Considering getting one and getting back on a physical keyboard phone. Currently using a Motion and am happy with its performance. Any comments/opinions are welcome.
    02-25-19 08:04 AM
    Considering getting one and getting back on a physical keyboard phone. Currently using a Motion and am happy with its performance. Any comments/opinions are welcome.
    Worth it to YOU? Not sure how to answer that.
    02-25-19 08:18 AM
    If you are wanting a physical keyboard, and you want the capacitive keyboard and you want a couple more years of updates.... it's the best phone on the market right now.
    02-25-19 08:21 AM
    I paid MSRP in October and the KEY2 was well worth the investment for me at that price... The current price for the Black KEY2 is a tremendous value in my opinion.

Ultimately, only you can decide how to invest/spend your money for what you need/want from smartphone.

Bob
    02-25-19 08:24 AM
    Sure, just get it brand new from an official retailer.

Meaning, Amazon or Best Buy (probably Amazon since they have that current price)
    02-25-19 10:22 AM
    too much, wait for 450$ or something like that
    02-25-19 10:34 AM
    Worth it to YOU? Not sure how to answer that.
    How can he know that when he does not own it? He did not use it and haven't had it in his hands. That's why he is asking us.
    02-25-19 10:35 AM
    How can he know that if he does not own it? He did not use it and haven't had it in his hands. That's why he is asking us.
    The OP provided no details as to his preferences, or his use case. It's hard to tell him that it would be worth it to HIM to change from the Motion.
    02-25-19 10:37 AM
    but he didn't specify if it is worth to him, he asked for opinions
    02-25-19 10:39 AM
    but he didn't specify if it is worth to him, he asked for opinions
    "Worth $545, or not".

Presumably he wasn't asking if it was worth $545 to ME. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any event, if he just wanted info, there is a full review in the news section, and dozens of threads covering every aspect of the device.

Anyway, my brief comment has got far more attention than it merited. Let's move along.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-25-19 10:48 AM
    Key2 is nearly a year old phone now so I would just wait for next Pkb device from Blackberry mobil. I own both k1, K2 and k1 has better overall keyboard because there is no sensitive issue like k2. I am sure key3 will have improved pkb over k2.
    02-25-19 10:59 AM
    Apologies for the lack of detail. I've had a number of BB keyboard devices, mostly BB10, but I do have the Priv as well. I like the physical keyboards accuracy, but don't care for its vulnerability to failure over time: double typing, not registering a keystroke, etc.

Would be interested to see if anyone has a speed comparison, Motion vs Key2, as far as device responsiveness.

Thanks for all the comments thus far.
    02-25-19 12:19 PM
    Apologies for the lack of detail. I've had a number of BB keyboard devices, mostly BB10, but I do have the Priv as well. I like the physical keyboards accuracy, but don't care for its vulnerability to failure over time: double typing, not registering a keystroke, etc.

Would be interested to see if anyone has a speed comparison, Motion vs Key2, as far as device responsiveness.

Thanks for all the comments thus far.
    Responsiveness is not even close. The 660 is a big upgrade over the 625.
    02-25-19 12:24 PM
    Your asking a lot people who purchased at higher price and felt it worth it. I wish I could have paid so little. Very satisfied with this phone. You find a thread where I stated mine junk but it healed itself. Not sure why or how. Only thing I did was wipe my keys down with a damp cloth. So no more eating and trying to type. My spacebar was not spacing every time. All good now back to loving it.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-25-19 12:32 PM
    Key2 is nearly a year old phone now so I would just wait for next Pkb device from Blackberry mobil. I own both k1, K2 and k1 has better overall keyboard because there is no sensitive issue like k2. I am sure key3 will have improved pkb over k2.
    That could be another year.....
    02-25-19 01:33 PM
    That could be another year.....
    I believe in blackberry mobil!
    02-25-19 01:54 PM
    I believe in blackberry mobil!
    They already said it will be late this year or early next.
    02-25-19 01:55 PM
    How is the battery life? My Motion's battery life is so good it's beyond overkill. Camera any good?
    Last edited by jackcarr; 02-25-19 at 02:33 PM.
    02-25-19 02:11 PM
    How is the battery life? My Motion's battery life is so good it's beyond overkill. Camera any good?
    Battery life gets me 18-24 hours with 8 hours screen on time. Maybe not quite as good as the Motion, but it'll get you through the day easily.

Camera is better - it has optical zoom and bokeh (portrait mode).

Some don't like the low light performance, but it's certainly no worse than the Motion in that respect.
    02-25-19 02:35 PM
    I think the Key2 is a good buy for that price right now. The next price drop will come around the fall. The cycle of updates would be on the ladder end by that time too.
    03-04-19 10:00 PM