a PKB and above average camera(s) can't co-exist in the BB World especially in this day and age where photos are playing a big role in business too. No doubt there are many out there that would like both, in one device.
    Last edited by Elky64; 09-09-18 at 06:25 PM.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    09-09-18 06:11 PM
    *raises hand* I have a good suggestion. can we get pics to post in the orientation in which they were taken?
    09-09-18 07:06 PM
    The K2 ca is simply not in the same league as the N8.
    But the iphone 7+ is - which makes the above comment by another user "I find the key2 camera better than the iphone 7+ in well lit conditions" a little strange...

I still find it laugahble people still come here and geninunely make statements about BlackBerry cameras - from a company that CLEARLY has never placed priority on the camera as evidenced by their softwre, except the one time they used the Google pixel sensor and bragged about it but it was still mediocre (bc they don't focus on the camera), - being comparable or better than apple or samsung - two brands that CLEARLY place emphasis on their cameras in both software and hardware...

Seriously - no wonder you guys are willing to pay $800 CAD for this phone and think it's fair value.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    09-09-18 07:11 PM
    Never understood that either. My Motion never came with a PKB which makes me wonder why its camera took a lunge backwards over KEYone?

Miffed as well why a PKB and above average camera(s) can't co-exist in the BB World especially in this day and age where photos are playing a big role in business too. No doubt there are many out there that would like both, in one device.
    What's there to be curious about? It's BlackBerry. There's never been a good camera by them because they don't have the ability to get it done right - can't spend the money for the hardware set up, and can't pay for the expertise to get the post-processing up to apple or samsung levels - even when they had a good sensor in the Keyone. But muh physical keyboard and security features - so will still charge a premium for the devices...smh.

Probably because they're targetting their meme client - muh enterprise users don't need a good camera...how's this been working out for BlackBerry mobile and TCL?

09-09-18 07:21 PM
    Effort is appreciated for sure. But providing a cloud storage link would be infinitely more useful.
    Yup - because we can't tell the difference guys. We need the full sized images for the real comparison otherwise it ain't fair lol.

Even from the thumbnail you can clearly see the key2 image is poorer compared to the note8.

But don't take my word for it - every single review on youtube says the same thing.

But yea - upload the full sized images bro lol...

Bbnivende likes this.
    09-09-18 07:25 PM
    What's there to be curious about? It's BlackBerry. There's never been a good camera by them because they don't have the ability to get it done right - can't spend the money for the hardware set up, and can't pay for the expertise to get the post-processing up to apple or samsung levels - even when they had a good sensor in the Keyone. But muh physical keyboard and security features - so will still charge a premium for the devices...smh.

Probably because they're targetting their meme client - muh enterprise users don't need a good camera...how's this been working out for BlackBerry mobile and TCL?

It is difficult to move from making basic cheap phones to mid level phones. I agree it takes investments in R&D.
    09-09-18 07:35 PM

IMHO I think TCL does have the ability to get the camera end of things right, if they really wanted too, yet chooses not too because they are relying too much on BB's past (PKB / Security aspects) as their saviours. Since BB's cameras were never a thing I think they thought no one would notice LOL. Who knows, could just be a sideline business for TCL that they don't really care about.

Yeah I find that excuse "enterprise users don't need a good camera" overly used these days. Back "when" they had little choice if one wanted a PKB, same goes for today. So of course those wanting a PKB had no choice but to give up something in lieu of.

Think a company not looking forward (future) is going to have a rocky go of it. Rough world out there and the niche market will only sustain one for so long.
    Bbnivende and Fred Wu like this.
    09-09-18 08:52 PM

Then they should not provide a dual lens camera in the first place, but focus on the improvement over KEYone.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-09-18 09:20 PM
    Houston, we have a problem: the Key2 DOES have a good camera. Excellent even, depending on the situation. Just not flagship level.

These same old complaints about the inadequacy of the Key2 camera are beginning to smack of sheer stupidity. The camera isn't flagship material, never was - get over it. With an SD660 that should have been evident before you even opened the box. Just accept your expectations were F'd up from the beginning, and move on.
    09-09-18 10:17 PM
    Houston, we have a problem: the Key2 DOES have a good camera. Excellent even, depending on the situation. Just not flagship level.

These same old complaints about the inadequacy of the Key2 camera are beginning to smack of sheer stupidity. The camera isn't flagship material, never was - get over it. With an SD660 that should have been evident before you even opened the box. Just accept your expectations were F'd up from the beginning, and move on.
    I am sure you were saying the same thing when BlackBerry decided not to move to android, and subsequently lost the battle.

"Who needs android, BB10 is very good....."
    09-09-18 10:58 PM
    I am sure you were saying the same thing when BlackBerry decided not to move to android, and subsequently lost the battle.

"Who needs android, BB10 is very good....."
    You've lost it. Show me a phone with a 660 that has a flagship-level camera? Anyone who expected that was nuts anyway.

Seriously, you people need to find a new hobby...
    09-10-18 12:25 AM
    You've lost it. Show me a phone with a 660 that has a flagship-level camera? Anyone who expected that was nuts anyway.

A mid-range spec phone, should have a mid range price tag. That's what consumers expected.

A mid-range phone with high-end price tag, you should expect people will complain, especially a phone in 2018 is supposed to be better in anywhere compared to the previous generation. But it is NOT.

Again, as consumers, we don't need to know or don't care why the phone is that expensive. To us, the phone is expensive. It is TCL/BBM's job to reduce their costs, not us to understand their difficulties. This is buyers market not sellers atm.
    Last edited by Fred Wu; 09-10-18 at 12:44 AM.
    stephencooke likes this.
    09-10-18 12:32 AM
    I think people are very hard on the key2 camera. I own a note 9. I did a blind photo test of outdoor photos with my girlfriend where I sent her two photos one from key2 and one from note 9, she actually picked the key2 photo as better.

So I really think people are a little too hard on the camera. That being said, the note 9 low light on photos completely blow the key2 away. It's not even close.
    stephencooke likes this.
    09-10-18 12:46 AM

Try the OnePlus 6 for starters. Sub $600
    09-10-18 01:20 AM
    I think people are very hard on the key2 camera. I own a note 9. I did a blind photo test of outdoor photos with my girlfriend where I sent her two photos one from key2 and one from note 9, she actually picked the key2 photo as better.

So I really think people are a little too hard on the camera. That being said, the note 9 low light on photos completely blow the key2 away. It's not even close.
    If conditions aren't perfect, the Key2 will lose photo comparisons with all current flagships (along with every single phone that costs what it costs). That's why it's considered bad.
    09-10-18 01:20 AM

Why do you have two phones?
    09-10-18 01:21 AM
    IMHO I think TCL does have the ability to get the camera end of things right, if they really wanted too, yet chooses not too because they are relying too much on BB's past (PKB / Security aspects) as their saviours. Since BB's cameras were never a thing I think they thought no one would notice LOL. Who knows, could just be a sideline business for TCL that they don't really care about.

Yeah I find that excuse "enterprise users don't need a good camera" overly used these days. Back "when" they had little choice if one wanted a PKB, same goes for today. So of course those wanting a PKB had no choice but to give up something in lieu of.

Think a company not looking forward (future) is going to have a rocky go of it. Rough world out there and the niche market will only sustain one for so long.
    I do agree camera is more important today then it was few years ago. I would think TCL making the alcatel phones also they could get it at least better. It would make it an extra sales point because many people find it important today.

They kind of made the same mistake with BB10. Software was great and way better but they released it to late. When everyone was already in iphone and Samsung land.

It they would have released it few years before who knows, everyone would use a bb10 phone today and they would have staid market leader.
    But instead they ignored the needs of the market and the competition and kept what they thought was what people wanted resulting in current situation.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-10-18 02:19 AM
    I do agree camera is more important today then it was few years ago. I would think TCL making the alcatel phones also they could get it at least better. It would make it an extra sales point because many people find it important today.

They kind of made the same mistake with BB10. Software was great and way better but they released it to late. When everyone was already in iphone and Samsung land.

It they would have released it few years before who knows, everyone would use a bb10 phone today and they would have staid market leader.
    But instead they ignored the needs of the market and the competition and kept what they thought was what people wanted resulting in current situation.
    Companies have to get their "game on" in today's mobile world if they expect to succeed, being lackadaisical about it and people start to look elsewhere.

And that is some of the reasons I left BB on 2012, too many broken promises and they were slow at getting things out of the gate while others were making substantial leaps forward.

TCL needs to start bringing the whole package to the table even if it means more concessions on their part, truly don't think the PKB and BB's Software is enough these days to sustain them in the long term. Especially if consumer pricing is going to rise like the KEY2 did, that'll surely have a negative impact if they cheap out on certain aspects when one is paying a relative premium - price, slow getting out of the gate (available for purchase) and the thought of the camera being less than stellar were a few reasons I decided not to purchase, surely we weren't alone here.
    Last edited by Elky64; 09-10-18 at 06:51 PM.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    09-10-18 05:21 AM
    Why do you have two phones?
    Comment just suggested the Key2 camera was better than the Note 9 LMAO

Seriously - just look at the reviews, they consistently say the same thing, the camera isn't even "ok", it's outright BAD - reviewers words, not mine.

Can't take comments like these "I compared them side by side and gee, my gf picked the key2 photos as being better guys!" seriously smh...

09-10-18 05:42 AM
    Try the OnePlus 6 for starters. Sub $600
    Yup - the oneplus devices, the LG devices as well.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 is now selling for $720 CAD before taxes.

The KEYone is still $649 CAD, $699 for the black edition.

If you're spending full msrp for these bbmo devices because you need a pkb on your phone I feel really sorry for you because you're not getting value for your money.

The KEY2 LE is mid range pricing for low range phone specs - again, TCL has the pricing completely wrong.

09-10-18 05:48 AM
    Edited bc photobucket sux
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 09-11-18 at 01:07 AM.
    conite likes this.
    09-10-18 06:04 AM
169 1234 ...