No we don't need a "real camera. 99% of us don't but since every smartphone at this price range for years have provided high quality pictures. Having a keyboard is no reason for camera we have now.

How is that so hard to understand. Very few people know how it to take professional shots, the point of a smartphone is that it is supposed to do everything in one device, alarm, calendar & you know what? Take pictures. When almost any other smartphone from 200$ can take similar or better pictures. It's unacceptable. We aren't in 2008 anymore.
    I guess ur pre wedding shoot was taken using a Samsung galaxy s9 plus, the photos u see on a magazine, online news/article were taken using a iPhone x, you will also pay a " professional" hundreds or thousands dollars to do photo shooting for important events using a p20 pro..

So yeah, we really don't need a real camera anymore..
    08-15-18 09:28 AM
    I guess ur pre wedding shoot was taken using a Samsung galaxy s9 plus, the photos u see on a magazine, online news/article were taken using a iPhone x, you will also pay a " professional" hundreds or thousands dollars to do photo shooting for important events using a p20 pro..

Haha!

Don't want to get married but a marriage is the perfect event for a professional photographer. Everyday use, events, parties & time with family is the time for a smartphone & a random shot here & there. Clearly, the rest of the market has moved on & the average consumer is very interested & happy knowing they have a good camera after they decide on Apple or Samsung.

I'd love to live in your twilight zone were smartphones don't a camera or even a decent camera.
    08-15-18 09:32 AM
    sorry guys but do not go out of topic.. there are too many posts of people complaining about the camera. This thread is to constructively show the need of a better camera and help if possible the software development
    08-15-18 10:01 AM

I wonder how many do own a "real camera" these days... phones have pretty much taken over the PS Camera category. And let's face it the "professional" cameras were never all that main stream anyway.... they are for professionals or hobbyist.

Your phones doesn't have to be as good as a professionals tools, it just needs to be as good as most other $650 phones cameras that are out there.
    08-15-18 10:03 AM
    sorry guys but do not go out of topic.. there are too many posts of people complaining about the camera. This thread is to constructively show the need of a better camera and help if possible the software development
    Until BBMo asks for help, not much that can be done... but complain loudly enough so they know it's an issue they need to keep working on. But as I understand it, TCL is responsible for the camera software, and even they don't do it in house... it's via a 3rd party. So probable not much hope of a beta system...
    08-15-18 10:07 AM
30 12