It's clear by now that the KEY2 camera needs additional work at the software / hardware level.
    It seems also that the camera quality is extremely important for the average BlackBerry user.

TCL-BBM has been pretty responsive in the past: see the "screengate" on KEYone fixed in few weeks or the implementation of AptX in the KEY2 immediately after the initial software release.

I would like to see specific camera threads on CB where personnel from BBM is answering questions from the users (it is already happening for the other app) and survey / beta programs for the camera (right now the camera app seems to be baked in the OS)

CB is a great communication channel between user and manufacturer, has a direct connection due to the sponsorship, and I am pretty sure can help in this regards.

If TCL-BBM is able to acknowledge the problem and react quickly they can still transform a problem into an opportunity of creating a strong beta group that helps in the camera development, improving the one on KEY2 and getting the info right for KEY3.

Please make it happen!
    Arabianhorse and stormzero like this.
    08-12-18 01:28 AM
    If they are reading this, I promise, if you make the camera better through updates, I will go buy a Keytwo tomorrow!!
    stormzero and farmwersteve like this.
    08-12-18 01:47 AM
    @Bla1ze; @CBKevin any hope this can happen?
    stormzero likes this.
    08-12-18 05:57 AM
    @LiamQ , @JohnAtBlackBerry is there anyone of the Camera-Team here or is this TCL-only and we should get to @BlackBerry Mobile
    08-12-18 06:00 AM
    The August update seriously improved night time shots, so they are working hard on it.
    herbersh and SAKET AHUJA like this.
    08-12-18 04:56 PM
    we just need cameraAPI2 fully implemented
    Fred Wu likes this.
    08-12-18 05:23 PM
    If they are reading this, I promise, if you make the camera better through updates, I will go buy a Keytwo tomorrow!!
    Me too.
    I returned the key2 I bought because the camera was a downgrade from my Key1

So, add me to the list of buy asap once camera is better than the key1
    the_boon, deiop and chrispmoto like this.
    08-12-18 06:57 PM
    Me too
    chrispmoto likes this.
    08-12-18 07:31 PM
    BBM has an extremely supportive community right here on CB.. it is really up to them to leverage it. This thread it is just to say "we are here if you need" . Frankly not every brand is so lucky but they need to move quickly because a lot of people is leaving..
    robertillo and Derek Stacey like this.
    08-13-18 08:31 AM
    You can already sign up for the beta. Up to them to actually push something to the beta channel though.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ckberry.camera
    DavideaNY likes this.
    08-13-18 10:52 AM
    You can already sign up for the beta. Up to them to actually push something to the beta channel though.

it seems my account isn't eligible for beta (italy)
    08-13-18 11:21 AM
    it seems my account isn't eligible for beta (italy)
    Probably regional. I signed up just fine.
    08-13-18 11:23 AM
    CrackBerry used to have members direct from BlackBerry who scanned the comments section here and made adjustments to the software plus sent out beta updates too. We shall see. Great idea.
    08-13-18 11:33 AM

I have subscribed to the different beta channels.. But as you are saying I really hope they can start pushing updates with proper change logs.. And extremely quickly! This "camera nonsense" can hurt badly the KEY2 sales
    08-13-18 04:33 PM
    Im pretty happy with the camera. Then again a camera isnt important to me
    TCM01 likes this.
    08-13-18 05:37 PM
    pics I have seen the Camera looks fine for most users.
    08-13-18 08:23 PM
    Two OS updates, and two camera updates so far.

The camera app is by TCL, unlike the app suite, so I don't even know if they have a consumer-faced beta program or even a means to communicate with the public per se.
    08-13-18 08:25 PM
    pics I have seen the Camera looks fine for most users.
    wait until someone says it looks sucks on a BIG screen and zoom and crop the pic with bad quality to show you the pic taken by key2 is sucks.
    08-14-18 05:42 AM
    wait until someone says it looks sucks on a BIG screen and zoom and crop the pic with bad quality to show you the pic taken by key2 is sucks.
    The real nonsense is to look at pictures in a microscopic screen and pretend they're fine...
    08-15-18 04:35 AM
    Probably regional. I signed up just fine.
    Of course, but what's the point? We have beautiful landscape here
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-15-18 04:37 AM
    The real nonsense is to look at pictures in a microscopic screen and pretend they're fine...
    To me, the real nonsense thing is taking a photo with a phone, then zoom in and analyse every single details. When those people care so much about the picture "quality" , yet they say investing in a camera is stupid.
    08-15-18 06:35 AM
    To me, the real nonsense thing is taking a photo with a phone, then zoom in and analyse every single details. When those people care so much about the picture "quality" , yet they say investing in a camera is stupid.
    We don't need to zoom in & analyze the picture. It's quite evident, that picture quality is poor in low light shots. I uploaded shots to my PC & showed my parents on my 23” LCD & They could can clearly tell the night shows are bad. They are 70 years old.

We shouldn't need a second device or proper camera to take normal shots in everyday life or on vacation with a smartphone in the last few years. In 2018 & at 829$, the camera is unacceptable. I'm waiting for my phone to get the August update & I'll upload dark pics to my thread.
    floc likes this.
    08-15-18 07:49 AM

We shouldn't need a second device or proper camera to take normal shots in everyday life or on vacation with a smartphone in the last few years. In 2018 & at 829$, the camera is unacceptable..
    I agree 100%!
    08-15-18 08:24 AM
    We don't need to zoom in & analyze the picture. It's quite evident, that picture quality is poor in low light shots. I uploaded shots to my PC & showed my parents on my 23” LCD & They could can clearly tell the night shows are bad. They are 70 years old.

We shouldn't need a second device or proper camera to take normal shots in everyday life or on vacation with a smartphone in the last few years. In 2018 & at 829$, the camera is unacceptable. I'm waiting for my phone to get the August update & I'll upload dark pics to my thread.
    Phone camera can only replace a camera for it's convenience, never can it replace the picture quality by a real camera, at least not as of today.

So yeah, if u really want a good quality picture, should get a real camera.

I agree that the key2 should be better improved via software update (hopefully). The fact that someone who keep talking and care so much about the quality of a phone camera, but "lazy" to use a camera to take a really nice picture make me doubt do they really know about picture quality.
    08-15-18 09:16 AM
    Phone camera can only replace a camera for it's convenience, never can it replace the picture quality by a real camera, at least not as of today.

So yeah, if u really want a good quality picture, should get a real camera.
    No we don't need a "real camera. 99% of us don't but since every smartphone at this price range for years have provided high quality pictures. Having a keyboard is no reason for camera we have now.

How is that so hard to understand. Very few people know how it to take professional shots, the point of a smartphone is that it is supposed to do everything in one device, alarm, calendar & you know what? Take pictures. When almost any other smartphone from 200$ can take similar or better pictures. It's unacceptable. We aren't in 2008 anymore.
    08-15-18 09:19 AM
30 12