Key2 Camera is awful. Worse than Key1. For a USD 649 phone, we don't deserve this.
    Aviv likes this.
    07-21-18 06:21 PM
    Agree 10000%. We all had expectations of a working functional and consistent camera. It's 2018 not 2006
    07-22-18 03:37 AM
    yes, the camera sucks. it's the software. hopefully TCL will fix it
    07-22-18 04:43 AM
    Camera is fine by me... Night shots are never a smartphone thing anyway...
    07-22-18 05:01 AM
    Newer flagships take pretty good night shots nowadays. P20 Pro and Pixel phones especially. This shot is from a P20 Pro.

Thats better than the Key 2 could do in the daytime... I think a lot of blackberry users are living in the past, having only used mostly Blackberries, that theyre oblivious to what smartphones are capable of in 2018.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Camera-img_20180329_223744.0.jpg  
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-22-18 06:04 AM
    It's 2018, it's not an excuse anymore. The camera is unacceptable at this price. I feel like I'm still taking low light shots on my Q5.
    07-22-18 06:53 AM
    I totally agree do they even test these devices before they release them? There is no reason to have a bad camera now a days they should at least let is know there is a software update coming in the future to fix the camera which is all it should take.
    It's 2018, it's not an excuse anymore. The camera is unacceptable at this price. I feel like I'm still taking low light shots on my Q5.
    07-22-18 07:51 AM
    For night shots on the Key2 try the following:

Manual mode
    ISO - auto (This is important, as soon as you go manual, the photo will be garbage, even if you leave it at the previously selected auto value)
    Shutter 1/3 (the view finder will lag because ISO is in auto - not sure why because Key1 doesnt lag)
    Focus: adjust manually if required
    Exposure: I leave in auto.

I've found with this I can actually extract some acceptable night shots out of the Key2.

Just wish the software was better so we dont have to manually set the camera up to do so.
    mtalinm and rarsen like this.
    07-22-18 07:52 AM
    Newer flagships take pretty good night shots nowadays. P20 Pro and Pixel phones especially. This shot is from a P20 Pro.

Thats better than the Key 2 could do in the daytime... I think a lot of blackberry users are living in the past, having only used mostly Blackberries, that theyre oblivious to what smartphones are capable of in 2018.
    Cool pic.... where ?
    07-22-18 07:59 AM
    Cool pic.... where ?
    Not sure - was from a Verge comparison on low light between the P20 and Pixel XL.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/30/1...ison-low-light
    07-22-18 08:06 AM
    I'm returning mine because of the camera, at the current price point it's unacceptable. I do love the phone as its definitely snappier than the KEYone and feels nicer, if they fix the camera issues via software updates I will definitely purchase it again, in the meantime I'll stick with the KEYone.
    07-22-18 08:57 AM
    Not sure - was from a Verge comparison on low light between the P20 and Pixel XL.
    Here I thought you were all traveled and such.... LOL I was curious of the surroundings.. I’ve got it narrowed down to Europe....
    07-22-18 09:04 AM
    I'm not too picky with camera; good is good enough for me, but it is seeming more and more like it's worse than the KeyONE.

Going to sit it out a while longer till there are some improvements.
    07-22-18 09:54 AM
    I either really don't give a **** or I some how by miracle received a K2 unit that has different sensors. All of my pictures and videos so far have been great. Without being exceedingly over dramatic, I'd honestly say my K2 camera is (at this software version) at the most on par with my K1 camera.
    07-22-18 10:25 AM
    I returned it too and I'm tired of waiting for a blackberry which can compete with other smartphones. And - no way, I don't carry 2 smartphones with me and - yes, a significant good smartphone camera is important in 2018!
    Aviv likes this.
    07-22-18 03:29 PM
    I think it's somewhere in Paris, France...
    07-22-18 04:35 PM
    I either really don't give a **** or I some how by miracle received a K2 unit that has different sensors. All of my pictures and videos so far have been great. Without being exceedingly over dramatic, I'd honestly say my K2 camera is (at this software version) at the most on par with my K1 camera.
    I have kind of the same feeling... photos taken upon this point are good, maybe not the greatest ever but for this kind of phone that is definitely not on the market for it's camera it's reasonable for 2018.

But that's my opinion and could be disagreed on...
    Master of Surgery likes this.
    07-22-18 04:40 PM
    Seems like my post fits better in this thread. Is the high amount of noise at medium lighting normal?

Go my KEY² and I'm wondering if my camera is defect or if it is normal behaviour on KEY²:

Pictures or videos (especially 1080p@60p) are very noisy at medium lighting. In the exact same conditions the pictures and videos on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ are totally fine.

Can someone guide me if I should RMA?
    07-22-18 04:58 PM
    I returned it too and I'm tired of waiting for a blackberry which can compete with other smartphones. And - no way, I don't carry 2 smartphones with me and - yes, a significant good smartphone camera is important in 2018!
    I agree & good for you. For the first time, I'm considering dropping BB by selling my Key2 to get a P20 Pro.
    Last edited by S2G-Unit; 07-23-18 at 11:19 AM.
    Aviv likes this.
    07-22-18 05:49 PM
    I agree & good for you. For the first time, I'm considering dropping BB by selling my Key@ get a P20 Pro.
    I'd give them a chance to patch the software.... clearly photos should be better than the KEYone. Might not be as good as a flagship, but there has to be some improvement coming.

But if a keyboard doesn't really matter... then yeah it's a no brainier, spend that $650 (or put it towards) on something better.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-23-18 11:17 AM

This nails it down...
    The Key2 photo quality is about the same as on mi brothers Xiaomi A1 (which costs 200$).
    I'm not expecting photos as from my Pixel 2, but at least good shots at daylight.....
    Priv Camera was so far the best, but even the KeyOne takes better photos than KeyTwo.
    Hope TCL reads all the feedbacks and brings an update.....
    07-23-18 11:53 AM
    Send it in as a bug report. Maybe they can improve the software processing.
    07-23-18 12:54 PM
    Is it realistically possible that a software update could totally turn the camera performance around for the better ?
    07-23-18 02:45 PM
    Is it realistically possible that a software update could totally turn the camera performance around for the better ?
    I doubt it because, in my opinion, it would require a lot more resources (mainly developers) for that. For exemple, Apple camera team is about 800 people and BB camera team, before they left it, was 20 people. I don't know about TCL now but probably not enough to improve the software more than little improvements after a phone release. But I could be wrong, of course. It's just an assumption from myself ; I don't know how many people are working at BBMobile !
    07-23-18 03:15 PM
    I doubt it because, in my opinion, it would require a lot more resources (mainly developers) for that. For exemple, Apple camera team is about 800 people and BB camera team, before they left it, was 20 people. I don't know about TCL now but probably not enough to improve the software more than little improvements. But I could be wrong, of course. It's just an assumption from myself !
    I think so, too.

They could open the camera to Google's app though. Some OEMs allow it and users profit.
    07-23-18 03:21 PM
40 12