-- off topic --

Btw, Ive donwloaded the Mobile Tool but its looks weird , the software seem not compatible with my windows version or currupted. Cant click next. any clue ? looks like that ... Im on Windows 7 Professional

Attachment 441181
    2 things:

1- It won't work with a pre-production unit, as no other OS is available.

2- You have to use compatibility settings on the app to have it display properly when you are using zoom settings on your desktop.
    11-05-18 07:49 PM
    2 things:

1- It won't work with a pre-production unit, as no other OS is available.

2- You have to use compatibility settings on the app to have it display properly when you are using zoom settings on your desktop.
    So I cant upload the autoloader you recommend to my Key2 ?
    11-05-18 07:57 PM
    So I cant upload the autoloader you recommend to my Key2 ?
    Yes. But it is not done via the tool.

You run it directly.

Remove device passwords, reboot to fastboot mode, download autoloader and unzip, plug in device, run flashall.bat.
    11-05-18 08:00 PM
    Yes. But it is not done via the tool.

You run it directly.

Remove device passwords, reboot to fastboot mode, download autoloader and unzip, plug in device, run flashall.bat.
    Thanks @conite !! Really appreciate lets see how it goes.
    11-05-18 08:24 PM
    1st. From what I read from @Bla1ze, my blackberry is doomed. Cant have a long term fix, only autoloaders am I correct?
    As I said, even autoloaders will only take you so far. The one I have won't accept anything beyond the first official OS.
    11-05-18 08:57 PM
    I have a pre-release version of the K2 and still receive software updates. But I think your version of the K2 is different. My bootloader is locked.

I seem to be getting updates pushed out by a specific carrier which is different than the carrier I have a sim card from.

tl;dr I'm at the mercy of getting updates from a random carrier and I have another carrier's sim in my phone. The updates aren't even coming directly from BB/TCL.
    11-06-18 04:20 AM
    I have a pre-release version of the K2 and still receive software updates. But I think your version of the K2 is different. My bootloader is locked.

I seem to be getting updates pushed out by a specific carrier which is different than the carrier I have a sim card from.

tl;dr I'm at the mercy of getting updates from a random carrier and I have another carrier's sim in my phone. The updates aren't even coming directly from BB/TCL.
    All updates come directly from BBMo.

What is your device PRD?
    11-06-18 06:09 AM
    All updates come directly from BBMo.

What is your device PRD?
    If that was the case, I would have already received the October update as it got pushed out for devices sold directly by BBMo.

PRD-63825-801.
    11-06-18 06:18 AM
    If that was the case, I would have already received the October update as it got pushed out for devices sold directly by BBMo.

PRD-63825-801.
    That's not how it works.

Updates are pushed by PRD number - and ALL from BBMo.

What OS build are you on?
    11-06-18 06:28 AM
    That's not how it works.

That's not how it works.

ABG900.

North America has received the October update.

Bell, Rogers and Telus have not.

I usually get the update when Bell devices receive theirs. I have a Rogers sim in it.
    11-06-18 06:44 AM
    ABG900.

North America has received the October update.

Bell, Rogers and Telus have not.

I usually get the update when Bell devices receive theirs. I have a Rogers sim in it.
    It's possible your device serial number was added to a special list to test OTA updates for Bell - effectively tying it to 63825-004.
    11-06-18 07:20 AM
    It's possible your device serial number was added to a special list to test OTA updates for Bell - effectively tying it to 63825-004.
    Suuuuucks. I'd rather have updates the same time NA gets theirs.
    11-06-18 10:17 AM

PRD-63825-801.
    Please don't spread misinformation. I'm on a KEY2 sold directly by BlackBerry and I still haven't received the October update.
    11-06-18 12:06 PM
    Please don't spread misinformation. I'm on a KEY2 sold directly by BlackBerry and I still haven't received the October update.
    That's YOUR problem then.

It was pushed out for devices sold directly by BBMo in NA.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    11-06-18 02:01 PM
    That's YOUR problem then.

It was pushed out for devices sold directly by BBMo in NA.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    No, the spreadsheet says SOON for mine.

Edit: ah, you didn't make it clear in your original post that you were talking about NA.
    11-06-18 02:03 PM
    I only skimmed the thread, not much experience with BB android, but have a fair amount of Android rooting experience in general, and these are my takes:

1. Given the screenshot, there is no evidence it's rooted; the bootloader is unlocked, yes, but not necessarily rooted.

2. Is it not possible to obtain the proper official build and flash that via Fastboot commands (now would be a good time actually since the BL is unlocked)?
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 11-06-18 at 03:27 PM. Reason: corrected ADB to Fastboot
    Laura Knotek and quailallstar like this.
    11-06-18 03:26 PM
    Is it not possible to obtain the proper official build and flash that via Fastboot commands (now would be a good time actually since the BL is unlocked)?
    Only BlackBerry Mobile would have the capability to override the built-in OS cutoff.
    11-06-18 06:07 PM
    if the bootloader is unlocked, what's stopping someone from giving the device to XDA developers to develop a root?
    11-06-18 07:15 PM
    if the bootloader is unlocked, what's stopping someone from giving the device to XDA developers to develop a root?
    You still can't install an OS that isn't signed by BlackBerry. So, you won't get very far.
    11-06-18 07:18 PM
    You still can't install an OS that isn't signed by BlackBerry. So, you won't get very far.
    They can't reverse that with an unlocked bootloader?
    11-06-18 07:37 PM
    They can't reverse that with an unlocked bootloader?
    Yeah, thats what Im saying

Ok, my bootloader is unlocked ... so XDA might do whatever they want ? Im not that advance in rooting ... Ive done it several times ... they are pretty straight forward.

Tomorrow, Im going to post as SOLVED, my issues and Im going to explain it how I make it work. So other people can use it, as a parcial fix.
    @conite thank you for all the help !! Autoloaders thumb up !!
    11-06-18 10:22 PM
    Hey thank you for all the Help and Feedback

@conite u make it happen so, I really appreciate.

As you all know, I started this thread with some screnshots regarding I had issues with my K2.

- I thought it was Rooted
    - It has a pre release OS
    - DTEK issues (poor score, with Blackberry internal use only message)

After @conite help me, he recommended to download and install the ABI067 Autoloader. Usually, they use the Mobile Tool to install it, but as mine is a Pre-Release OS is not possible. So it has to be done directly.

First, I had to set my K2 into FASTMODE. Turn off, and turn on and volume down at the same time. At the begging I thouht I had to take one more step, but @conite told me THATS FASTMODE (newbie here).

So, I ran the .bat file in the Autoloader, follow and few indicated steps, and intalled it succefully in my K2.

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-screenshot_20181105-221435.jpg

After I restored my K2 with the backup, and everything was fine and running great (I even felt it faster)

So to answer all my inicial issues I discover this:

- My phone is not rooted, its just a pre-relase OS with Unlocked Bootloader (maybe it can be rooted or something in there with XDA developers) with that knowledge I answer my first two issues.
    - About Dtek issue with Poor Rating, well as @Bla1ze said very clear, even with the Autoloader it will just be a temporary short term fix. And Im going to be cristal clear with this.

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-screenshot_20181105-221747.jpg

Dtek version 1.1.11.527 is the lastest version that works with my K2 (with ABI067 Autoloader installed) before that I can only use the version that I came with I dont really remember but it was version 1.1.9.XXX.

I said this because, when I upgrade DTEK to version 1.1.11.536 (lastest version in Play Store) I had the same issue again with Poor Rating and all that.

I hope this really works for other people with same issue, and hope that I explain myself as best.
    hamilgs and PHughes like this.
    11-07-18 08:34 AM
    Yes. The IMEI was added to the special list I'm pretty sure or so I was told!
    11-09-18 07:52 AM
    Does BB have official support channels in your country OP? Wondering if they would be interested in getting the device back and swapping you a production version.
    They will not replace it.
    11-22-18 09:39 PM
    Could you search your device using any file manager app for any files ending in .tkn? That original build should've been loaded with tcl_debug.tkn although I'm not sure where those get stored.
    11-29-18 11:32 PM
52 123