Looking for another K2 and so far both Best Buy and Amazon are out of stock in all colors might this be a sign that a Key3 is soon to be released? I would still pick up the Key2 it's a great device.
    06-03-19 08:13 AM
    Looking for another K2 and so far both Best Buy and Amazon are out of stock in all colors might this be a sign that a Key3 is soon to be released? I would still pick up the Key2 it's a great device.
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13399026

Any KEY³ would be 4-6 months minimum after we see a certification for a device somewhere - which we haven't so far.
    06-03-19 08:27 AM
    My Best Buy here in Westminster, California sent their Key2's back, no sales. Their LE's are selling but slowly.
    06-03-19 08:31 AM
    My Best Buy here in Westminster, California sent their Key2's back, no sales. Their LE's are selling but slowly.
    That's good - that means more inventory for the stores that ARE selling well.
    06-03-19 08:40 AM
    Being they said end of the year or early next year, and there has been no leaks... my guess is no, that isn't what this is a sign of.
    06-03-19 08:41 AM
    Hope so.
    06-03-19 08:42 AM
    Hope so.
    Being that they no longer list the KEY2 at all... generally a Retailer pulls old slow selling inventory and liquidates it, they don't redistribute it to other stores. Not sure if they utilized it to fill online order first... but either way BestBuy seems to be done with the KEY2. They do still offer the LE in all three colors.

But with Amazon also being out of stock (other than 3rd parties)... something is going on, beyond just tight inventory controls.
    John Albert likes this.
    06-03-19 09:13 AM
    I had to look pretty hard to find my KEY2. If your looking for a new BBF100-2, then Amazon is pretty much the only mainstream place to find one for a reasonable price. If your looking for a BBF100-6, then it's much easier. But for North American use, I'd not recommend it personally.
    06-03-19 09:38 AM
    Being that they no longer list the KEY2 at all... generally a Retailer pulls old slow selling inventory and liquidates it, they don't redistribute it to other stores. Not sure if they utilized it to fill online order first... but either way BestBuy seems to be done with the KEY2. They do still offer the LE in all three colors.

But with Amazon also being out of stock (other than 3rd parties)... something is going on, beyond just tight inventory controls.
    It has more to do with the sales track records of previous BlackBerry devices. Most companies were scared to stock up on a phone with such a small niche market. With the fact that BBM was shut down on consumer side, we can only speculate the small number of devices actually sold given the price point and specs. Don't get me wrong battery life is great but no where near what is advertised. The camera is sub par given its potential and keyboard issues with the space bar didn't help it either. If BlackBerry really wants to launch a Key3, they really need to deliver a high end specs phone with a minimum 4000 mAh battery. With the amount of cash they have, they can come up with a competitive display similar to oled and make licencing fee off that. When was the last time we thought of buying a LCD TV compared to LED. I live in Canada and performance in sunlight is a major issue for this phone. I love the phone but at its price point it leaves much to be desired. Most importantly BlackBerry should listen to big YouTube reviewers since that also hurt the sales when someone with over a million followers posts "do not buy Blackberry Key 2" and I am not talking one reviewer. Blackberry launcher has a major footprint. BlackBerry Password keeper is seriously awesome but doesn't get a focus in marketing materials.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-03-19 09:41 AM
    With the amount of cash they have, they can come up with a competitive display
    Doesn't matter how much cash they have... they need to make a profit and at these volumes there just isn't enough of a market to allow volume to be the profit generator, so each unit has to be sold for a profit.

It's been two years and four devices... it's pretty clear what the KEY3 would be if they release it.

While you might love the Launcher or Password Keeper... neither are really all that special, certainly nothing to use as part of focused marketing. That would be the KEYboard at this point. I wouldn't even mention updates anymore.
    06-03-19 10:01 AM
    It has more to do with the sales track records of previous BlackBerry devices. Most companies were scared to stock up on a phone with such a small niche market. With the fact that BBM was shut down on consumer side, we can only speculate the small number of devices actually sold given the price point and specs. Don't get me wrong battery life is great but no where near what is advertised. The camera is sub par given its potential and keyboard issues with the space bar didn't help it either. If BlackBerry really wants to launch a Key3, they really need to deliver a high end specs phone with a minimum 4000 mAh battery. With the amount of cash they have, they can come up with a competitive display similar to oled and make licencing fee off that. When was the last time we thought of buying a LCD TV compared to LED. I live in Canada and performance in sunlight is a major issue for this phone. I love the phone but at its price point it leaves much to be desired. Most importantly BlackBerry should listen to big YouTube reviewers since that also hurt the sales when someone with over a million followers posts "do not buy Blackberry Key 2" and I am not talking one reviewer. Blackberry launcher has a major footprint. BlackBerry Password keeper is seriously awesome but doesn't get a focus in marketing materials.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale
    06-03-19 10:02 AM
    I am sorry when I said BlackBerry launcher has a major footprint, I meant its very resource (GPU and ram) heavy and really hampers the productivity. And I understand the concept of economies of scale and if BlackBerry wants to deliver an actual flagship phone they need to invest in their r&d (research and development) to actually get some decent ROI. Correct me if I am being naive and wrong but I am taught to believe you only get a major return if you have made an actual investment that's worthwhile for the consumer.
    06-03-19 10:10 AM
    Explain?
    06-03-19 10:23 AM
    Explain?
    If one store "sends them back" because they aren't selling, they will be sent elsewhere.
    06-03-19 10:27 AM

It also could be BBMo is either pulling or stopped manufacturing the Key² due to the pkb issues that they haven't been able to solve.
    I personally would like to see the K3 to be based on the Key²LE but better specs. The one Key² pkb feature I would like to see would be the scrolling capabilities. That is the only capacitive pkb Key² feature I miss on my Key²LE. Other than that I don't miss my Key² at all.
    06-03-19 10:36 AM
    It also could be BBMo is either pulling or stopped manufacturing the Key² due to the pkb issues that they haven't been able to solve.
    I personally would like to see the K3 to be based on the Key²LE but better specs. The one Key² pkb feature I would like to see would be the scrolling capabilities. That is the only capacitive pkb Key² feature I miss on my Key²LE. Other than that I don't miss my Key² at all.
    Unlikely. They were still producing as of last month and you've been reporting the issue for more than 6.
    rarsen likes this.
    06-03-19 11:09 AM
    Unlikely. They were still producing as of last month and you've been reporting the issue for more than 6.
    I was just making a wild hiney guess. I was reporting the Key² pkb issues since last September. Of course we can still read how that has turned out. But thankfully it isn't my concern anymore and if the K3 is released I hope it isn't with that model as well.
    06-03-19 11:59 AM
    I was just making a wild hiney guess. I was reporting the Key² pkb issues since last September. Of course we can still read how that has turned out. But thankfully it isn't my concern anymore and if the K3 is released I hope it isn't with that model as well.
    Let's say BBMo "fixes" the issue via a hardware change.... where does that leave all the existing users? Don't they deserve a fix if it's a FLAW in the design or manufacturing? It's better to say they are "holding it wrong" and fix the issue next year.

I've seen many with no issue and other that are on their 5th phone... my guess is KEY2 demand just doesn't justify more production of the NA varriant.
    06-03-19 01:54 PM
    Let's say BBMo "fixes" the issue via a hardware change.... where does that leave all the existing users? Don't they deserve a fix if it's a FLAW in the design or manufacturing? It's better to say they are "holding it wrong" and fix the issue next year.

I've seen many with no issue and other that are on their 5th phone... my guess is KEY2 demand just doesn't justify more production of the NA varriant.
    I do believe BBMo owes everyone with an issue plagued Key² some sort of compensation if the K3 is released with an error free fully capacitive keyboard. Perhaps a trade in discount for example. Just like good luck in getting the issues fixed on the Key², good luck in getting some compensation from BBMo.
    06-03-19 03:28 PM

If BBMo has proven anything it's that they learn from their mistakes. I fully expect many if not most of the shortcomings of the Key2 series will be addressed in the next model.
    06-03-19 03:30 PM
    I do believe BBMo owes everyone with an issue plagued Key² some sort of compensation if the K3 is released with an error free fully capacitive keyboard. Perhaps a trade in discount for example. Just like good luck in getting the issues fixed on the Key², good luck in getting some compensation from BBMo.
    Never going to happen. But I think most Key2 users will be forgiving IF the issues are actually addressed in the Key3, and not papered over with cheap tricks such as an LE style non-capacitive keyboard.

The point is many of us still want the capacitive pkb (and will pay for it), we just want it to sing and not be plagued with inconsistencies and annoyances.
    06-03-19 03:33 PM
    Never going to happen. But I think most Key2 users will be forgiving IF the issues are actually addressed in the Key3, and not papered over with cheap tricks such as an LE style non-capacitive keyboard.

The point is many of us still want the capacitive pkb (and will pay for it), we just want it to sing and not be plagued with inconsistencies and annoyances.
    Of course it isn't going to happen. You really think people who have paid over $600 for a issue plagued Key² will just shrug their shoulders and go oh well if they have to spend another $600+ for a K3 just to get an issue free keyboard. I doubt they will be so forgiving. I won't. I may not have my Key² anymore (not by my choice) but my efforts with BBMo tech support is well documented. Perhaps I should be compensated as well. Not going to happen either.
    I'll think hard and long before I buy a K3, unless it doesn't have a capacitive keyboard.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-03-19 03:44 PM
    PDAplaza is selling the international version in Canada. I don't know how this affects the warranty.
    06-03-19 03:44 PM
    Of course it isn't going to happen. You really think people who have paid over $600 for a issue plagued Key² will just shrug their shoulders and go oh well if they have to spend another $600+ for a K3 just to get an issue free keyboard. I doubt they will be so forgiving. I won't. I may not have my Key² anymore (not by my choice) but my efforts with BBMo tech support is well documented. Perhaps I should be compensated as well. Not going to happen either.
    I'll think hard and long before I buy a K3, unless it doesn't have a capacitive keyboard.
    All I can say is if the worst case scenario is someone will go out and buy an LE despite the unforgivable incompetence of the Key2, I don't think BBMo will be too worried.

As for the rest of the herd - yes, if the Key3 has improved on the KeyONE and Key2 with the respect to the keyboard as well as in other areas - I have absolutely no doubt fans will buy it, including most of the people like us that thought the Key2 keyboard was less than perfect.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-03-19 04:46 PM
    If BBMo has proven anything it's that they learn from their mistakes. I fully expect many if not most of the shortcomings of the Key2 series will be addressed in the next model.
    Right, and the KEY2 did fix many things that weren't great about the KEYone.

But it also messed up on things that were just fine on the KEYone, such as the spacebar and for some, the scrolling sensitivity.

This is even more frustrating, because it's better to simply copy and paste a design/feature than to change it for the sake of changing it and end up with something inferior.

Then the LE came and it's a very solid fault-free device, the only thing I could find to bash it for is that terribly underwhelming LED light.
    06-03-19 04:47 PM
78 123 ...