Hey

Im on the spot ... long story short, I bought a "new" Blackberry Key2 in my country, because of the series BBF100-2 , I google it and its from the states.

So this happen.

Everything was just fine, at first I got this Message when I turn the phone on "brand new"

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-img_0734.jpg

Basically saying that the phone was Rooted, so I ran back to the store they told me that they cant do anything, and I cant return it. (In this country is really hard to buy stuff from a serious vendor)

But still, its really weird because it was REALLY A BRAND NEW PHONE, dunno why they rooted.

Anyhow, everything was fine until updates came along ....and DTEK started to send this message. Also I was getting annoying messages of APN UNKNOWN, dunno if its related.

I wanted to fix this, because the purpose of buying this phone was for "Security Reasons" and its really annoying (even if its my fault) to get security issues like this.

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-screenshot_20181104-153514.jpg

Basically saying that the phone is was intended for only internal use.

To gather all this, I want to know if it possible to UNROOT ? or somehow download the original ROM and upload it.

Ive been googling all around and I cant find anything ...

Any help would be awesome

Thanks.

P.S: the lastest version I have is ABA044 version.
    Last edited by atov361; 11-04-18 at 11:50 PM.
    11-04-18 08:11 PM
    Hey

Im on the spot ... long story short, I bought a "new" Blackberry Key2 in my country, because of the series BBF100-2 , I google it and its from the states.

So this happen.

Everything was just fine, at first I got this Message when I turn the phone on "brand new"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	441153

Basically saying that the phone was Rooted, so I ran back to the store they told me that they cant do anything, and I cant return it. (In this country is really hard to buy stuff from a serious vendor)

But still, its really weird because it was REALLY A BRAND NEW PHONE, dunno why they rooted.

Anyhow, everything was fine until updates came along ....and DTEK started to send this message. Also I was getting annoying messages of APN UNKNOWN, dunno if its related.

I wanted to fix this, because the purpose of buying this phone was for "Security Reasons" and its really annoying (even if its my fault) to get security issues like this.

Name:	Screenshot_20181104-153514.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	441154

To gather all this, I want to know if it possible to UNROOT ? or somehow download the original ROM and upload it.

Thanks.

@conite @Bla1ze ?
    11-05-18 04:22 AM
    Very strange. Likely someone sold you a device meant for internal testing only. There is probably a fastboot command to re-lock the bootloader. You can try some of the bootloader locking commands in fastboot. I pulled these from the fastboot exe that comes with each firmware:

fastboot flashing lock

fastboot flashing lock_critical

fastboot lock_bootloader
    11-05-18 06:42 AM
    What's the PRD on it?

Open your phone dialer and enter this code: *#837837# (*#TESTER#).
    11-05-18 06:45 AM
    There are people that would pay more to voluntary buy a rooted BB
    Is there any "Not for sale" somewhere in the phone or the box?
    Curious to know which PRD is that one too.
    11-05-18 07:42 AM
    It's not rooted. It's a pre-release, uncertified OS on a developmental device and there's no way to 'fix' it. You just live with it, or buy a new device. Of course, it'll never get updates either. It won't even take autoloader builds. I have one as well.
    11-05-18 11:25 AM
    Sell it and get a new one. I'm sure there are folks that would want a rooted device. Wondering if it might help to contact BlackBerry Mobile and make sure this isn't a device they want back. Maybe they will replace it for you. Worth a shot in my books.
    11-05-18 01:11 PM
    I know a rooted Priv could sell for pretty high, lots of folks would wanna get their hands on one and load a custom ROM with Android 8 or 9 on it
    11-05-18 01:22 PM
    It's not rooted. It's a pre-release, uncertified OS on a developmental device and there's no way to 'fix' it. You just live with it, or buy a new device. Of course, it'll never get updates either. It won't even take autoloader builds. I have one as well.
    could build twrp for such a device.. have you tried checking the root tickbox in the engineering mode app?
    11-05-18 01:42 PM
    could build twrp for such a device.. have you tried checking the root tickbox in the engineering mode app?
    I've tried every logical thing that I understood and went over it with someone with WAYYY deeper knowledge than me. Was determined a no go on pretty much every front.
    jcrutchvt2010, atov361 and hamilgs like this.
    11-05-18 01:44 PM
    Hey, Ive just read all the replies

Thank you for all the help. But Im kinda stuck in this. Because I cant sell it, because that would be bad ... considering I wont get updates, and get all kind of errors.

A Fix of somehow would be awesome.

Here are more pictures that might help understand, and I have no idea how this vendor got hands on this device, even more, the box is retail. And I the packing is RETAIL .... I have no idea got I got this.

Oh, almost forgot, everything has working FINE ... but the lastest DTEK update, is the one I got all this issues with.

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-img_0746.jpg
    KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-img_0748.jpg
    KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-img_0749.jpg
    KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-img_0751.jpg
    11-05-18 03:10 PM
    On my lastest reply I did the test ! maybe theres something u can find there.
    11-05-18 03:11 PM
    Dont know really how to do so, but Im a fast learner lol ! Anything to fix this blackberry
    11-05-18 03:14 PM
    And how did you got that one ? mine has retail packing, all like a retail one. Dunno what to do with the phone.
    11-05-18 03:23 PM
    And how did you got that one ? mine has retail packing, all like a retail one. Dunno what to do with the phone.
    A PRD that ends with -80x is not a production unit. Period.

You can try to keep it updated with community autoloaders, or try and return it.
    11-05-18 04:10 PM
    Get your money back if possible. Even @conite suggestion of autloaders won't work. You'll only get so far and it will stop taking them. It's effectively useless unless you love it just the way it is right now. And if you do, well keep it. Kind of collectors item to the right the person.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    11-05-18 04:39 PM
    Does BB have official support channels in your country OP? Wondering if they would be interested in getting the device back and swapping you a production version.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    11-05-18 04:39 PM
    Hey

So this happen.

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	441153

Name:	Screenshot_20181104-153514.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	441154

Thanks.

Who did you purchase the phone from?
    11-05-18 05:10 PM
    is there any community autoloaders out there for my version of BB ?
    11-05-18 05:54 PM
    from a internet vendor. Usually I always buy it from amazon o a trusted vendor.

but this time I bought it from an unknow vendor here.

Im located in Peru, and here theres no BB representative whatso ever
    11-05-18 05:57 PM
    is there any community autoloaders out there for my version of BB ?
    Use ABI067.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1157839/
    atov361 likes this.
    11-05-18 06:16 PM
    thank you @conite !! I will install it.

So, how is it possible that in this remote forsaken country they got their hands on a Production Blackberry Key2.

Anyhow I have some questions:

1st. From what I read from @Bla1ze, my blackberry is doomed. Cant have a long term fix, only autoloaders am I correct?

2nd, this blackberry is not rooted then ?

3rd, I called blackberry Hotline they told me that I was the first customer to have this issue (dont think so) and that my blackberry is out of warranty because is Rooted (they said so) and that they will send me a shipping label to send to canada. After that, they will charge me to fix it and send it back. What do you guys think about that ?
    11-05-18 07:24 PM
    thank you @conite !! I will install it.

So, how is it possible that in this remote forsaken country they got their hands on a Production Blackberry Key2.

Anyhow I have some questions:

1st. From what I read from @Bla1ze, my blackberry is doomed. Cant have a long term fix, only autoloaders am I correct?

2nd, this blackberry is not rooted then ?

3rd, I called blackberry Hotline they told me that I was the first customer to have this issue (dont think so) and that my blackberry is out of warranty because is Rooted (they said so) and that they will send me a shipping label to send to canada. After that, they will charge me to fix it and send it back. What do you guys think about that ?
    Try the autoloader to see if it works.

If so, you may wish to keep it to avoid the hassle, and hope that future autoloaders may continue to work as well.

If not, send it for repair - it would be useless anyway.
    11-05-18 07:26 PM
    Try the autoloader to see if it works.

If so, you may wish to keep it to avoid the hassle, and hope that future autoloaders may continue to work as well.

If not, send it for repair - it would be useless anyway.
    @conite thank you for all the help bro. Ill try to install it.
    11-05-18 07:35 PM
    -- off topic --

Btw, Ive donwloaded the Mobile Tool but its looks weird , the software seem not compatible with my windows version or currupted. Cant click next. any clue ? looks like that ... Im on Windows 7 Professional

KEY2 bought Rooted - DTEK Issues-mobiletool.jpg
    11-05-18 07:40 PM
52 123