05-21-18 07:03 PM
    Second picture he has tweeted.

Excellent clarity and contrast.
    05-21-18 07:22 PM
    Looking good
    05-21-18 07:30 PM
    Huge kudos to Thurber for posting these pics. Of course, this could be "not final" camera software and Thurber could be a lousy photographer, but something tells me the Key2 will now boast TWO mediocre cameras. Look at all the noise and poor dynamic range. I know Twitter reduces the quality but still.
    pdxj36, marameansdemon and WT44 like this.
    05-22-18 02:23 AM
    Huge kudos to Thurber for posting these pics. Of course, this could be "not final" camera software and Thurber could be a lousy photographer, but something tells me the Key2 will now boast TWO mediocre cameras. Look at all the noise and poor dynamic range. I know Twitter reduces the quality but still.
    Not to mention that CB forums also reduces the quality. So between twitter and here, quite a difference from the original quality I believe
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-22-18 02:58 AM
    How Canadian is that? Geese using the crosswalk, lol
    05-22-18 10:54 AM
    Awesome . Very clear picture .
    05-23-18 01:51 AM
    Having tried to photograph walking geese from a similar distance, I maintain that the photo of the geese shows that KEY2 takes pretty good photos, especially given how Twitter and CB reduce the quality of photos. There is also the aspect of the software potentially still being improved more before release. But it is hard to measure a camera's performance by a couple of photos. We will know more pretty soon. The camera is an important feature to me so I will be watching closely.
    05-24-18 12:43 PM
    Bla1ze - is this potentially using Google's camera software?
    05-24-18 02:38 PM
    One more shot posted today on twitter
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 camera sample images FWIW-123228.jpg  
    05-24-18 06:19 PM
    How Canadian is that? Geese using the crosswalk, lol
    They are jaywalking
    05-24-18 06:32 PM
    Awesome . Very clear picture .
    It's probably the clearest picture of erb street I have ever seen....i spent a lot off drunken nights along there in University
    mithrazor and IndianTiwari like this.
    05-24-18 06:58 PM
    It's probably the clearest picture of erb street I have ever seen....i spent a lot off drunken nights along there in University
    I agree with you this is best ever camera in any BlackBerry device .
    On a lighter side If you drink too much then the vision will be blurred but this camera pictures quality is amazing ...lol...
    Carjackd and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-25-18 12:35 AM
    Nowadays every modern smartphone makes wonderful daylight pictures made outside. Those BB KeyTwo pics do not look any worse than the pics that my old iPhone 6/KeyOne/Priv would make outside when the weather conditions are as good as in these pics.

Members here always have these excuses on why photos aren't THAT bad, they say: *it's because Twitter reduces photo quality, that's why....; It's because CrackBerry reduces photo quality etc, that's why.... No, it wouldn't be any better when a link to the original photos were being uploaded and pics shown in original size. What was the saying again: you can put lipstick on a pig etc.

When Alex would have big balls, he would post pictures made at evening/night (outside and inside) plus pix with the selfie cam under similar "bad" lighting conditions. Only then you will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff regarding camera quality.

BTW: Priv made better inside pictures than KeyOne. Selfie cam is crap on both.
    I think "little dracula" could be right with his post....And that's a waste, since we all know that since SMCV found another job, we can't expect (many) (or better said: any) camera (software/post processing related) improvements any longer, after the initial release of a BB/TCL phone.
    Last edited by WT44; 05-25-18 at 09:40 AM.
    guizmox and marameansdemon like this.
    05-25-18 08:49 AM
    Nowadays every modern smartphone makes wonderful daylight pictures made outside. Those BB KeyTwo pics do not look any worse than the pics that my old iPhone 6/KeyOne/Priv would make outside when the weather conditions are as good as in these pics.

Members here always have these excuses on why photos aren't THAT bad, they say: *it's because Twitter reduces photo quality, that's why....; It's because CrackBerry reduces photo quality etc, that's why.... No, it wouldn't be any better when a link to the original photos were being uploaded and pics shown in original size. What was the saying again: you can put lipstick on a pig etc.

When Alex would have big balls, he would post pictures made at evening/night (outside and inside) plus pix with the selfie cam under similar "bad" lighting conditions. Only then you will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff regarding camera quality.

I think "little dracula" could be right with his post....And that's a waste, since we all know that since SMCV found another job, we can't expect (many) (or better said: any) camera (software/post processing related) improvements any longer, after the initial release of a BB/TCL phone.
    But even so, we still don't know if they're taking with final camera hardware/software...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-25-18 04:03 PM
    We don't know, but I would be pretty surprised if they didn't have the camera nailed down this late in the game.
    05-25-18 09:11 PM
    First pic is mediocre! Second pic is spectacular for a BlackBerry! Cheers,
    05-25-18 11:48 PM

I don't get it? You are expecting professional quality out of a cell phone? Any cell phone? You're mad! Get a proper Canon camera and then we are talking! It's a cell phone for God's sakes!!! Just a little reality check! Cheers,
    thekidshop likes this.
    05-25-18 11:54 PM
    But even so, we still don't know if they're taking with final camera hardware/software...
    Let's hope you're right, but knowing that the phone gets announced/released next week and thus knowing that the phone probably is distributed already to several markets/major vendors etc (if they have learned from the Priv/KeyOne launch debacle), I can't imagine that they are still able to change the cam hardware/software ATM. I also don't think that Thurber is using some old prototype seeing that release date of next week.

I don't get it? You are expecting professional quality out of a cell phone? Any cell phone? You're mad! Get a proper Canon camera and then we are talking! It's a cell phone for God's sakes!!! Just a little reality check! Cheers,
    Well, you would probably "get it" if you would stop twisting peoples words or would interpret stuff wrongly pour les besoins de la cause. NEVER did I mention that I expect professional quality out of a cell phone. I was talking about photo quality among MODERN (read: flagship) SMARTPHONES. Are you sure my post could not be interpreted in such a way that I was actually comparing to or expecting Hasselblad/Phase One quality out of that phone camera? I bet you could, in some kind of twisted way LOL.
    05-26-18 02:56 AM
    Let's hope you're right, but knowing that the phone gets announced/released next week and thus knowing that the phone probably is distributed already to several markets/major vendors etc (if they have learned from the Priv/KeyOne launch debacle), I can't imagine that they are still able to change the cam hardware/software ATM. I also don't think that Thurber is using some old prototype seeing that release date of next week.

I have taken numerous photos in low light with my KEYone that have come out very well. Most of them I don't post. It is also so that there are tools that can lighten the photos after they are taken. If HDR is used the tools on the phone can make details emerge that you don't realize the camera captured. I do miss SMCV because he interacted with us here and implemented several things we brought up for the Priv camera.
    As for the comments about the reduced quality with uploading, this is not an excuse. I have noticed this with my own photos. The only way to compare the camera with other cell phone cameras would to upload photos side by side.
    05-26-18 03:33 AM
    From KEYone, I would assume the improvement from KEY2KEY2 camera sample images FWIW-img_20171226_1912463.jpgKEY2 camera sample images FWIW-img_20171223_2000465.jpg
    05-26-18 06:24 AM
    Well, if I misinterpreted your comment, I do apologize. The reality of phone cameras is that they are quick, convenient and absolutely mediocre at best. Discussing high quality pics from a phone is like discussing a Toyota Corolla's cornering capabilities! lol.
    05-26-18 10:30 AM
    I have taken numerous photos in low light with my KEYone that have come out very well. Most of them I don't post. It is also so that there are tools that can lighten the photos after they are taken. If HDR is used the tools on the phone can make details emerge that you don't realize the camera captured. I do miss SMCV because he interacted with us here and implemented several things we brought up for the Priv camera.
    As for the comments about the reduced quality with uploading, this is not an excuse. I have noticed this with my own photos. The only way to compare the camera with other cell phone cameras would to upload photos side by side.
    The KeyOne's performance under low-light conditions outdoors is okay/good at best when you're taking photographs of well-lit buildings/neon signs and what not , but where I found that it especially struggles is under low-light/artificial light conditions outdoors when you're photographing people (back cam and selfie cam in particular). Or when shooting indoors. I'm very "boring", so most of my photos are taken in the living room of my family/friends/pets. The quality of the KeyOne back cam is just mediocre at best (read: compared to other modern flagship phones). Not only the infamous watercolor post-processing effect, but also the colors and clarity is off. For example if you would take a photograph of your bookshelves with books that have many different colored dust-jackets, you'll notice that on the photos the colors are just "washed out" and the titles can't even be read any longer (if you took that photo from 2 meters distance in low light and with flash). Even with the Priv, I could manage to get more accurate and more vibrant colors, and the titles were readable.

The flash on the KeyOne is also worse compared to the flash on the Priv. It is as if the second flash is less powerful and gets limited to not give a full potential flash somehow. Priv didn't had that flash limit (it was powerful, sometimes even too powerful when taking a photo at the evening/night), so low-light indoor photos were better lit with the Priv without the need for an photo edit app to get a better result. Even if you could get a better light exposure with software afterwards or with manual mode, the quality is just not the same as on the Priv. The same goes for the selfie cam of the Priv/KeyOne. I just don't get it: 8MP and even in the sun at 2pm, I just can't get a proper selfie without my skin lacking all details. I want to see all zits damnit LOL. It's just stupid to have to use the back cam to get proper selfies.

That being said, seeing the history of BlackBerry cameras, I think we'll just get two mediocre back cams and the same sh*tty 8MP frontface cam that we have on the KeyOne. We can only tell if there will be an improvement, if photos were taken under the conditions I mentioned, because all modern smartphones will nowadays more or less perform equally good-great outside when the weather conditions are great or at night of well-lit buildings. All this jabber of same cam as Pixel etc. it's worthless. I still have my old Ipad (3rd generation 2012 with 5 MP back cam and 0.3 MP selfie cam: sheesh, they take better indoor photos and selfies than both my Priv and KeyOne. That's just not the way it's supposed to be....Same goes for my old iPhone 6 (8MP/1.2MP) it just smashes the outcome of the photos taken with both my Priv and KeyOne under EVERY condition for both cameras.....If I wasn't hooked on KeyBoards I would have abandoned the ship already a long time ago. But touch screen keyboards are just whack.

Well, if I misinterpreted your comment, I do apologize. The reality of phone cameras is that they are quick, convenient and absolutely mediocre at best. Discussing high quality pics from a phone is like discussing a Toyota Corolla's cornering capabilities! lol.
    No problem. Like I said, I never meant to compare to DSLR camera's or expect similar results, I only compared to other modern (flagship) smartphones, especially when you read about KeyOne always being applauded because it has the same cam as the Google Pixel and that it can't me mediocre because of this reason alone. It's BS LOL. Yea, sure, in the end every phone cam is terrible compared to DSLR or even a top of the bill point & shoot, but firstly, I don't like to carry along another device, secondly, the photo and video quality of other modern flagship phones are pretty good/great for what they are (phone cam). I just hope that one day BB manages to deliver in cam quality + post processing software that gets the job done under the lighting conditions I mentioned and that we get equally good cameras as other smartphones. Anyway, I will nevertheless get the KeyOne 2 one day, even if it will be overpriced again in my country (I paid approx. €750 = $875) and even if I expect it to have two mediocre cams and the same terrible front face cam that the KeyOne has LOL.
    Last edited by WT44; 05-26-18 at 03:10 PM.
    05-26-18 01:00 PM
    I just hope the camera is an actual app where updates to software come fast and furious!
    WT44 likes this.
    05-26-18 01:48 PM
    Personally, I'm against Dual camera since Google Pixel's have repeatedly proved that all these can be replacated with a simple single lens and a good software. However I welcome optical image stabilization. I feel single camera can keep the phones overall cost low.
    05-26-18 10:08 PM
41 12