Well USA customers, I’ve noticed it is now sold out. I last checked a couple of days ago. It’ll be interesting to see if BB Mobile replenishes inventory on both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com; my feeling is they will not. They definitely seem to be just pursuing new markets instead.
    06-24-19 04:26 PM
    Well USA customers, I’ve noticed it is now sold out. I last checked a couple of days ago. It’ll be interesting to see if BB Mobile replenishes inventory on both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com; my feeling is they will not. They definitely seem to be just pursuing new markets instead.
    If you haven’t bought a KEY2 by now in USA or Canada, you weren’t going to buy one unless it was discounted heavily.. this has been tight inventory management unlike BlackBerry previously..
    rarsen and Jake2826 like this.
    06-24-19 04:32 PM
    If you haven’t bought a KEY2 by now in USA or Canada, you weren’t going to buy one unless it was discounted heavily.. this has been tight inventory management unlike BlackBerry previously..
    Yep. We’re just a long ways away from a potential KEY3, so I think it would be foolish to not make a few more devices and continue to sell tightly as you say. There’s still money to be made in my opinion.
    06-24-19 04:35 PM
    Perhaps the trade war is affecting the price?
    06-24-19 04:52 PM
    You can still buy the black BBF100-2 from Canadian carriers.

$870 CDN ($659 USD).
    06-24-19 05:03 PM
    There’s still money to be made in my opinion.
    I think so too. It's not like there are other OEM's coming out with PKB devices that will impact KEY2 sales.
    06-24-19 06:02 PM
    I think so too. It's not like there are other OEM's coming out with PKB devices that will impact KEY2 sales.
    Sure, but the costs associated with selling the next phone off the production line are less in a new market than in an old, saturated market.
    06-24-19 06:07 PM
    Sure, but the costs associated with selling the next phone off the production line are less in a new market than in an old, saturated market.
    Lol aren't the production costs exactly the same?

Why would making a small batch of -1's for tiny EU markets cost them more than making the same small batch but of -2's for NA ?
    06-24-19 06:11 PM
    Lol aren't the production costs exactly the same?
    Not the cost of manufacturing, the cost of selling.

Bringing a larger shipment to a virgin market en masse is cheaper than diverting some of the product in small batches to fill various supply channels in an already saturated market.
    06-24-19 06:18 PM
    Not the cost of manufacturing, the cost of selling.

Bringing a larger shipment to a virgin market en masse is cheaper than diverting some of the product in small batches to fill various supply channels in an already saturated market.
    Especially when margins are likely higher too.
    06-24-19 08:42 PM
    You can still buy the black BBF100-2 from Canadian carriers.

$870 CDN ($659 USD).
    Too much dough at this stage of the game! What was it, $829.99 + tax factory unlocked on amazon?
    06-24-19 09:11 PM
    Too much dough at this stage of the game! What was it, $829.99 + tax factory unlocked on amazon?
    Loaded with a 2 years old OS at this point...
    06-24-19 09:12 PM
    Loaded with a 2 years old OS at this point...
    In all fairness, every BBAndroid device OS is already one year old (behind) newest Android when introduced. That's one recognized characteristic of the product since PRIV at 2015 introduction.
    06-24-19 09:25 PM
    Yes. Carriers were always $40 more. Although, you get carrier support with that too.
    06-24-19 09:27 PM
    In all fairness, every BBAndroid device OS is already one year old (behind) newest Android when introduced. That's one recognized characteristic of the product since PRIV at 2015 introduction.
    If they only advertised the characteristic of their product, expectations then could be met and left up to the customer to decide.

Buying a new device is generally expected to be laoded with the latest OS, at this point Pie but maybe that's a western market expectation; perhaps that's not the case in some of the new markets @BlackBerry Mobile is seemingly getting after.

I am wondering if they locally advertise that Pie is coming...that would provide for insight into their intentions on the matter.
    06-24-19 10:04 PM
    If they only advertised the characteristic of their product, expectations then could be met and left up to the customer to decide.

Buying a new device is generally expected to be laoded with the latest OS, at this point Pie but maybe that's a western market expectation; perhaps that's not the case in some of the new markets @BlackBerry Mobile is seemingly getting after.

I am wondering if they locally advertise that Pie is coming...that would provide for insight into their intentions on the matter.
    We already know their intentions on the matter.
    06-24-19 10:16 PM
    We already know their intentions on the matter.
    I hope you are right. I am losing faith TBH...
    06-24-19 10:17 PM
    I hope you are right. I am losing faith TBH...
    Well, you can start to wonder in September - but up until then, there is no reason to lose faith.
    06-24-19 10:19 PM
    Well, you can start to wonder in September - but up until then, there is no reason to lose faith.
    Thanks for the encouragement!!!
    06-24-19 10:20 PM
    In my case , my keyone is on its last breath , if the silver would have been available on Amazon I would have purchased already ...
    06-24-19 10:24 PM
    In my case , my keyone is on its last breath , if the silver would have been available on Amazon I would have purchased already ...
    Last breath how?
    06-24-19 10:37 PM
    Looooong story short , I was given a replacement unit back in Feb from blackberry mobile , ever since , this replacement has the wort connectivity issues , I can barely break 5mbps downloads on a good day , most of time it on "emergency calls only" I've troubleshoot with t mobile and BlackBerry, all issues started with this device , I've reloaded software , used the tool , wiped , autoloaders to see if it's a software issue and no luck , issues still there . BlackBerry asked to send it in for repair , 3 weeks minimum and that is not an option . I don't have a second device .
    06-24-19 11:00 PM
    The pretext of saturated market doesn't work anymore.
    No hardware company in the world would pause selling products a year before releasing a new one, and then they could survive.

If they aren't gonna release Key3 in the next couple of months, they're done!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-24-19 11:55 PM
    The pretext of saturated market doesn't work anymore.
    No hardware company in the world would pause selling products a year before releasing a new one, and then they could survive.

If they aren't gonna release Key3 in the next couple of months, they're done!
    Well, they aren't going to release a KEY³ in a couple of months, nor did they ever intended to.

They haven't paused selling devices, they've only paused in the areas that have already sold through.

I simply don't understand your business model. Why keep stock in the US, in multiple channels, for a handful of sales, when they can sell all of them right away in virgin markets?

They already satisfied 99.9% of the US market. Resources are better spent elsewhere.

I'm not sure why you stake the entire company's future in the untapped 0.1% of the US pkb market.
    Last edited by conite; 06-25-19 at 12:37 AM.
    rarsen and Jake2826 like this.
    06-25-19 12:17 AM
    I'm not sure why you stake the entire company's future in the untapped 0.1% of the US pkb market.
    Several people here also believe that BBMo's future relies solely on the US market, and I'm really not sure why.

It seems like the brand name is much less tarnished over in the EU, and I would think they're selling decent in UK, France and Germany (heck they even bother with custom keyboard layouts for the latter two).
    I have no idea how they're doing in South America, Asia and Australia though.
    06-25-19 08:15 AM
150 123 ...