API camera 2 support at least...
    07-23-18 03:31 PM
    I have my key 1 and 2 side by side taking indoor shots in Medicare lighting.
    they are both similar, but the key2 actually seems to me to have truer colour repsrentation.

the space bar on the other hand is pretty clicky.

so, the camera so far I'm OK with, but the spacebar is a bit annoying.
    07-23-18 03:37 PM
    API camera 2 support at least...
    That would help a lot..... If I look at the difference for the Xiaomi A1.... The Google camera mod is another game ...
    07-23-18 03:46 PM
    According to what I read, Camera 2 api is baked into the OS, so it's probably on BB side, not TCL, but as that feature can give an app some low-level access to the sensor, it may be a wrong move for BB, regarding the security/integrity of the OS. I don't know ?
    07-23-18 03:52 PM
    There's only so much software updates can improve what the K2 really needs is OIS especially for low light.
    07-23-18 04:40 PM
    did some more side by sides.
    key1 definitely sharper night pictures
    07-23-18 06:32 PM
    There's only so much software updates can improve what the K2 really needs is OIS especially for low light.
    Disappointing to hear.
    07-23-18 07:51 PM
    Newer flagships take pretty good night shots nowadays. P20 Pro and Pixel phones especially. This shot is from a P20 Pro.

Thats better than the Key 2 could do in the daytime... I think a lot of blackberry users are living in the past, having only used mostly Blackberries, that theyre oblivious to what smartphones are capable of in 2018.
    While that pic is stunning and the Key2 cannot can't that good of a photo at night, I disagree about daytime. I've taken some stunning shots with the Key2 during daytime. And yes, my previous phone was a Passport, BUT I do have a DSLR as well so I do know a thing or two about photography and during daytime, the Key2 takes either great or stunning photos in my experience so far.
    07-24-18 03:30 PM
    While that pic is stunning and the Key2 cannot can't that good of a photo at night, I disagree about daytime. I've taken some stunning shots with the Key2 during daytime. And yes, my previous phone was a Passport, BUT I do have a DSLR as well so I do know a thing or two about photography and during daytime, the Key2 takes either great or stunning photos in my experience so far.
    Please post up a few BBK2 “stunning” pics.
    07-24-18 05:52 PM
    Please post up a few BBK2 “stunning” pics.
    Breathtaking photos!

07-24-18 05:58 PM
    Newer flagships take pretty good night shots nowadays. P20 Pro and Pixel phones especially. This shot is from a P20 Pro.

Thats better than the Key 2 could do in the daytime... I think a lot of blackberry users are living in the past, having only used mostly Blackberries, that theyre oblivious to what smartphones are capable of in 2018.
    Your so full of it. The keyone produced shots that competed with the s7/s8. Some looked better. I have seen key2 day shots that looked great against flagships. Low light can be hit or miss, but how many people are actually zooming into pics to obsess over it?? You take a snap, upload to facebook/instagram and that's it. I think its more rare that people have the time to actually scroll through their photo album these days. And when you do, you look and scroll, no zooming in, just a smile. This obsession with photos needs to stop. Theres more important overall features to consider that one spends more time on their phone with.
    07-25-18 04:33 AM
    Only a few days with mine and I can agree but it looks like a software issue not the camera itself. Hopefully we get an update soon to correct this shortcoming. It takes great photos in daylight but indoors it's terrible.
    07-25-18 05:36 AM
    I wish someone would post up some “great photos in daylight”.
    Several people have said that but I have not seen any. :-p :-)
    07-25-18 06:14 AM
    I wish someone would post up some “great photos in daylight”.
    Several people have said that but I have not seen any. :-p :-)
    Why don't you look in the sticky section, photos taken with the blackberry Key2. Some nice photos already taken with the phone. Good luck.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1151512

Posted via my Awesome passport
    07-25-18 06:41 AM
    Why don't you look in the sticky section, photos taken with the blackberry Key2. Some nice photos already taken with the phone. Good luck.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1151512

Posted via my Awesome passport
    I have looked there and I have yet to see any “great” photos .
    A couple maybe from a composition standpoint good but nothing technical good.

Several people have said this phone produces “great photos in daylight”.
    As they say at my last engineering job “show me the data”. :-p
    07-25-18 06:05 PM
40 12