I was worried about all the talk on these forums about the poor camera on the KEY2. However, I must say, that after 4 days, it's better than the KEYone.

Actually, the camera is quite excellent! It takes amazing and fast pictures.
    09-23-18 08:05 PM
    Yeah, I have had pretty good luck on balance with the Key2 camera as well. I find it worse in low light than my old iPhone 7 Plus but pretty much on par otherwise.
    09-23-18 08:13 PM
    Really? I have had both and can tell you unequivocally that right now, before further updates on my K2, the K1 has the better camera by quite a margin.
    09-23-18 09:17 PM
    k can anyone comment on the new camera update , and what's it's done to even out the camera in general, in regards to quality?
    everyone shifted on the k2 camera in the beginning, my question is how is it now .
    I took a look at one at the Rodgers store and it's dam nice (black )
    09-24-18 12:07 AM
    Just told you! lmao! Sept. update apparently also tweaks it a bit. Still waiting for update.
    09-24-18 12:13 AM
    I was worried about all the talk on these forums about the poor camera on the KEY2. However, I must say, that after 4 days, it's better than the KEYone.

Actually, the camera is quite excellent! It takes amazing and fast pictures.
    I agree. Much better than the K1.
    09-24-18 12:23 AM
    I'm on the August update and the camera is excellent!
    09-24-18 05:59 AM
    still then the price , way over priced at the moment. I'm quite board of my keyone . looking for upgrade.
    wishing they have an all touch coming out soon ??
    09-24-18 08:08 AM
    I have both k1 and k2 but k1 camera is still better imo.
    09-24-18 10:40 AM
    No, it is not. Low light pictures were much better on K1. See that pic with a locomotive below. I really laughed when I took it, it's pure misery.

Sunny day pictures are not trustworthy either. Camera's brightness dynamic span is not that wide, meaning it adjustes to the brightest or darkest parts of the scene - but will never make any sort of "compromise".

White balance is risky at all circumstances. Details are blurred and generally none.

Low light video is trash. You can even see the splashes during the recording. It's tragedy. I wouldn't bother at all, but K1 was a different level. Sorry, guys. Don't try to call it "work phone" to pardon TCL for this. It's real s**t comparing the competitors. And the only reason why I am not getting one - and keeping it borrowed, which I hate.

Yeah, some shots are fairly OK, but generally, you can't rely on it at all. And that's what counts!!!

INTERESTING FACT: Have you noticed that K1 - the last BlackBerry-in-house designed phone - had good camera? They just saved money (sensor/lens/software/whaterver). Thank God I didn't have to pay for this thing. KEY2 Camera is actually better than the KEYone-img_20180924_1116232.jpg
    09-24-18 10:42 AM
    No, it is not. Low light pictures were much better on K1. See that pic with a locomotive below. I really laughed when I took it, it's pure misery.

Sunny day pictures are not trustworthy either. Camera's brightness dynamic span is not that wide, meaning it adjustes to the brightest or darkest parts of the scene - but will never make any sort of "compromise".

White balance is risky at all circumstances. Details are blurred and generally none.

Low light video is trash. You can even see the splashes during the recording. It's tragedy. I wouldn't bother at all, but K1 was a different level. Sorry, guys. Don't try to call it "work phone" to pardon TCL for this. It's real s**t comparing the competitors. And the only reason why I am not getting one - and keeping it borrowed, which I hate.

Yeah, some shots are fairly OK, but generally, you can't rely on it at all. And that's what counts!!!

INTERESTING FACT: Have you noticed that K1 - the last BlackBerry-in-house designed phone - had good camera? They just saved money (sensor/lens/software/whaterver). Thank God I didn't have to pay for this thing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180924_1116232.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	440287
    I laughed too, because I really don't see how your post proves anything. Anyone can take a lousy picture and blame the camera!
    09-24-18 11:23 AM
    I laughed too, because I really don't see how your post proves anything. Anyone can take a lousy picture and blame the camera!
    Yeah, sure. Haha.
    09-24-18 11:53 AM
    INTERESTING FACT: Have you noticed that K1 - the last BlackBerry-in-house designed phone - had good camera? They just saved money (sensor/lens/software/whaterver). Thank God I didn't have to pay for this thing.
    That's not really a fact. The KEYone sat on BlackBerry's shelf for a while before TCL took it over and either way, TCL still built both devices and were responsible for the hardware and optimization on both. There is no BlackBerry vs. BlackBerry Mobile argument here.
    09-25-18 01:34 PM
    That's not really a fact. The KEYone sat on BlackBerry's shelf for a while before TCL took it over and either way, TCL still built both devices and were responsible for the hardware and optimization on both. There is no BlackBerry vs. BlackBerry Mobile argument here.
    You are the man here. I'll believe what you say then.
    09-25-18 02:10 PM
    Blaze is trusted member here. Key2 camera isn't bad but k1 is better.
    09-25-18 03:09 PM
    If KeyOne's camera is better, can you explain what's a double camera purpose and how can it be worse than a simple one? I am seriously asking.
    09-26-18 08:20 PM
    If KeyOne's camera is better, can you explain what's a double camera purpose and how can it be worse than a simple one? I am seriously asking.
    Cuz Bla1ze said it’s better. He’s the Chuck Norris of CB. Some things aren’t questioned.....
    Rishi P likes this.
    09-26-18 08:58 PM
    So, what do the rest of you say that have owned both? What camera is better all around?
    09-26-18 09:38 PM
    So, what do the rest of you say that have owned both? What camera is better all around?
    The Key2 camera is not good. People keep making excuses for it.

The fact that BB (or TCl, whatever) put in a dual lense to get with the times, to me proves the wanted to cater to the market. Camera's do matter & that's why they put a dual camera on the phone and marketed it as such.

In the real world, it's not good at all. Actually, unacceptable in 2018 and definitely at this price.

I've been checking reviews for a cheap dual sim for parents when they go away. Xiaomi's Redmi 5 at 100$ honestly seems to take pictures just as well (aka poorly) as the Key2 in many conditions. They Key2 is O.K. in daytime pictures.
    09-26-18 11:40 PM
    The Key2 camera is not good. People keep making excuses for it.

The fact that BB (or TCl, whatever) put in a dual lense to get with the times, to me proves the wanted to cater to the market. Camera's do matter & that's why they put a dual camera on the phone and marketed it as such.

In the real world, it's not good at all. Actually, unacceptable in 2018 and definitely at this price.

I've been checking reviews for a cheap dual sim for parents when they go away. Xiaomi's Redmi 5 at 100$ honestly seems to take pictures just as well (aka poorly) as the Key2 in many conditions. They Key2 is O.K. in daytime pictures.
    That's what I figured. Thanks, so sorry to hear this. I was stoked for this phone. I can not and will not buy a phone with a so so camera in this day and age.
    09-26-18 11:45 PM
    That's what I figured. Thanks, so sorry to hear this. I was stoked for this phone. I can not and will not buy a phone with a so so camera in this day and age.
    the ONLY reason to buy this phone as I did is because of the PKB. For typing, it's great. The speed key is amazing.

Other than that, there is literally no other reason. The defenders will come in & say battery life, security etc. Security from what & who? These phones use apps of the Google Play store anyway. You can't hide.

Battery life? There are other phones with similar battery life. The P20 Pro has an amazing camera, especially in dark shots & the same battery life as a Key2.
    09-26-18 11:48 PM
    and the P20 is built around the camera with a 40mp leica lens, is £210 more and has no pkb so what's your point?
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-27-18 12:47 AM
    Personally, having owned a KEYone since launch day, I think the KEY2 camera is better. It's way faster (probably software related), and the shots are just crisper and better looking. I'm no photography expert, but my eyes say that my KEY2 pictures are just much better.

I'm running the August 5, 2018 patch, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
    barbarianthemadserb and TCM01 like this.
    09-27-18 06:25 AM
    and the P20 is built around the camera with a 40mp leica lens, is £210 more and has no pkb so what's your point?
    The point is other phones offer the same as the Key2. There's nothing other than the PKB that the Key2 offers.

Can get away without a PKB? There are way better phones for this high price.
    09-27-18 08:14 AM
    The point is other phones offer the same as the Key2. There's nothing other than the PKB that the Key2 offers.
    Can get away without a PKB? There are way better phones for this high price.
    Nothing apart from larger battery, more talk time, 4k video, a headphone jack, 2gb more RAM and expandable memory, no nothing (vs P20)

Way better? i call BS, the standard P20 is £10 more than the K2 (Carphone warehouse UK site sim free) and the specs are not that dissimilar apart from wait for it, the PKB vs Camera.

If you didn't know that the Blackberry Android USP was the PKB then maybe someone should have told you, and also told you that the keyboard plus the enabling software doesn't come free and sacrifices need to be made somewhere to keep the pricepoint.

If you want a Key2 pro or whatever that can fight against the big boys on all fronts then be prepared to pay £1000 for it.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-27-18 10:49 AM
45 12