Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have the KEYone BE. Camera is good. Can anyone who has had experience with both comment on how the Key2 camera compares to the KEYone?
    08-19-19 07:18 PM
    I have the KEYone BE. Camera is good. Can anyone who has had experience with both comment on how the Key2 camera compares to the KEYone?
    KEY² camera has bokeh and 2x optical zoom - both of which I use quite a bit.

Some argue that low light performance isn't as good on the KEY², but I think they are comparable.
    08-19-19 07:36 PM
    They are about the same picture quality. A few more gimmicks on the K2. Note, it has improved much since launch through updates and I would say it is at par with K1, which in my opinion was not bad for a BlackBerry.

PS - I did own both.
    08-19-19 07:54 PM
    I own both. Some things seem better on the one and some are better on the other. (Subjective opinion). I take a lot of photos and they do seem to behave differently. As for low light, I have gotten some good results with the KEY2 in spite of what had been said. You can also use the manual tools and get good results with them.
    I heard a photographer say, who gives courses, that people need to take lots of photos to get to know what a specific camera can do.
    I haven't had the KEY2 very long (about 6-7 weeks) so I am still learning how it behaves and what it can do.
    08-20-19 03:39 AM
    I have the K1 BE and LE. The BE seems better in general. I had no idea how to get the Bokeh effect on the LE until now. Use Portrait mode for depth effect. I use the LE camera for practically everything, but only expect mediocre snaps quality.
    It fails the most in contrast light and low light situations. on our last trip away I got my wife to take some of the photos with her S7. Manage expectations and enjoy the phone's other benefits.
    08-20-19 04:18 AM
    I have the K1 BE and LE. The BE seems better in general. I had no idea how to get the Bokeh effect on the LE until now. Use Portrait mode for depth effect. I use the LE camera for practically everything, but only expect mediocre snaps quality.
    It fails the most in contrast light and low light situations. on our last trip away I got my wife to take some of the photos with her S7. Manage expectations and enjoy the phone's other benefits.
    Here's a photo I took this morning in Poole, UK, in portrait mode then screenshot to bring it closer. no other effects. LE.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 camera vs. KEYone camera-28046.jpg  
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-20-19 09:51 AM
    I moved to a KEY2 from a KEYone earlier this year, and was a bit worried about the general consensus that the KEY2 camera was nowhere near as good as the KEYone. In my experience, pictures have been sharp, clear, and have good colour, which is about what I expect from a phone camera. Low light pictures do suffer when compared to the KEYone, but overall I'm not disappointed. Updates to the software since launch may have helped = I got into a KEY2 later in the game. YMMV
    08-20-19 07:19 PM
    I've been impressed with the camera. The portrait mode goes a bit ott with the bokeh effect sometimes, and the file size seems low (when I upload photos onto photobox it warns me they are of average quality, not high res enough to blow up into large prints). Good light photos are beeter than my wife's Galaxy S7. Example below (shores of Loch Ness).
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 camera vs. KEYone camera-46043.jpg  
    hamilgs likes this.
    08-21-19 09:21 AM
    I was under the impression that the processor in the K2 LE was a downgrade from the K2? Is this not the case?

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 03:20 PM
    I was under the impression that the processor in the K2 LE was a downgrade from the K2? Is this not the case?

Posted with my Passport
    The 636 is essentially a down-clocked 660.
    08-21-19 03:21 PM
    The 636 is essentially a down-clocked 660.
    Sorry, meant camera processing, sensor, etc...

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 03:24 PM

Posted with my Passport
    All the same with regards to SoC. Sensor and optics are different.
    Last edited by conite; 08-21-19 at 03:55 PM.
    08-21-19 03:29 PM
    Ah ok. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 03:35 PM

Posted with my Passport
    I'm pretty sure the KEY2 packs a better shooter than the LE
    08-21-19 03:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure the KEY2 packs a better shooter than the LE
    Sensor and optics, yes.
    08-21-19 03:53 PM
    I have both the KEYone and KEY2 and I have not noticed a great deal of difference in picture quality between the two. As indicated elsewhere, there are more photo features with KEY2.
    08-23-19 03:09 PM
    The KEY2 has the portrait mode which I have used some for macro shots. This feature is not available on the KEYone.
    08-24-19 01:21 PM