No valid number ever came from BB itself though
    Doesn't matter anyway. We know that number has to be a lot higher than the numbers who frequent this site...by orders of magnitude...in order for a business case to even exist for the Key2. So the statement about only CB members buying BlackBerry devices can be easily dismissed as a ridiculous exaggeration.

That most of the complainers and BlackBerry naysayers are hanging out here, that's another issue entirely...
    09-15-18 12:02 PM
    Doesn't matter anyway. We know that number has to be a lot higher than the numbers who frequent this site...by orders of magnitude...in order for a business case to even exist for the Key2. So the statement about only CB members buying BlackBerry devices can be easily dismissed as a ridiculous exaggeration.

That most of the complainers and BlackBerry naysayers are hanging out here, that's another issue entirely...
    Yeah it’s kind of opposity when people here say that this device is overprice due to small number in production, where I could find millions (and still counting) device isn’t small number either
    09-15-18 01:14 PM
    The K2 ca is simply not in the same league as the N8.
    But the OP was talking about the Samsung Note 8, not the Nokia N8.
    09-15-18 01:35 PM
    Yeah it’s kind of opposity when people here say that this device is overprice due to small number in production, where I could find millions (and still counting) device isn’t small number either
    What???
    09-15-18 03:25 PM
    But the OP was talking about the Samsung Note 8, not the Nokia N8.
    N8 = abbreviation for “Note 8”. We were talking about the Note 8 so I simply abbreviated it to N8
    09-15-18 06:40 PM
    note 8's camera is off the charts compared to the key2. But remember the Note 8 is almost double the cost, you get what you pay for.
    09-15-18 11:14 PM
    note 8's camera is off the charts compared to the key2. But remember the Note 8 is almost double the cost, you get what you pay for.
    Nah you can get a Note 8 for under $700 Canadian on Craigslist now. Samsung phones always nose-dive in resale value, almost as much as Blackberries do. Only iPhones retain value, because like you said, you get what you pay for.
    09-15-18 11:43 PM
    Who's ever, ever bought a BB for the performance of its camera? Are we really going to start today?
    That said, I do hope BlackBerry gets the message that people do want a better camera in their BlackBerry phone.
    09-16-18 07:54 AM
    That said, I do hope BlackBerry gets the message that people do want a better camera in their BlackBerry phone.
    BBMo/TCL knows that people want different things. Unfortunately, for near-term, it has to balance wants and needs with price since it starts the morning and ends the night paying a BBTax for licensing the brand, software and PKB features. If you pick a different phone, then better camera optimization is possible for same or less money. BlackBerry Mobile hopes everyone gets the message, it’s a niche device. It can’t be everything to everyone.
    09-16-18 09:00 AM
    Nah you can get a Note 8 for under $700 Canadian on Craigslist now. Samsung phones always nose-dive in resale value, almost as much as Blackberries do. Only iPhones retain value, because like you said, you get what you pay for.
    Yes you're right. I just sold mine for 600 lnib on kijiji. However, I'm talking about buying it new in store. The note 8 is still almost double the price of the key2. The Note 8 is a beast I never enjoyed a phone so much since when the Blackberry Bold 9000 first came out.
    09-16-18 09:13 AM
    Unfortunately, when production is done in small lots instead of single run, costs are higher. Components are more expensive when not off the shelf held inventory.
    09-16-18 09:28 AM
    BBMo/TCL knows that people want different things. Unfortunately, for near-term, it has to balance wants and needs with price since it starts the morning and ends the night paying a BBTax for licensing the brand, software and PKB features. If you pick a different phone, then better camera optimization is possible for same or less money. BlackBerry Mobile hopes everyone gets the message, it’s a niche device. It can’t be everything to everyone.

I do think the niche exists for a key2 or key3 at flagship level. Ok BlackBerry premium aside, still room for improvement. The mid level is also now over saturated.
    09-16-18 10:20 AM
    I do think the niche exists for a key2 or key3 at flagship level. Ok BlackBerry premium aside, still room for improvement. The mid level is also now over saturated.
    Which explains the LE model. Even Apple is better supporting lower end with XR model. BBMo/TCL is really needing carrier sales and carrier support. Hopefully the LE accomplishes this like the Curve did over decade ago. The lower end allowed consumers entry point to gamble. If the LE doesn’t succeed with carriers and consumers, I’m not sure where BBMo/TCL goes except to renegotiate terms of license.
    09-16-18 10:23 AM
    Which explains the LE model. Even Apple is better supporting lower end with XR model. BBMo/TCL is really needing carrier sales and carrier support. Hopefully the LE accomplishes this like the Curve did over decade ago. The lower end allowed consumers entry point to gamble. If the LE doesn’t succeed with carriers and consumers, I’m not sure where BBMo/TCL goes except to renegotiate terms of license.
    I think the LE will easily outsell the KEY2
    09-16-18 10:30 AM
    I think the LE will easily outsell the KEY2
    I’m more concerned about carrier partners at this point. No carriers means no sales and support.
    09-16-18 10:48 AM
    I’m more concerned about carrier partners at this point. No carriers means no sales and support.
    If AT&T picked up the KEYone, wouldn't they want to give the LE a shot?

And since I'm not seeing the atomic on bbmobile's official website, I'm wondering if they're saving it as a carrier exclusive like Verizon for example
    09-16-18 10:57 AM

And since I'm not seeing the atomic on bbmobile's official website, I'm wondering if they're saving it as a carrier exclusive like Verizon for example
    From looking into the OS there's no American carrier interested in a branded version of the KEY2 LE. Perhaps AT&T's experiences with the KEYone are why their branded Motion and KEY2 never happened.
    09-16-18 11:04 AM
    From looking into the OS there's no American carrier interested in a branded version of the KEY2 LE. Perhaps AT&T's experiences with the KEYone are why their branded Motion and KEY2 never happened.
    You’re killing me... slowly killing my hope for AT&T devices ever again. LMAO
    09-16-18 11:15 AM

Poor sales or lower than expected sales.
    09-16-18 11:21 AM
169 ... 567