Hey guys,

Been awhile. Hope all is well and you're safe/sane.

My Father's Day present was a pair of AirPods Pro. Insanely low volume on media/phone calls -- I am not alone in this it would seem.

Google'ing led me to the "Disable Absolute Volume" option in Developer mode. Reboot, forget, repair etc., issue remained. Paired the AirPods with my PRIV, and spare/backup Key2. No issues at all (and didn't touch the disable absolutely volume setting in those).

Short of a factory reset of my daily driver, has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks!
    06-21-20 12:15 PM
    Hey guys,

Been awhile. Hope all is well and you're safe/sane.

My Father's Day present was a pair of AirPods Pro. Insanely low volume on media/phone calls -- I am not alone in this it would seem.

Google'ing led me to the "Disable Absolute Volume" option in Developer mode. Reboot, forget, repair etc., issue remained. Paired the AirPods with my PRIV, and spare/backup Key2. No issues at all (and didn't touch the disable absolutely volume setting in those).

Short of a factory reset of my daily driver, has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks!
    After you disabled Absolute volume, did you then turn the volume to max on both the AirPods and the Key2?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:27 PM
    After you disabled Absolute volume, did you then turn the volume to max on both the AirPods and the Key2?

Posted via CB10
    You mean max out the Media volume on the Key2? (Without the AirPods paired)
    06-21-20 12:29 PM
    You mean max out the Media volume on the Key2? (Without the AirPods paired)
    With them paired. Maybe play an audio then make sure Key2 media volume is at max and AirPods volume also maxed.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:34 PM
    With them paired. Maybe play an audio then make sure Key2 media volume is at max and AirPods volume also maxed.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the media volume is maxed. The AirPods don't have a separate volume control. It changes with the Media control. As with all Bluetooth headphones when paired.
    06-21-20 12:39 PM
    Yes, the media volume is maxed. The AirPods don't have a separate volume control. It changes with the Media control. As with all Bluetooth headphones when paired.
    Are your spare Key2 and daily driver on the same security patch?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:50 PM
    Are your spare Key2 and daily driver on the same security patch?

No, they are not. My daily driver is a 100-2 on ANC424, and backup is a 100-6 on the Dec patch (the last one pushed for that variant). My PRIV is on the last PRIV pushed one as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:56 PM
    Try running the no wipe May patch.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1185582

Factory reset is all I have to offer after that.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:59 PM
    Try running the no wipe May patch.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1185582

Factory reset is all I have to offer after that.

Posted via CB10

Appreciate it. May try that. Only other thing I can thing of is I did this a couple months back to get WiFi calling working. Wonder if any of that would have messed up the BT radio, but shouldn't have...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/
    06-21-20 02:58 PM
    My AirPods Pro are annoying on my Key2 also - I quite often have to delete the bluetooth pairing and re-pair.

As a new bluetooth device, I get a good range of volume - but after a random period of time, at some point when I touch the volume I notice it jump to the maximum setting without changing its actual loudness.

This week it has picked a volume level which is just loud enough, but it is annoying it doesn't work as it should.

The Airpods Pro work fine on my iPhone - and I can't see to trick the volume level by switching between devices.

So, my suggestion is to try deleting the bluetooth connection and re-pairing!
    06-24-20 07:35 PM