First of all, a question. Is the key2 camera better than the keyones?

If yes, why all are trashing it? They praised the keyone camera so much, because it has the pixel sensors.
    Now the key2 has technically a better camera than the pixel and they're just trashing it. And the key2 only costs 50$ more than the keyone cost when released
    06-29-18 09:15 AM
    Because BB bashers will bash BB.

Sorry I just can't come up with a better answer.

Many reviewers nitpick things about the KEY2 that they overlook on the other slabs
    06-29-18 09:18 AM
    Because reviewers are just regular people and no different then anyone else who like tech besides having a platform to talk about it. I don't know why everyone takes these reviewers words as the gospel. They all have biases just like anyone else.
    confuerte and Mecca EL like this.
    06-29-18 09:21 AM
    My theory would be that it's 2018 and phones should have better cameras.
    Last edited by chrispmoto; 06-29-18 at 09:43 AM.
    anon(2695703) likes this.
    06-29-18 09:28 AM
    When BB releases the next OS update, will that make the camera take better pictures or that would happen with the next phone release?

Blackberry Passport SE Silver Edition
    06-29-18 09:43 AM
    and i mean, of course the pixel 2 is technically better for that price. But how old is it now? it's out for a pretty long time already, so of course the price drops and makes a better value. The Key2's price didn't had a chance to drop yet.

and i don't think professional reviewers, which make money with that for a living, should be so biased.
    06-29-18 09:47 AM
    Well Google pixel 2016 still takes better photo IMO.
    06-29-18 09:48 AM
    The camera on the KEYone is average at best. It is reasonable to expect a slight upgrade on the KEY2.
    06-29-18 09:53 AM
    well it is a slight upgrade, or am i wrong?
    06-29-18 09:54 AM
    well it is a slight upgrade, or am i wrong?
    Comparison was already done by a user.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    06-29-18 09:56 AM
    you can't even compare them like this. First the images are more pixelated because the quality gets lower with uploads and especially with thumbnails (i can't click on the picture to zoom in), and second the link doesn't even open in the app but in the browser.
    so i can't really tell that way
    06-29-18 10:10 AM
    I’ve owned both Pixel 1 and 2 XL, tested camera on my brother’s OnePlus 6 and judging by the camera samples in reviews, the Pixels and OnePlus 6 mop the floor with k2 while all of them being in the same price category. Some put it mildly, some put it harsh, but all reviewers said the camera on k2 is basically trash.
    06-29-18 10:37 AM
    you can't even compare them like this. First the images are more pixelated because the quality gets lower with uploads and especially with thumbnails (i can't click on the picture to zoom in), and second the link doesn't even open in the app but in the browser.
    OP let you download the OG files if you scroll down.
    06-29-18 10:37 AM
    First of all, a question. Is the key2 camera better than the keyones?

If yes, why all are trashing it? They praised the keyone camera so much, because it has the pixel sensors.
    Now the key2 has technically a better camera than the pixel and they're just trashing it. And the key2 only costs 50$ more than the keyone cost when released
    Because there are so many choices for phones today & havign a good camera is & has always been very important for a long time.

From the reviews, it seems the camera is very mediocre which to me is unacceptable the price they charge. Unfortunately, I need a PKB so I'm stuck pre-ordering my key2.
    06-29-18 11:13 AM
    I think it takes good photos in well lit areas. I did take this on the sunniest of days and on a boat lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYaBXoHXxS/
    TCM01 likes this.
    06-29-18 11:42 AM
    all reviewers said the camera on k2 is basically trash.
    Well I don't remember them bashing the KEYone so hard last year for its camera
    06-29-18 11:53 AM
    Ive had the Key2 since yesterday. Initial thoughts on the camera quality is that daylight shots are great. Good colours and detail. Haven't really used telephoto lens which all honesty didn't really use on my iPhone X much either so happy with that. Tried a quick bokeh with a can of coke and pretty good from what it did.

Sadly I have to agree that low light shots aren't that great. I found a lot of noise but providing your not blowing the pictures up and just posting to social networks eg instagram, strava they're useable.

But otherwise a fantastic phone. I've upgraded from a KeyOne and love it so far. Hoping a software update may help to enhance the camera a bit more but definitely not a deal breaker.
    06-29-18 12:50 PM
    Well I don't remember them bashing the KEYone so hard last year for its camera
    Yes, k2 reviews seem to be worse, mainly because of the camera.
    06-29-18 02:20 PM
    Yes, k2 reviews seem to be worse, mainly because of the camera.
    That's why i think this is super weird. 2017 is just one year ago. And there still were better cameras at the time Keyone was released, just like now, but they praised it. And the price was similar. So i don't get what's the matter, especially since the hardware is better than last years.

I mean nobody complains that much that for example the galaxy s9 is not much of an upgrade to the s8.
    06-29-18 02:31 PM
    That's why i think this is super weird. 2017 is just one year ago. And there still were better cameras at the time Keyone was released, just like now, but they praised it. And the price was similar. So i don't get what's the matter, especially since the hardware is better than last years.

I mean nobody complains that much that for example the galaxy s9 is not much of an upgrade to the s8.
    I think when the k1 first came out people were surprised and nostalgic to get a good looking and more or less powerful BlackBerry device. Now everyone got used to the fact that TCL makes and markets BlackBerries, so now Key2 is just another contender in the brutal battlefield full of powerful phones.
    06-29-18 02:36 PM
    Because reviewers are just regular people and no different then anyone else who like tech besides having a platform to talk about it. I don't know why everyone takes these reviewers words as the gospel. They all have biases just like anyone else.
    Exactly. Who gives a **** what a reviewer says.
    06-29-18 02:37 PM
    so is the galaxy s8 camera already considered bad? Since the Keyone was on par with it. Not to mention that the s8 cost about 800$ at the launch
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    06-29-18 03:22 PM
    You have available a link to download all the original shots. If you wanna spare 30 sec to do that you can access the dropbox folder where you find KEYone and KEY2 pics..
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-29-18 03:39 PM
    thanks. didn't see that late comment
    06-29-18 03:46 PM
    Exactly. Who gives a **** what a reviewer says.
    A lot of people on the fence about buying something?
    07-01-18 10:08 PM
77 123 ...