What made buy the Key2 two weeks ago was, I was browsing Rogers' website and they didn't have it listed anymore. Only the LE was and still is listed.

I paid a visit to their store and 2 available.

I was really waiting for a Key3 or PRIV 2 but who knows if that will ever happen?!

I'll post a screenshot soon. I haven't really setup the phone yet.
    12-09-19 09:36 AM
    What made buy the Key2 two weeks ago was, I was browsing Rogers' website and they didn't have it listed anymore. Only the LE was and still is listed.

I paid a visit to their store and 2 available.

I was really waiting for a Key3 or PRIV 2 but who knows if that will ever happen?!

I think anyone else that's waiting to see what is next or hoping for big price drop.... might wait themselves out of one.
    12-09-19 09:38 AM
    If you haven't gone through the initial set up of the phone, the only way to know the build date is if it's written on the box.

Does your KEY2 box have the build date on it?
    12-09-19 10:32 AM
    If you haven't gone through the initial set up of the phone, the only way to know the build date is if it's written on the box.

Does your KEY2 box have the build date on it?
    I had started to set up the phone but didn't finish everything I wanted to.

Voila as requested and promised a screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails The KEY2 build dates thread-screenshot_20191209-132227.jpg  
    Bob80220 likes this.
    12-09-19 12:25 PM
    I think anyone else that's waiting to see what is next or hoping for big price drop.... might wait themselves out of one.
    That's exactly what I wanted to avoid. I had to jump on it.
    12-09-19 12:27 PM
    For GoTalk, it’s a perfect storm. I suspect inventory has been discounted or carrying risk has been mitigated as the device price is propped up due to small quantity batch releases here and elsewhere just maintaining BB license requirements. The recent malware issue gives the Key2 significant advantage over KEYone for anyone debating as it will get the required update, or so I’d expect. Maybe this is where BB really applies the pressure to BBMo for payments ......

Typed on my XR since my KEYones are probably StrandHogg malware infested.....
    John Albert likes this.
    12-09-19 12:52 PM
    I don't know what to make of a October 10, 2019 build date other than perhaps encouragement in that TCL/BlackBerry Mobile is obviously still currently manufacturing KEY2s... at least for Rogers.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 12-09-19 at 01:58 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-09-19 01:09 PM
    Key2 64Gb Black (BBF-100-1)

1st KEY2 @ Date Code: 20190904
    (I returned this one and swapped it. The space bar was somewhat wobbly and loos at the touch, mostly on the left side of it. It made a Rattling sound when gently rubbed over. There is a youtube video on this, I had the same issue.)

2nd Key2 @ Date Code: 20191102
    (No problems with the space bar, it just makes a plastic and clear clicking sound. No rattling sound when gently rubbed over. Feels steady almost like the Key1)

BB support advised, if the space bar did not make the same clicking sound as the other keys, to return it.
    12-09-19 01:35 PM
    I don't know what to make of a October 10, 2019 build date other than perhaps encouragement in that TCL/BlackBerry Mobile is obviously still currently manufacturing KEY2s... at least for Rogers.

Bob
    Let's just say I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I almost wanted to ask the sales rep to take back my box and give me the other one as if I knew what I was doing!!

Too bad I don't know anyone who needs a Key2. It would be interesting to see if they have the same build date
    12-09-19 02:23 PM

Bob
    And debunking a whole lot of the usual naysayers 😏 speculation(s)
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    12-09-19 03:13 PM
    And debunking a whole lot of the usual naysayers 😏 speculation(s)
    Agreed... it gets old reading the doom and gloom posts by the same Debbie Downers.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    12-09-19 03:31 PM

Bob
    Let's just say I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I almost wanted to ask the sales rep to take back my box and give me the other one as if I knew what I was doing!!

Too bad I don't know anyone who needs a Key2. It would be interesting to see if they have the same build date
    Those are final assembly / firmware flash dates - not manufacturing dates.

Many surplus devices that are going back to TCL are being repurposed to go back out to the remaining supply chains that are selling through. This usually involves a re-assembly (different region and/or colour).

I don't think anything has been manufactured in the last 12 months.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-09-19 04:00 PM
    Those are final assembly dates / firmware flash - not manufacturing dates.

Many surplus devices that are going back to TCL are being repurposed to go back out to the remaining supply chains that are selling through. This usually involves a re-assembly (different region and/or colour).

I don't think anything has been manufactured in the last 12 months.
    Lol that's just a guess, we got zero proof that that's actually happening.

Why else is it that just about every March 2019 and later unit has a perfectly tight spacebar?
    12-09-19 04:03 PM
    Lol that's just a guess, we got zero proof that that's actually happening.

Why else is it that just about every March 2019 and later unit has a perfectly tight spacebar?
    Based on everything else going on, and dismal sales levels, it's FAR less likely that any manufacturing line is tooled up and running again. Let's be serious.

We also know that at these sales levels, they are losing money on each unit they build - so why would they build even more?
    John Albert likes this.
    12-09-19 04:05 PM
    I find the shifting opinions on CB very fascinating! I guess in the absence of fact, then conjecture is King! It's like the court Jesters of Old, might not be factual, but always entertaining!

Posted via my Passport
    Bob80220, the_boon and Paulelmar18 like this.
    12-09-19 04:48 PM
    I find the shifting opinions on CB very fascinating! I guess in the absence of fact, then conjecture is King! It's like the court Jesters of Old, might not be factual, but always entertaining!

Posted via my Passport
    Based on everything we know, what do you think the most likely scenario is?

Do you think things are fine, and they are building more units to satisfy the high demand, or do you think they are doing everything they can to clear their existing stock?
    12-09-19 04:58 PM
    So the issue with the new built units space bar still exists. This refutes the assumption of space bar fixation with the new units.

I agree with Conite, they are not newly manufactured units.
    12-09-19 05:16 PM
    So the issue with the new built units space bar still exists. This refutes the assumption of space bar fixation with the new units.

I agree with Conite, they are not newly manufactured units.
    But just about every owner of a March 2019 or later unit (not just here, but I spoke to people on reddit also) said that their spacebar feels perfectly tight.

Explain that?
    12-09-19 05:21 PM
    Based on everything else going on, and dismal sales levels
    Hum, didn't you mention several times that their sales level grew 10% YoY from 2017 to 2018?
    12-09-19 05:22 PM
    But just about every owner of a March 2019 or later unit (not just here, but I spoke to people on reddit also) said that their spacebar feels perfectly tight.

Explain that?
    Still the existence of NEW faulty units doesn't indicate they improved or changed the design.

Many other old units aren't defective as well.
    12-09-19 05:28 PM
    Still the existence of NEW faulty units doesn't indicate they improved or changed the design.

Many other old units aren't defective as well.
    That aside, what would be the point of doing what conite suggested, to recall batches of unsold devices just to re-flash them and send them back where they came from?

Doesn't make sense, I'm not buying it.
    12-09-19 05:44 PM
    Hum, didn't you mention several times that their sales level grew 10% YoY from 2017 to 2018?
    Sure. But this is the end of 2019, and we know what happened next.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-09-19 07:16 PM
    That aside, what would be the point of doing what conite suggested, to recall batches of unsold devices just to re-flash them and send them back where they came from?

Doesn't make sense, I'm not buying it.
    They aren't sending them back from where they came. They are getting scraps from all over the place, re-flashing, and then consolidating them with only a select few channels - like Go-Talk in the US, the carriers in Canada, and the BBMo Euro store.
    12-09-19 07:22 PM

Explain that?
    I have a tight keyboard from Sep 2018. More consistent success later on may only mean that they simply improved their QC as they went along.
    12-09-19 07:26 PM
    They aren't sending them back from where they came. They are getting scraps from all over the place, re-flashing, and then consolidating them with only a select few channels - like Go-Talk in the US, the carriers in Canada, and the BBMo Euro store.
    Sounds like you really know what's going on.

Got an inside source?

Cause this sounds a bit too detailed to be random guess lol
    12-09-19 08:06 PM
408 ... 1213141516 ...