There is no scenario that involves them losing money so you can feel better about buying a phone from them.

They are priced at exactly what it takes for them to stay in business and (hopefully) provide ROI for their shareholders.
    I don’t feel better, I feel nothing even if they loose money. I just don’t want to feel at loss by buying a phone that I don’t think worth the price for priority’s sake, but who cares?

If buying their phone will make them stay in the bussiness, then help them (but I won’t), become healthy, so that they’re able to come with more reasonable priced to hardware device. Then I’ll join you in the sun.
    09-10-18 10:00 PM
    Reading is such a drag, isnt it? The Oneplus 6 is not running a 660, and the OnePlus 6 is still not up to the level of other flagships.
    Zenfone 5, Mi 8 SE

Why bother with sd660? Most 660 devices don’t come at $6xx tag that unreasonable to have a dissapoinment-level of camera
    09-10-18 10:04 PM
    Here's the Note8
    you suck at taking photos for one, at least set the orientation right
    markusbeutel likes this.
    09-10-18 10:36 PM
    Zenfone 5, Mi 8 SE

Why bother with sd660? Most 660 devices don’t come at $6xx tag that unreasonable to have a dissapoinment-level of camera
    We've already gone over this ad nauseum. There is a premium to own a BlackBerry. Regardless of the chipset used, regardless of the camera specs. You don't like it, you don't think it's worth paying for. Good for you. But your underlying reasoning about the camera still makes absolutely no sense.

No camera on a 660 based system is ever going to outperform one on an 845 based one. To any thinking person, that means comparing a BlackBerry camera supported by a 660 chipset to any current flagship device's camera is already an asinine exercise. Even more so due the BlackBerry price premium for branding, hardened OS, and BlackBerry apps.

Of course, that won't stop some people from trying, regardless of how dumb a comparison it may be.
    09-10-18 10:41 PM
    We've already gone over this ad nauseum. There is a premium to own a BlackBerry. Regardless of the chipset used, regardless of the camera specs. You don't like it, you don't think it's worth paying for. Good for you. But your underlying reasoning about the camera still makes absolutely no sense.

No camera on a 660 based system is ever going to outperform one on an 845 based one. To any thinking person, that means comparing a BlackBerry camera supported by a 660 chipset to any current flagship device's camera is already an asinine exercise.
    There it is. The price is simply to buy the branding, nothing else is special except that premium (under) feel. Despite double typing, overheating problem, pop-out/replace-able screen, poor reception, bluetooth issues, anything else is just arguably premium LOL.

Yeah maybe none of 660 devices has comparable camera as 845 devices, but there is a company that willingly to sell it at the 8xx price tag due to premium feeling it provide. Makes no sense.
    Last edited by chain13; 09-11-18 at 01:09 AM.
    09-10-18 10:51 PM
    There it is. The price is simply to buy the branding, nothing else is special except that premium (under) feel. Despite double typing, overheating problem, pop-out/replace-able screen, poor reception, bluetooth issues, anything else is just premium.

Yeah maybe none of 660 devices has comparable camera as 845 devices, but there is a company that willingly to sell it at the 8xx price tag due to premium feeling it provide. Makes no sense.
    If you say so. I'm happy with mine.

And the camera is still pretty decent, IMO. I've managed to get some great pics so far. And I'm looking forward to further (additional) improvements.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-10-18 10:59 PM
    If you say so. I'm happy with mine.

And the camera is still pretty decent, IMO. I've managed to get some great pics so far. And I'm looking forward to further (additional) improvements.
    Good then, happy with the brand

Premium LOL 🤣
    Last edited by chain13; 09-11-18 at 04:20 AM.
    09-10-18 11:24 PM
    did the key2 not get a camera App update?? thus fixing some of these concerns
    09-11-18 12:01 AM
    did the key2 not get a camera App update?? thus fixing some of these concerns
    It still takes 2010 quality photos in non-ideal (perfect) conditions.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-11-18 12:05 AM
    you suck at taking photos for one, at least set the orientation right
    Lmfaoooo, smd
    09-11-18 01:04 AM
    The camera on the Key2 is a joke, especially when compared with modern flagships. The pictures that it takes are extremely grainy and soft.
    09-11-18 07:35 AM

No camera on a 660 based system is ever going to outperform one on an 845 based one. To any thinking person, that means comparing a BlackBerry camera supported by a 660 chipset to any current flagship device's camera is already an asinine exercise. Even more so due the BlackBerry price premium for branding, hardened OS, and BlackBerry apps.

Of course, that won't stop some people from trying, regardless of how dumb a comparison it may be.
    Except that plenty of people on CB do compare them - and make absurd claims that the camera is either on-par or outperform these flagships devices - even in the light of every single review saying the KEY2 camera is WORSE than the KEYone's lol. There's no point at all to even comparing the TCL device's cameras to iphones and Samsungs - not even to the Samsung mid-range line....and yet every year people on CB make the same asinine comparisons.

It's hilarious seeing some of the comments - "oh my wife thinks my key2 takes better pictures than the note 8" as if this is relevant to the discussion.
    markusbeutel and pdr733 like this.
    09-11-18 07:55 AM
    Good then, happy with the brand

Premium LOL
    Yes, definitely premium. In most every sense that matters to ME. And I imagine, quite a number of other BlackBerry fans.

If paying extra for a BlackBerry is not your thing, stick with the herd. That's sort of, you know, what niche is all about. Duh.
    09-11-18 08:09 AM
    Except that plenty of people on CB do compare them - and make absurd claims that the camera is either on-par or outperform these flagships devices - even in the light of every single review saying the KEY2 camera is WORSE than the KEYone's lol. There's no point at all to even comparing the TCL device's cameras to iphones and Samsungs - not even to the Samsung mid-range line....and yet every year people on CB make the same asinine comparisons.

It's hilarious seeing some of the comments - "oh my wife thinks my key2 takes better pictures than the note 8" as if this is relevant to the discussion.
    I agree that comparing the camera to a flagship is a non-starter. There are many reviews all over the map, and while there is some consensus on low-light performance, there appears to be no consensus on daylight and/or when comparing to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Techradar:

"The BlackBerry Key2’s 12MP camera takes fine photos in daylight and its 2x optical zoom is handy. Everything is better than the KeyOne, and the 8MP front-facing camera does the same.

DigitalTrends:

"The Key2 has a solid camera that can take great photos, but you may not want to pull it out when you’re at the club. We’re more surprised at how well Portrait Mode works (a feature not available on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ), though the feature is tricky to find in the camera app at a quick glance. The camera manages to identify the edges of a subject really well, and it applies a good blur to the background, bringing a strong focus to the primary subject."
    Last edited by conite; 09-11-18 at 08:45 AM.
    09-11-18 08:32 AM

Sure, but what's 'better' is relative to the user. And 'worse' compared to what? Sensor size/quality? OIS? Lens? Post processing? You can argue specs until you're blue in the face, but to most people it means nothing. So for someone to say their Key2 is taking 'as good' photos as a Note8 to THEM...I don't think that should be dismissed. An iPhone 8 has a 326ppi LCD screen. How many real life user complaints have there been about the screen on an iPhone 8? Are people not buying them because of it, or consider it a "bad value" ? Meanwhile the Key2 does 100ppi better than that, and it's garbage because it's not a 6" QHD OLED panel?

Funny how that works...every time someone compares a BlackBerry to something else, it's always to someone else's flagship - even though everything on the spec sheet flies in the face of that - and the features we ARE paying extra for are completely dismissed.

I think we've all had enough of this idiocy...
    09-11-18 08:55 AM
    Sure, but what's 'better' is relative to the user. And 'worse' compared to what? Sensor size/quality? OIS? Lens? Post processing? You can argue specs until you're blue in the face, but to most people it means nothing. So for someone to say their Key2 is taking 'as good' photos as a Note8 to THEM...I don't think that should be dismissed. An iPhone 8 has a 326ppi LCD screen. How many real life user complaints have there been about the screen on an iPhone 8? Are people not buying them because of it, or consider it a "bad value" ? Meanwhile the Key2 does 100ppi better than that, and it's garbage because it's not a 6" QHD OLED panel?

Funny how that works...every time someone compares a BlackBerry to something else, it's always to someone else's flagship - even though everything on the spec sheet flies in the face of that - and the features we ARE paying extra for are completely dismissed.

I think we've all had enough of this idiocy...
    There hasn't been the sheer amount of complaints on the iPhone 8's screen - this alone tells you something about the relevance of the numbers you keep posting. But the criticism for the KEYone and KEY2 screen on the other hand, are consistent and common. So keep posting the numbers/data as if they alone tell the whole story.

I'm not the one who created this thread titled "KEY2 Camera vs Note camera"

I think you summed up your post quite well with your last line man lol

Let's move on - it's only embarrassing to Blackberry users how hard you clutch onto what amounts to fantasy at this point.
    Fred Wu, markusbeutel and pdr733 like this.
    09-11-18 09:50 AM
    There hasn't been the sheer amount of complaints on the iPhone 8's screen - this alone tells you something about the relevance of the numbers you keep posting. But the criticism for the KEYone and KEY2 screen on the other hand, are consistent and common. So keep posting the numbers/data as if they alone tell the whole story.

I'm not the one who created this thread titled "KEY2 Camera vs Note camera"

I think you summed up your post quite well with your last line man lol

Let's move on - it's only embarrassing to Blackberry users how hard you clutch onto what amounts to fantasy at this point.
    No offence but 'idiocy' was in reference to posts like yours, actually. Lol.
    09-11-18 10:03 AM
    Yes, definitely premium. In most every sense that matters to ME.
    Buahahahahaha 🤣 Premium
    09-11-18 10:25 AM
    Buahahahahaha Premium
    And yours...
    09-11-18 10:32 AM
    Buahahahahaha Premium
    It absolutely is.

Don't confuse premium with across-the-board flagship specs.

Solid construction, durable, excellent fit&finish, quality frame.
    Kraeutermann and chain13 like this.
    09-11-18 10:56 AM
    There it is. The price is simply to buy the branding, nothing else is special except that premium (under) feel. Despite double typing, overheating problem, pop-out/replace-able screen, poor reception, bluetooth issues, anything else is just arguably premium LOL.

If you don't turn on the device and try to use it - it can be debatable I guess about the premium feeling it provides.

But once you turn it on and start using it, there's nothing premium feeling about it.

Even the BB launcher and HUB, worked better on a Samsung than it did on the TCL devices - like whatever it is BB is doing with the software, hasn't been polished yet and it's been 3 years since the Priv launched...if this is for the sake of security then sure, but are there even any enterprise/security sensitive organizations that have mass purchased them?

Answer is no - only a small handful of people from CB seem to be buying these devices.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-11-18 11:48 AM
    ...only a small handful of people from CB seem to be buying these devices.
    More like only a small handful of people are on CB complaining about them. In some cases, just making sh!t up.

At least one million (and counting) are buying, and enjoying.
    xtef likes this.
    09-11-18 01:25 PM
    If you don't turn on the device and try to use it - it can be debatable I guess about the premium feeling it provides.
    I've used my device since launch day, and put in over 6 hours of screen on time per day on average. I'm not sure what your personal stats are on the device - upon which you base your conclusion.

It would seem that your objective is not to suggest that the device isn't for you personally, but is to somehow prove the device is no good for anyone.
    xtef likes this.
    09-11-18 01:29 PM
    I've had good turnout of low light photos. This was taken on a whim, in the middle of the night.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lCv...w?usp=drivesdk

Another:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1raa...w?usp=drivesdk

and:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XJp...w?usp=drivesdk
    09-13-18 12:25 PM
    At least one million (and counting) are buying, and enjoying.
    No valid number ever came from BB itself though
    09-15-18 08:53 AM
169 ... 4567