No, people just keep assuming that with no proof.
    Probably nothing has changed in terms of design changes.
    Well, every Red KEY2 owner (me included) reported that their spacebar and the other keys have been well improved with this one, no question.

There was another member here who had a Black KEY2 from April and said his is fine too.

So yes, I strongly believe that March and on is when they revised the keyboard.

By keyboard, I don't mean just the spacebar which is now firm (as it should be), but also the other keys are less stiff which makes for more enjoyable and effortless typing.
    07-12-19 10:24 AM
    Slightly off topic, but I assume no units before March have any kind of hardware re-design (Ie. Better spacebar, etc)? Has there been any comparisons between the newer models and the older ones?
    I wonder if those will finally be the newer post March 2019 batch
    Even if stock gets renewed, we'll see no hardware improvement.

Here is a Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019 and reporting issues we discovered when the device was launched last year; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....

https://www.reddit.com/r/black...m=a...m_source=share
    07-12-19 10:26 AM
    Even if stock gets renewed, we'll see no hardware improvement.

Here is a Chinese variant, device build date June 16th 2019 and reporting issues we discovered when the device was launched last year; I guess they are still produced, just not for the west....

https://www.reddit.com/r/black...m=a...m_source=share
    Can't access the thread, but what kind of issues are they talking about? Bluetooth connectivity?
    07-12-19 10:42 AM
    Can't access the thread, but what kind of issues are they talking about? Bluetooth connectivity?
    Same keyboard issues many of us around here complain/ed about.

Involuntary activations of Cursor Mode & SYM VKB which is obviously now solved with the app level settings workaround (note: workaround) though shows that nothing really changed in terms of assembly / parts and this issues is most likely software related.

Nonetheless, a June 16th 2019 build with issues of any kind is not encouraging given it had been just about a year or more on the production line.
    07-12-19 10:49 AM
    Same keyboard issues many of us around here complain/ed about.

Involuntary activations of Cursor Mode & SYM VKB which is obviously now solved with the app level settings workaround (note: workaround) though shows that nothing really changed in terms of assembly / parts and this issues is most likely software related.

Nonetheless, a June 16th 2019 build with issues of any kind is not encouraging given it had been just about a year or more on the production line.
    I can't personally relate to those issues, but the bottom line is that it's a mix of software and hardware ?
    07-12-19 10:59 AM
    I can't personally relate to those issues, but the bottom line is that it's a mix of software and hardware ?
    My take is that if a year into production these issues aren't fixed then it must be software related.
    07-12-19 11:03 AM
    Back to posting the LE...I wonder if they read this thread / forum...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyFFaqC...=10ylaoj9qk86y
    And the trend continues:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0zLRcj...d=k434fiihi32y
    07-12-19 03:33 PM
    3rd post in a row...only LE...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3Q9e8D...=113fj727r7oyr
    07-13-19 12:09 PM
    And now it looks like the LE will soon be out of stock / no longer available at Best Buy.
    @BlackBerry Mobile what is the plan for the US market?

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/best-buy-will-stop-selling-blackberry-key-devices-soon-1173869/
    07-15-19 09:24 PM
    And now it looks like the LE will soon be out of stock / no longer available at Best Buy.
    @BlackBerry Mobile what is the plan for the US market?

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/best-buy-will-stop-selling-blackberry-key-devices-soon-1173869/
    Current Plan.... to sell every phone they have without taking any loss.

Beyond that I'm afraid there isn't any plans....
    07-16-19 09:05 AM
    Key2 Black says it's in stock on Amazon for me.
    07-17-19 05:35 AM
    Key2 Black says it's in stock on Amazon for me.
    Only via 3rd parties.... who may or may not be authorized and thus eligible for warranty support.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-17-19 07:04 AM
    Only via 3rd parties.... who may or may not be authorized and thus eligible for warranty support.
    They also may be International models that may not work well on US carriers, and won't get any patches/OS updates on US carriers.
    07-17-19 01:26 PM
    Looks like Amazon stock will renew on the 21st. Please verify my findings.
    07-17-19 05:16 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile DID NOT post anything on Instagram today.

They stopped posting the K2 as soon as it was no longer available in the US market, moved over to daily posting the LE and with it now being out of stock at Best Buy they posted nothing today...

Hints and clues...all we have.
    07-17-19 08:12 PM
    TCL/BBMo has been releasing the Key2 in different markets at different times. it was just introduced in Australia last month. What it looks like is that TCL/BBMo is looking for steady, consistent sales, so they're releasing it in different regions at different times. If they leaked anything about a new device now, the Key2/Red Edition/LE would sell poorly in markets where it was just released. They will probably keep silent until it's been in their last target market for at least a few months. If this is indeed the case, TCL/BBMo is just trying to extend the Key2 as far as it can go with consistent sales before hinting at another device.
    Jake2826 and RK_BB like this.
    07-17-19 08:22 PM
    TCL/BBMo has been releasing the Key2 in different markets at different times. it was just introduced in Australia last month. What it looks like is that TCL/BBMo is looking for steady, consistent sales, so they're releasing it in different regions at different times. If they leaked anything about a new device now, the Key2/Red Edition/LE would sell poorly in markets where it was just released. They will probably keep silent until it's been in their last target market for at least a few months. If this is indeed the case, TCL/BBMo is just trying to extend the Key2 as far as it can go with consistent sales before hinting at another device.
    This is the most reasonable explanation to this deafening silence thus far!
    anon(10599419) likes this.
    07-17-19 11:50 PM
    Now the Black KEY2 is again in stock on Amazon, but sold by "mercate group".
    I bought a "New" Key2 from the mercate group on eBay. I would describe it as "Open Box"
    07-18-19 05:41 AM
    I bought a "New" Key2 from the mercate group on eBay. I would describe it as "Open Box"
    What's the build date of the phone ?

And btw Best Buy still has the Atomic LE but probably not many units left
    07-18-19 12:19 PM

Sep 13th, 2018.

The reason I describe it as open box is that there was an indication it had been resealed (left over glue from original sealing sticker, with a smaller sticker sealing it). No screen protector with BlackBerry shield on the front, no IMEI sticker on the back, a European Plug, no USB-C cable, and when I booted it up - had the most current (May 2019 if I remember correctly) security update.

However, no fingerprints, nicks, dust, smudges, NOTHING on the phone. If they opened it up to update the phone before they shipped it out, I don't mind, but advertise it that way.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-18-19 12:58 PM
    I've been looking for a way to rationalize their silence that is sound in reason and doesn't include a doomsday scenario. It would also explain why sales numbers for the Key2 remain unreleased, while they were for the KeyOne. This is a different approach to sales. If they'd released it in all markets at the simultaneously, they'd have bigger sales to tout, but it would drop off too quickly due to market saturation. Then they'd have a product to sell with no one to buy it until another was released years later. That's would be a very long gap with little to no revenue from a device central to the BBMo's profits and its quickest route to failure, not to mention scaring away additional parties or investors.
    07-18-19 01:27 PM

No longer available for shipping
    07-18-19 02:22 PM
    Sep 13th, 2018.

The reason I describe it as open box is that there was an indication it had been resealed (left over glue from original sealing sticker, with a smaller sticker sealing it). No screen protector with BlackBerry shield on the front, no IMEI sticker on the back, a European Plug, no USB-C cable, and when I booted it up - had the most current (May 2019 if I remember correctly) security update.

However, no fingerprints, nicks, dust, smudges, NOTHING on the phone. If they opened it up to update the phone before they shipped it out, I don't mind, but advertise it that way.
    How much was that for?
    Is it a North American version?
    07-18-19 02:26 PM
    No longer available for shipping
    Why the hell wouldn't it be? That makes zero sense
    07-18-19 02:42 PM
    Why the hell wouldn't it be? That makes zero sense
    Because they've all been sold and BBMo isn't making any more?
    John Albert and TgeekB like this.
    07-18-19 06:45 PM
150 ... 23456